The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• Mally_GMally_G Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to holla at my homeyboy and see if he got a clear copy for the low

did your copy start with Fury already talking (so who knows how long the movie had already started) and the movie ending before any of the hidden credit scenes?
  • IamNumberOneIamNumberOne Golden Child Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that movie was great
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, just got back from seeing it in IMAX 3D. My mind is officially fuckin blown! BELIEVE THE HYPE! Shit was amazing! The whole team got it in, not even about to bother with ranking them and shit cause it don't matter.

As far as Superhero movies go right now, there is the league of The Dark Knight, Iron Man 1, Spider Man 2, The Avengers....and then there is just every other superhero movie.

And as far as team superhero movies...sorry, this shit is better than both the Fantastic Four movies and all the X-MEN movies (including X2 and First Class) combined. And I fucks with First Class. But damn, Avengers. None greater!

The Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, and Superman (next year)...its on yall now.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    30a.jpg?1321555779

This was just the tip of the iceburg, if everyone can remain alive, they could have 6 Avengers movies with all the characters. Remember Spider-man and Wolverine joined them at one point.

I'll bet my last cent that T'Challa is going to be in the next one.

Anthony Mackie, Derek Luke, Chietwel...ya'll niggas better start getting your weight up!
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven "No Title" MarylandPosts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily the best comic book movie period.This is what I expected from the X-Men, but never got. It actually brought to the life the characters straight from the comic unlike Batman.I think that if you have been waiting for a true adaptation of a comic book then you will be very pleased.Nothing looked hokey or corny like in other movies (Dare Devil, Venom and Ghost Rider) and the SHIELD flying ship was incredible and well done.Only thing that I did not like about the movie was how wack and generic Hawkeye was.They could have given him a mask at least and my brother kept talking about how weak he was.I hope to see Kang the Conqueror as the lead villain in the sequel. Movie was better than all 3 Transformer movies IMO.
    TheBossmanrip.dillaIamNumberOne
    Mally_G wrote: »

did your copy start with Fury already talking (so who knows how long the movie had already started) and the movie ending before any of the hidden credit scenes?

As always I never wait for the after credit scenes.Anybody got a link?
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

I'm bout to watch it in a min

Mad Jack wrote: »

well with some of these marvel movies lately they been having to be continued type scenes in it like the hulk, thor.....
    Also Scrap Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2. Just go straight to Avengers 2, I don't want to see those filler solo movies after this.

No sir....ironman is one of their big money makers
    traestar
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tell a nigga what is at the end of the credits.
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

rip.dillaVulcanRavensilverfoxx
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 51,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still wanna see Iron 3. Bump the bs. B/c hopefully it'll lead into them doing War Machine. But y'all do have a point. A another Avengers movie makes sense. Especially how it ended.

Folks in hear talkin about why Luke Cage wasn't in it?? Uh so you wanted them to just throw a random character in the movie, just to do it. No one is really familiar wit him (except the fanboys). Who is his arch nemesis? What kinda story line would he have?
    All I keep reading is how ill Batman is.The Dark Knight is fucking overrated and this is coming from a big fan of the TDK and was murdered by both Joker and Dent.Nolan's batman is too dry and lacks the excitement of the comics.Avengers is the GOAT comic book/super hero movie point blank period.It's what I have been dreaming about since childhood.
    focusfreshb651Bcotton5infamous114MAKAVELI25
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayo The Avengers was hard body! Definitely a great movie! All your favorites going toe to toe, running things...and Thanos! ENUFF SAID!

What I liked about it was the balance of action/story and even the character importance was well balanced, I didn't feel like Black Widow played the background at all!
    IamNumberOnesilverfoxx
    Yroc wrote: »
    just saw this hoe. it was definitely a good look. the only movie fuckin wit it is dark knight, and even then they're in different lanes so you can't really compare the two.

as far as their order of trillness in the movie i gotta go with: 1. ironman 2. hulk 3. black widow 4. hawkeye 5. thor 6. caps. they totally fucked thor away for me. if it weren't for that lil squab w/hulk that nigga ALMOST appeared like a very strong HUMAN. he should've wrecked waaay more shit. i think people who don't read the comics should have a realistic understanding of who run shit in the marvel universe.

of all the humans, black widow was the best to me, with hawkeye was right on that ass; that nicca hawk was gangsta wit his, but once you see the movie you'll know why i had to give her the nod. caps and that damn suit. his fight scenes were a lil...bleh to me but that's nit picking.

i didn't notice the length of the movie probably because i'm a fan and it was good flick. you wanna talk length sit through lord of the rings...

What you have to take into consideration is that Thor has to hold back or he could kill a lot of people using too much power.If he really went at the Hulk on the air ship then Fury and all the humans would have died.The same with NY city,Thor could level the entire city alone if he was out of control.
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30a.jpg?1321555779

This was just the tip of the iceburg, if everyone can remain alive, they could have 6 Avengers movies with all the characters. Remember Spider-man and Wolverine joined them at one point.

AND I WANT THEM TO DO THIS!!!

