The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 15,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Mally_G wrote: »
    I have to holla at my homeyboy and see if he got a clear copy for the low

did your copy start with Fury already talking (so who knows how long the movie had already started) and the movie ending before any of the hidden credit scenes?

As always I never wait for the after credit scenes.Anybody got a link?

Thanks.I have faith after seeing the movie that they could make Thanos work.
  • _Jay__Jay_ Posts: 2,666 My Name Is My Name.
    Best superhero flick thus far...

and the Hulk?! Nigga
    VulcanRaven
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they announced the plot of most the movies before ironman 2 was even made you can find it on IGN, only the avengers was the mystery. the only thing that was scraped was the hulk 2. They said it would take 2 movies to tell caps story. Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 movies as the hulk so without him doing his own movie he has to appear in the others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224134p1.html

the order of movies were/are iron man 2, thor, hulk 2, cap 1, avengers, iron man 3, thor 2,cap 2, avengers 2.

also Black Panther may be a no go, before Disney had marvel studio's they sold the rights of : Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi to fox. Disney has been working to get those back and only got iron man, cap, and the avengers back. Fox is unwilling to let x-men go since they had them since the 90's, and they are working on getting black panther back though. They stated in 2009 they want him to get his own movie, along with cable and iron fist.
    also ant-man movie is in production by fox so thats why we didnt see him
  • Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 20,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God damn @ hulk chasing black widow on some horror flick shit.
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 38,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    80 million in one day...damn
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Yroc wrote: »

Gotta disagree here. FIrst off, Hulk shits on everyone else in the movie. All the other characters had scenes here and there that MIGHT have got a reaction out of SOME of the people in the theatre. Hulk had at least two that most definitely got a reaction out of everyone in the theatre.

Second, Thor wasn't really portrayed as weak at all. He and Hulk were basically running through enemies with 0 problem. Hell even the Hulk got bloodied up. Thor on the other hand was able to take out a whole wave of enemies by himself with one attack. I don't see why you would have wanted them to have Thor solo the alien army. That wouldn't have made sense. On top of that, Thor isn't really portrayed like that in the comics anyway. Yeah, in his solo books he may sometimes be shown to be a beast like that, but in the Avengers comics he never takes out major threats all by himself.

ironman/tony starks was a win/win no matter which character was on screen. that boy rdj is a good ass actor. although the hulk had a few good MOMENTS in the film he never really came across as a central character. his fight scenes were more demonstrative and destructive so i can see why he gets so much praise, but compared to the others his screen presence was not as memorable...EXCEPT for in the climax.

i wasn't tryna to imply that i wanted thor to take on the attack dolo, but if hulk could take out one them big ass aliens by himself thor could've too. instead this nicca thor up hiir fightin them lil aliens like caps, hawk, and widow. i'm sayin, if you didn't know who thor was AND he didn't have that lil squab with hulk, i could see somebody thinkin that caps could fuck wit thor.

I'm not sure what you mean. Banner/Hulk was one of the focal points throughout the movie. There was basically a constant rumbling through the first half of the movie centered around Banner and his ability to contain the Hulk, and then when we actually see the Hulk, he pretty much delivered on everything that was expected. I'm not taking away from Ironman. RDJ's Ironman has been the best envisioning of any of the characters, but for me, the highlights of the movie were all Hulk oriented.

As for Thor, I think you missed out on a few things. First, Hulk didn't take out any of those big things by himself. He upended on, but Ironman was the one that actually killed it by launching a missle at an exposed weak spot. If you're going to give Hulk credit for that, then you have to give Thor credit for killing the one where he slammed the metal shard into its brain with his hammer. However, unless I'm mistaken, Thor killed like two of those things and a couple dozen of the smaller aliens by himself with that one attack where he used the building as a lightning rod. That was the most powerful display in the entire movie.

No one in their right mind would come out of there thinking Cap could take Thor. Thor was firing lightning bolts, summoning torandos, taking blows from the Hulk, and smacking Ironman through trees with casual attacks. All of those things were far beyond what Cap could do. Hell, Cap couldn't even lay a hand on Loki, so why would anyone think he could beat Thor?

