The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 45,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo the fight cost $60 ppv how about I end up spending $60@ the bar to watch the fight that had a $10 coverage charge.

lol thats the only reason why we aint go to Hooters to watch it
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Mobile, Agile, Hostile Posts: 54,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defense.

6.1.gif

6.gif

Casuals watching this fight thought Cotto was assaulting money... Just like they thought in the oscar fight and the crowd reacted as such..
    Chef_Taylor
    Cotto's jab was doing work, I think thats the only way someone will beat Floyd is if they can keep the jab going all fight
    IamNumberOne
    Cotto's jab was doing work, I think thats the only way someone will beat Floyd is if they can keep the jab going all fight

ya cotto jab was on point but then again floyd fought his fight.. otherwise hed be reaching.. Cotto always had a great jab.. i remember he knocked down gomez with it

• aneed123aneed123 Posts: 15,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    props I was just about to ask for the post fight vids
  • ghost!ghost! to possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bull6599 wrote: »

B/c Floyd can also lead w/ the left hook. B/c of his orthodox stance it seems more likely that the left could land more quickly than the right so they have to guard against it. Sometimes the way he plants his feet it looks like he's setting up that leaping left hook but he feignts then brings the right. It's just so quick u can't react.

I'm not really talking about the skill from which he throws it, its just a routine punch and he leads with it a lot. How is opps. dont understand that is beyond me, i see it, commentators have spoken about it, why his opps dont know about it is beyond me.

and all is opps eat his punches instead of slipping, its like most pro boxers dont slip anymore, its like they forgot about that fundemental. and going up against Mayweather, that type of defense could save your ass because he's not the type of fighter to be eatting his punches...
    Vader wrote: »
    triple h looked out of place lol

he has accompanied floyd in his last two fights....justin looked out of place, and is "str8 face" look scared nobody! lol
    dwade206
  • WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather defense is unreal that 11th and 12th rounds was masterful. Once the uppercut came into play it was a wrap
    dwade206
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defense.

6.gif

Casuals watching this fight thought Cotto was assaulting money... Just like they thought in the oscar fight and the crowd reacted as such..

WTF you talking about playa? The first GIF you are correct... but this one, his jab hits Mayeather nicely and snaps his head back.

IamNumberOne
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy H.A.E Dark side of the moonPosts: 14,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    triple h looked out of place lol

he has accompanied floyd in his last two fights....justin looked out of place, and is "str8 face" look scared nobody! lol
    yea you right he was with him for the marquez fight also. and when i seen justin im like wtf is going on! nigga looked like he should be doin a remake of happy days
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be$T_1 wrote: »
    like lederman isnt protecting the big money fight the same way he was in the pacman/marquez fight, but everyone was quick to say pacquiao lost that fight on this forum lol

shutup and stop actin like a bitch.....

if Cotto had started winning more rounds and taking control of the fight Lederman would have protected Floyd the same way he did Pacquiao, even tho he was more ridiculous during the pacquiao/marquez fight I could tell Cotto wasnt only up against Floyd but up against the judges too, its didnt matter anyway Floyd won the fight clearly, but the way "some" of you are dickridng Floyd including your faggot ass i'm sure you were agreeing with everything Lederman had to say in this fight but were cussing him out during the Pacquiao fight
    intlhakinfamous114IamNumberOne
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 54,799 Regulator
    i'm not sure what the consensus is right now on this thread, but i'm just glad cotto put hands on floyd, and that it was such a good ass fight....

cotto was in there the entire night, and put up a great effort... floyd just outboxed him over the course of 12 rounds.....

shit really makes me think how manny woulda did had he fought cotto at a healthier weight than 145..... but whatever...
    aneed123 wrote: »

Cotto didnt speak at the press conference?

coco did everything he could possibly do to beat floyd, i mean he had dude against the ropes damn near the whole fight but he still could not get the job done

he should of stuck to that game plan, floyd was allowing me to, he should of kept him there and continued to work on him.

• KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I even admit I was wrong. I thought Cotto was shot would get Gatti'd. Lol

I was wrong.

why do ppl think that? He was undefeated until he got assaulted with loaded gloves (Margarito).

He only has 2 legit losses, and they're to the 2 best boxers. Pacman and Floyd
    IamNumberOne
    I wouldnt call Pacmans win over Cotto legit, making a light middleweight come to 145?

IDK how this nigga been getting away with making people fight at catchweights lol @ him fighting De La Hoya at 147
    DWOIamNumberOne
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 54,799 Regulator
    pacman's catch weight wins definitely deserve an asterix...
    Vader_F_Kennedy
  • Bawse D.LoxBawse D.Lox Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

aneed123 wrote: »

am i the only nigga on earth who appreciate mayweather "boring" style of boxing???

dude technique is an art form.

like that great rapper, who was fat and ugly ass ever, however stayed gucci down 2 da socks said, "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

if my boring style of fighting is racking up the W's . then imma stay fighting boring till i retire.
    Breezy_KilroyVader_F_Kennedy
  • IamNumberOneIamNumberOne Golden Child Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was a great fight... I don't think it was as unanimous as they put it but its politics to get the the Paquiao Mayweather fight... Floyd can get hit with a jab idk why Cotto didn't go to it more often... that's why commentators say he has trouble with left handers cuz he can get hit with the str8 left.. I think it was more like 115-113/116-112 Mayweather I wouldn't mind watching an immediate rematch lol.... I think Cotto would be more involved to sell the fight and they would agree to talk shit to eachother to sell it behind closed doors
    its....JOHN B
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 54,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lil wayne wanna be down with anything thats of the moment ole band wagon ass nigga.

and when the fuck is gamboa gonna fight again nigga is wasting his career away with this long ass layoffs

Mayweather promotion company promoted Wayne's last 2 tours

i thought al haymon did?
    it was a great fight... I don't think it was as unanimous as they put it but its politics to get the the Paquiao Mayweather fight... Floyd can get hit with a jab idk why Cotto didn't go to it more often... that's why commentators say he has trouble with left handers cuz he can get hit with the str8 left.. I think it was more like 115-113/116-112 Mayweather I wouldn't mind watching an immediate rematch lol.... I think Cotto would be more involved to sell the fight and they would agree to talk shit to eachother to sell it behind closed doors
    you gotta be kidding ...

• IamNumberOneIamNumberOne Golden Child Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you gotta be kidding ...

what do you disagree with? the points right? lol the 1st scorecard was more for shock value but other than that a rematch would be cool if the Manny fight doesn't happen at the end of the year cuz seriously who else can give Mayweather a fair run besides those too?
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 54,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn ray j got replaced by justin beiber
    Breezy_KilroyVader_F_Kennedy
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes probably going to fight the winner of the Berto/Ortiz fight