Thanks.I have faith after seeing the movie that they could make Thanos work.
  • _Jay__Jay_ Posts: 3,014 My Name Is My Name.
    Best superhero flick thus far...

and the Hulk?! Nigga
    VulcanRaven
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they announced the plot of most the movies before ironman 2 was even made you can find it on IGN, only the avengers was the mystery. the only thing that was scraped was the hulk 2. They said it would take 2 movies to tell caps story. Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 movies as the hulk so without him doing his own movie he has to appear in the others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224134p1.html

the order of movies were/are iron man 2, thor, hulk 2, cap 1, avengers, iron man 3, thor 2,cap 2, avengers 2.

also Black Panther may be a no go, before Disney had marvel studio's they sold the rights of : Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi to fox. Disney has been working to get those back and only got iron man, cap, and the avengers back. Fox is unwilling to let x-men go since they had them since the 90's, and they are working on getting black panther back though. They stated in 2009 they want him to get his own movie, along with cable and iron fist.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also ant-man movie is in production by fox so thats why we didnt see him
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 22,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God damn @ hulk chasing black widow on some horror flick shit.
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 43,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    80 million in one day...damn
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Yroc wrote: »

Gotta disagree here. FIrst off, Hulk shits on everyone else in the movie. All the other characters had scenes here and there that MIGHT have got a reaction out of SOME of the people in the theatre. Hulk had at least two that most definitely got a reaction out of everyone in the theatre.

Second, Thor wasn't really portrayed as weak at all. He and Hulk were basically running through enemies with 0 problem. Hell even the Hulk got bloodied up. Thor on the other hand was able to take out a whole wave of enemies by himself with one attack. I don't see why you would have wanted them to have Thor solo the alien army. That wouldn't have made sense. On top of that, Thor isn't really portrayed like that in the comics anyway. Yeah, in his solo books he may sometimes be shown to be a beast like that, but in the Avengers comics he never takes out major threats all by himself.

ironman/tony starks was a win/win no matter which character was on screen. that boy rdj is a good ass actor. although the hulk had a few good MOMENTS in the film he never really came across as a central character. his fight scenes were more demonstrative and destructive so i can see why he gets so much praise, but compared to the others his screen presence was not as memorable...EXCEPT for in the climax.

i wasn't tryna to imply that i wanted thor to take on the attack dolo, but if hulk could take out one them big ass aliens by himself thor could've too. instead this nicca thor up hiir fightin them lil aliens like caps, hawk, and widow. i'm sayin, if you didn't know who thor was AND he didn't have that lil squab with hulk, i could see somebody thinkin that caps could fuck wit thor.

I'm not sure what you mean. Banner/Hulk was one of the focal points throughout the movie. There was basically a constant rumbling through the first half of the movie centered around Banner and his ability to contain the Hulk, and then when we actually see the Hulk, he pretty much delivered on everything that was expected. I'm not taking away from Ironman. RDJ's Ironman has been the best envisioning of any of the characters, but for me, the highlights of the movie were all Hulk oriented.

As for Thor, I think you missed out on a few things. First, Hulk didn't take out any of those big things by himself. He upended on, but Ironman was the one that actually killed it by launching a missle at an exposed weak spot. If you're going to give Hulk credit for that, then you have to give Thor credit for killing the one where he slammed the metal shard into its brain with his hammer. However, unless I'm mistaken, Thor killed like two of those things and a couple dozen of the smaller aliens by himself with that one attack where he used the building as a lightning rod. That was the most powerful display in the entire movie.

No one in their right mind would come out of there thinking Cap could take Thor. Thor was firing lightning bolts, summoning torandos, taking blows from the Hulk, and smacking Ironman through trees with casual attacks. All of those things were far beyond what Cap could do. Hell, Cap couldn't even lay a hand on Loki, so why would anyone think he could beat Thor?

The-Avengers-2012-Hulk-vs-Loki-SMASH.gif
    3668718_o.gif

Man this shit right here and the part where Hulk casually knocked Thor out of the screen made the movie for me. Everything else could have been wack and I still would have said the movie was good. lol Hell, we saw it yesterday and my wife is still laughing at that shit today.
    focusBK Product
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 51,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mob...interesting. Damn that's a lot of movies. They need to revamp Fantastjc 4.

Honestly Xmen First Class>>>>>>>>previous Xmen movies.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think another wave of solos could work. They just have put the heroes against enemies that are smaller in scope. I mean if Iron Man 3 featured the Mandarin as his enemy, he wouldn't need all of the Avengers to handle that and it could still make for a good movie.

I think a smarter way to go would be to have movies for new characters they plan to introduce. For instance, if Black Panther is going to be in the next one, they can give him his own solo. It would be cool if they made a Thanos movie. They could have him collecting the Infinity Gems or something. That would be a really interesting movie if you think about it. You basically would have a villainous protagonist that pretty much has all of the characteristics shown by the heroes and more. Right now, no one but those familiar with comics really have any idea who the purple guy at the end is. If they made a good Thanos movie, it would set up for Avengers 2 nicely.
    BK Product