Mally_G wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Man this shit right here and the part where Hulk casually knocked Thor out of the screen made the movie for me. Everything else could have been wack and I still would have said the movie was good. lol Hell, we saw it yesterday and my wife is still laughing at that shit today.
    focusBK Product
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 42,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mob...interesting. Damn that's a lot of movies. They need to revamp Fantastjc 4.

Honestly Xmen First Class>>>>>>>>previous Xmen movies.
    I think another wave of solos could work. They just have put the heroes against enemies that are smaller in scope. I mean if Iron Man 3 featured the Mandarin as his enemy, he wouldn't need all of the Avengers to handle that and it could still make for a good movie.

I think a smarter way to go would be to have movies for new characters they plan to introduce. For instance, if Black Panther is going to be in the next one, they can give him his own solo. It would be cool if they made a Thanos movie. They could have him collecting the Infinity Gems or something. That would be a really interesting movie if you think about it. You basically would have a villainous protagonist that pretty much has all of the characteristics shown by the heroes and more. Right now, no one but those familiar with comics really have any idea who the purple guy at the end is. If they made a good Thanos movie, it would set up for Avengers 2 nicely.
    BK Product
    INB4 anyone else
  • Allah_U_AkbarAllah_U_Akbar Posts: 8,917 Regulator
    O.K., Player.
  • Allah_U_AkbarAllah_U_Akbar Posts: 8,917 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    Double post.
    also N before the potential move
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justice League >
    silverfoxxAmotekunex-soldier
  • freshb651freshb651 Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's already TWO threads for this
  • freshb651freshb651 Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRDRO wrote: »
    freshb651 wrote: »
    there's already TWO threads for this

WELL MAKE IT 3

lol
    TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON PURPOSE B/C I CAN
    OH AND ALSO, BANNER BASICALLY CAN CONTROL THE HULK NOW.. SHYTS CRAZY

fucc u in here spoiling shit for? some of us had to work this weekend
    AYE THE HULK WAS THE SHYT.. BUT HOW IS IT THAT BANNER COULDNT CONTROL IT WHEN THEY WERE ON THE SHIP BUT WHEN THEY GOT ON EARTH, HE BASICALLY CAN JUST TURN INTO THE HULK WHEN HE WANTS

He didn't really control it so much as he directed it. Remember on the ship, it was the other Avengers that pissed him off and led to him turning to the Hulk. Banner didn't let him out. The Hulk fought his way out in response to what was happening. Against the Chitauri, Banner intentionally let the Hulk out to fight them, so all of the Hulk's rage was directed towards them.
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 32,729 Regulator
    Hawkeye the realest nigga in the movie.

freshb651silverfoxxHarlemThumzUpAmotekun
  • redhandedbanditredhandedbandit Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    illest shit is.............................freeepost
    Smh @ Dro giving away the movie. Any posters after mines better stay out of thread if u haven't seen the movie. This nigga is gonna give away the plot.
    @MRDRO hulk and thor have the same strength level
    MRDRO wrote:
    MOVIE WAS GREAT.. KINDA SLOW AT 1ST BUT IT WAS OVERALL GOOD...

IM NOT GONE SPOIL THE MOVIE BUT.. THE ONLY COMPLAINTS I HAD WAS..

I DONT LIKE HOW THOR WAS HANDLING THE HULK IN THE BEGINING...AFTER YOU SEE THE REST OF THE MOVIE, YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN...

OH AND NOW DR. BANNER CAN TURN INTO THE HULK WHEN EVER HE WANTS.. NIGGA AINT GOT TO EVEN GET MAD.. BUT THE SHYT DONT MAKE SENSE.. AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN ONCE YOU WATCH IT...

OH AND MAKE SURE YALL STAY TILL AFTER THE CREDITS.. YALL KNOW THEY GOT A LIL SUPRISE OF WHO THEY GONE HAVE TO FIGHT IN PART TWO..

Thor wasn't handling the Hulk. It was a pretty even fight, which is really what you'd expect.
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 32,729 Regulator
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    Hawkeye the realest nigga in the movie.

BOY STOP... OLE GIRL WAS BETTER THAN HIM.. HULK WAS THE TRILLEST

Naw fam Hawkeye murked way to many niggas not to have any powers. Making shots while not looking and the Loki shot was trill. Black Widow did one thing in the movie.