Black people and the glorification of the matriarch

Replies

• High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kushington wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    All ya'll deadbeats are fucking it up for the good men...you mad?
    So let me get this straight, we not even gonna address the racial undertones in this post?

I think kat has earned the right to say what she wants about black folks.

Just curious, what does someone have to do to earn the right to say whatever they want about black folks?

When they help create more black folks.

That's like saying because I own a couple of shares of a company I have the right to sit in on board meetings and make suggestions.

• KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Coonington wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, we not even gonna address the racial undertones in this post?

Yea ur name fits

You a lame, stfu
    U forgot ur shoe shine. Now go shine her shoes nigga
    home-animated.gif
    KushingtonAmotekun
  • desertrain10desertrain10 Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    i think it has a lot to do with traditional gender roles which cast men as the bread winner while women were left home to raise the children... so many times fathers are forgotten to be appreciated because their roles in the family are not seen easily...

daddy disciplines but has limited interaction with the children. mom who is the nurturer is the one to change diapers, feed you, teach you how to talk/walk, comfort you after a bad fall, etc... which could also account for why fathers are often unappreciated

just another double standard ...like how mothers are criticized more so than fathers for too little involvement at home or too much involvement in paid work. fathers are criticized more than mothers were, for too much involvement at home or too little in paid work....

and like you were saying a lot of black mothers have had to be both mom and dad ...

• KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

Yea ur name fits

You a lame, stfu
    home-animated.gif

Your jokes are NEVER funny and youre still lame as fuck bruh
    KingJamalItsKatBitchesChicityMr.Forte
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea ur name fits

You a lame, stfu
    home-animated.gif

Your jokes are NEVER funny and youre still lame as fuck bruh

I wasn't joking tho
    ItsKatBitchesKushingtonCeLLaR-DooR
  • KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kushington caping for a fat white woman? Man he must be a real nigga

But Im not caping tho.
    KingJamalDirty SanchezMr.Forte
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just society. Religion breeds this too. Every Mother's Day the pastor preaches about "A Mother's Love/Sacrifice/etc", but when it's Father's Day... the nigga just talks about Jesus.
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 kat gets implants so she can have big titties.
    Amotekun
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 20,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    For yall complaining about getting no love fathers day, yall sounding real emotional. Real men dont give a fuck about fathers day.

Real man holiday is kick off weekend. And that's when women need to shut the fuck up and fix a nigga a plate.
    dallas' 4 evanj2089Mr.Forte
    edited May 2012
    fiat_money wrote: »

Yeah get it in while you can cause it's coming...no sexual innuendo.
    What kind are you getting yo?

Because hard-ass, scar titties are the WOAT.
    Amotekun
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck pigs squeal.

At least when it comes to black men..shit I've put up with ya'll long enough to have some say.

dealwithit.gif
    fiat_money wrote: »

Yeah get it in while you can cause it's coming...no sexual innuendo.

Are you getting ass implants too, or are you sticking with your lunges routine?
    Mr.Forte
    What would you recommend?
    I wouldn't recommend them, I think each type has some kind of fault.

Natural titties>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>_________________
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva Dicking down your old lady. Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For yall complaining about getting no love fathers day, yall sounding real emotional. Real men dont give a fuck about fathers day.

Real man holiday is kick off weekend. And that's when women need to shut the fuck up and fix a nigga a plate.

Co-sign. I told my pops happy fathers day one year and he looked at me like I was crazy and said "the fuck is that shit for just get me a beer damnit."
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i say the same shit all the time...

real dads get no love an shitty dads get all the attention even if it is bad.

I hate when ppl say props on being a good dad....the fukk? dont give me props...how about you go an give the guy hell that aint doing shit for his kids instead of listening to his excuses...

and some of these women need to give props where its due rather than taking it all. just because they are usually the most vocal dont mean they have all the answers. I know plenty of times my mom would talk things over with my dad then come with an answer like it was her idea.

i know plenty of chicks that say what they do and minimize what the father does cause they want all the glory.

just like i always let my kids know its a joint effort between me and my wife....and that no one person is doing this...i would expect the same to be said when i not around.
    Mr.Forte
    Fathers really don't care though. I asked my mom what she wanted for Mothers Day & she gave me a list. Told me to pock 1 & she'd be happy. If I know my pops all he wants is for nobody to ask him for money.
  • LPastLPast Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See what happens when you give them an inch...

Cosign Bull. My pops says don't get him anything each year.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true, we celebrate Father's day the exact same way we celebrate Mother's day. At least that's how we do it in my family.

And for y'all saying Father's don't care, don't be so naive. You being a guy yourself should know how we act. We don't "care," but we don't mind the shit either. Stop acting like you wouldn't like to be taken out to dinner or given a new TV just because. That shit still counts for something regardless of what we say.
    Mr.Forte
    Yeah, we still do things to show our appreciation, he just has never made a big deal out if it so that's what we're used to. Take him out to dinner, etc. But my pops B-day is in June so he gets things before Fathers Day anyway.
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    on some real shit....im happy Kat got thick skin.

cuz that would've been another chick yall ran off the board.
    ItsKatBitchesMr.Forte
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true, we celebrate Father's day the exact same way we celebrate Mother's day. At least that's how we do it in my family.

And for y'all saying Father's don't care, don't be so naive. You being a guy yourself should know how we act. We don't "care," but we don't mind the shit either. Stop acting like you wouldn't like to be taken out to dinner or given a new TV just because. That shit still counts for something regardless of what we say.

you and your family are the exception not the rule

mothers get calls, flowers, dinners, diamonds and all types of other shit...
    dads get ties and socks, maybe a card and some nasty ass french toast that we have to pretend to like cause daddies cant hurt ppls feelings

• leftcoastkevleftcoastkev Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do what I do cuz it's in me to do it. I take care of home. I aint looking for know praise in it cuz I know when I'm done doing what I need to do I go do what I want, like fucking wit the next bitch. You can have the praise but my victory is silent
    Mr.Forte
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maalik wrote: »
    on some real shit....im happy Kat got thick skin.

cuz that would've been another chick yall ran off the board.

lol..if that would have ran a chick off the board she was in the wrong place to begin with...

You look cute in that cape though. ; )

smh....
    Mr.ForteDirty Sanchez
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the matriarch is just plain destructive.
    -Vincenzo-ceothachosen1
  • DreadsRIGHTDreadsRIGHT Posts: 300
    Cosign shiz... Id take it a step further and say every sunday during football season is fathers day EVEN IF YOU NOT A FATHER fuck it.

Thats how it goes down (and always will) in my house at least. Fuck a fathers day i work for what i want.
  • ceothachosen1ceothachosen1 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    kai_valya wrote: »
    We're talking majorities here. Obviously if deadbeat moms were the majority this stigma wouldn't exist no?

I know there are a bunch of ain't shit moms out there though. I was just semi-trolling with my wording.

actually, if men got custody more, there'd be more dead-beat women. statistically there are more dead beat moms than there are dead beat dads. only 57% of the women ordered to pay support actually do so, compared to 68% of men who pay

Deadbeat goes far beyond monetary value IMO.

You paying that monthly payment doesn't mean you're not a deadbeat.

a parent who makes little to no monetary contributions is the definition of deadbeat