Is Mike Tyson A All Time Great?

JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти!Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,031 Regulator
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
If he is, who has he beat worth mentioning? What accolades does he have that separates him from other greats.

Replies

• In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All time great? No sure. Top 10, yes. He was a beast no doubt. He didn't fight anybody though. He's a pit and he was fighting weiner dogs.
    PanchoYoSanchoWill Munny
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,031 Regulator
    If he fought nobody and beat nobody how is he top 10?
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All time great? No sure. Top 10, yes. He was a beast no doubt. He didn't fight anybody though. He's a pit and he was fighting weiner dogs.

...the fuck are you talking about? If you think he's not an all-time great, how the fuck can you say he's top 10. There's not just ONE all-time great. There's a plethora of them (Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Mayweather, Ali, Robinson, Jack Johnson, etc).

You say the dumbest fucking things b? Dude, what the fuck?!?!?
    Anti_matterKNiGHTSWill Munny
    Well, there arent alot of great boxers period. He is 50-6-2. With 44 knockouts, which is impressive. But he Won WBC Heavyweight Title against Trevor Berbick. Come on son
    Will Munny
    dwade206 wrote: »

...the fuck are you talking about? If you think he's not an all-time great, how the fuck can you say he's top 10. There's not just ONE all-time great. There's a plethora of them (Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Mayweather, Ali, Robinson, Jack Johnson, etc).

You say the dumbest fucking things b? Dude, what the fuck?!?!?

All time great is top 3 imo.
    Will Munny
    Well, there arent alot of great boxers period. He is 50-6-2. With 44 knockouts, which is impressive. But he Won WBC Heavyweight Title against Trevor Berbick. Come on son

Fuck it, I'm done. This kid must be doing this stupid shit on purpose.
    Anti_matter
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,252 Regulator
    son was the youngest champ he atleast has to be top 10
    Anti_matterkacee139PanchoYoSancho
    son was the youngest champ he atleast has to be top 10

...I thought it was Floyd Patterson.
    Why you mad? It's a debate. Instead of catching feelings, tell me why he is an all time great.
    Will Munny
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

You cant blame tyson for whoever has the title....to be the champion you have to beat the champion
    Anti_matterkacee139
  • CockMcStuffinsCockMcStuffins Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can't say heavyweight boxing without thinking of Mike Tyson.....so yeah.
    kacee139
    Why you mad? It's a debate. Instead of catching feelings, tell me why he is an all time great.

...and you still don't get it. I'm not debating whether he's an all-time great or not. I'm discussing your backwards logic.

smh
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,031 Regulator
    The one legend he fought was Holyfield. Holyfield mopped the floor with Tyson. Tyson ducked Holyfield who was the number 1 contender and fought Douglas. He aint want it with Holyfield
    In Your Moms Roomkacee139PanchoYoSancho
    The one legend he fought was Holyfield. Holyfield mopped the floor with Tyson. Tyson ducked Holyfield who was the number 1 contender and fought Douglas. He aint want it with Holyfield

...I never once heard of Tyson ducking Evander.

..never
    kacee139
    He ducked Holyfield back when he fought Buster Douglas. Holyfield was the number 1 contender that time and Tyson knew he couldnt beat Holyfield
    kacee139
    Dude knocking bums out.

Bums.

A great is always defined by his opponents and he beat bums
    In Your Moms Room

how is somebody a top 10 all time but not an all time great....

I already said. You have to be top 3 to be an all time great imo. Tyson isn't top 3.
    Will Munny
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva Dicking down your old lady. Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I already said. You have to be top 3 to be an all time great imo. Tyson isn't top 3.

I understand it's your opinion, BUT boxing has been around far too long and had far too many great boxers to limit all time greats to three. It's pretty asinine to think you can honestly.
    dwade206R.D.MR.CJ
    There are a lot more than 3 all time greats

Ali
    Fraiser
    Louis
    Johnson
    Holyfield
    Foreman
    Dempsey

And so on
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 3,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh@this bum shit. The dudes he fought were top fighters at the time. He suffers from the Roy Jones complex in that he made his competition look weak as fuck.

You can't be a top 10 WORLD ranked boxer and be ass. People make it sound like he was at the Golden Gloves beating up kids.
    RawAce
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if Floyd ain't Top 10, neither is Mike.

Mike killed boxing during the 1980s, but his post-jail shit costed him the Top 10 status.

He's Top 15, tho.
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Smh@this bum shit. The dudes he fought were top fighters at the time. He suffers from the Roy Jones complex in that he made his competition look weak as fuck.

You can't be a top 10 WORLD ranked boxer and be ass. People make it sound like he was at the Golden Gloves beating up kids.

So in that case you're saying roy jones isnt all that great either
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 12,995 Regulator
    white boy post
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,252 Regulator
    Mike had niggas shook to face him
    TheIraq
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 12,995 Regulator

I understand it's your opinion, BUT boxing has been around far too long and had far too many great boxers to limit all time greats to three. It's pretty asinine to think you can honestly.
    he's an idiot LOL

shit you can take three fighters out of one weight class alone

basically, white ppl dont like mike tyson. thats the real reason for his racism ... i mean ... opinion lol

dwade206chi-guy