The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• kzzlkzzl Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Iron man suit is hard. That's my nigga right there. Captain America called his ass out tho.

Lokey tried to play Hulk like he was a bitch and Hulk cut that nigga off mid sentence and Brock lesner F5'ed that nigga 3 quick times, that was the guts!

Who's that hellboy lookin fool at the very end? Look like I seen him before
    Spoiler:
  • clairvoyanceclairvoyance Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it last night went in there with the mind set thinkin it was gonna be corny however surprisingly funny and good. Even at times the jokes came off like a parody(playing galactica)i was still laughing. On top of that the storyline played out well and the action scenes were far from dull to say the least. Imo the best moments were when they fought along side each other(Hulk & Thor/Ironman & cant remember) it was like watching a live action video game. The only scene that was corny was towards thee end when the civilians were on the news showing theyre appreciation, buts thats become the norm or corny trademark for the ending of most marvel movies. Besides that no complaints definitely surpassed by low expections.

That being said I still have the Dark Knight holding the number one spot, Avengers didnt have that same intesity Dark knight had as a whole. Whole time they was fight those skrulls I pretty much felt avengers had ish on lock the whole time and locki was a joke compared to joker arch nemesis wise where as dark knight for the most part wasnt certain or didnt know how batman was gonna come out on top(i think Thanos will change that). And even with all the cool CGI effects its still wasnt touching the first showdown scene between joker & bat's interrogation scene following "imo". Avengers still made my top three hero flicks list.

1.Dark knight
    2. Blade 2
    3. Avengers

I had to cover my eyes when that DKR preview came on I saw Dc comics I already knew. Somebody in the theatre said "Bane" I was thinkin "man I wanna see this" dont no how much longer I can hold out...

TheBossmanfocusAnti_matterMiltown Marauder
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,114
    eyes low wrote: »
    They should put hulk in iron man 3 if they're not gonna make another hulk movie

I think they could put him in Captain America 2 to find more of a storyline with them both.
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Avengers made about 200mil its opening weekend, the GOAT Literally.
    PanchoYoSancho
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $pyda wrote: »
    The Avengers made about 200mil its opening weekend, the GOAT Literally.

Yep, best 3 day weekend opening in history and a staggering $641.8 million here and abroad in the 12 days since its release. They said this was the first time Disney handled the marketing for a Marvel film themselves.

Damn, nobody is ever touching Samuel L. Jackson's record for highest grossing film actor of all-time now.
    Anti_matterPanchoYoSanchoa.mann
  • iron man1iron man1 Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist Avengers TowerPosts: 13,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mark ruffalo will be in iron man 3 at the end they were in the car together an seemed to be cool with eachother when they were meeting
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 21,535 Regulator
    *moving this thread to Lights Camera Action*
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highest opening weekend ever. 200 million.
    MRDRO
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 21,535 Regulator
    Since this topic is what's relevant all around the world, this thread will be stickied untill further notice......
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever fucking year there's like a new highest opening
    Kame
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva DC4L Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRDRO wrote: »
    I ALSO DONT LIKE HOW THOR WAS HANDLIN THE HULK.. LIKE SERIOUSLY.. HOW THE HULK BASICALLY DESTROYED THAT WHOLE DAM ARMY BY HIMSELF, SHYT WAS CRAZY

You better respect the God of Thunder bro, Thor aint no bitch.
    Anti_matterMRDROa.mann
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever fucking year there's like a new highest opening
    Holy shit, just got the call from my boy who tracks box office. It's Official. AVENGERS MADE 80 MILLION OPENING DAY. This may break the opening week record and do better than "The Dark Knight". It's already being reported shows are selling out rapidly this morning all over the country.

Called it, Opening weekend Record Smashed. But to be fair, it did it with 3D ticket inflation. The Dark Knight still sold more tickets opening weekend. But this thing is grossing no less than 400 Million so it will be a Top 10 All Time grossing movie ever. If you adjust for inflation it's based on actually ticket sold. Again in this era prices for movies are through the roof. But you can't even hate, The Avengers hit every demo possible this weekend and it deserved it, great film and a REAL Comic Book Movie. The Dark Knight Rises is in trouble for winning the summer now and nobody thought that going in.

• rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITS AMAZIN THAT THIS MOVIE DID WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN ALL OF THE XMEN MOVIES COMBINED

In my view this was hands down probably the Best Marvel film. Only Iron Man 1, Spidey 2 and Blade are seeing it in my opinion. Yes it's better than all the X-men movies especially when you are talking about incorporating more than one hero.
    Anti_mattera.mann
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Silver Surfer would son all them fools.

I'm still salty about how they did him in that Fantastic Four movie.

Thor would body him with the quickness. He is the strongest on the team. Then Hulk. But it could be a toss up on any given day.
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great movie
  • TheBossmanTheBossman Selling Candy Getting Money Making the Greenbax. Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_m3mivmCeGc1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

the hulk was THAT DUDE
    a.mann
  • clairvoyanceclairvoyance Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler:

I like how they pretty much tried to stayed true to HULK's character being unpredictable. [spoilder]He had his fist balled up when ironman was unconscious[/spoiler]
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    kzzl wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Iron man suit is hard. That's my nigga right there. Captain America called his ass out tho.

Lokey tried to play Hulk like he was a bitch and Hulk cut that nigga off mid sentence and Brock lesner F5'ed that nigga 3 quick times, that was the guts!

Who's that hellboy lookin fool at the very end? Look like I seen him before
    Spoiler:

I was hoping they'd use his newer costume, but I guess the iconic one is more fitting.

287781-113882-thanos.jpg

Thanos makes the perfect villain though. He'll basically have Tony's wit and Hulk's power. If they pull him off right, he should be one of the great movie villains.

Oh and then there is this...

739941-440938_strength5dh3_super_super.jpg
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the gns thread get combined here? Must be because alot of questions seemed to have been asked more than once
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are reporting the avengers will break the billi mark...damn....
  • joseph sunjoseph sun Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im glad they didnt make captain america overly important, even though they arent creative at showing what makes him a super soldier.
  • TheBossmanTheBossman Selling Candy Getting Money Making the Greenbax. Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joseph sun wrote: »
    im glad they didnt make captain america overly important, even though they arent creative at showing what makes him a super soldier.
    they showed more of his leadership skills, but i agree more of an backstory on him would of been good. everyone got a mini backstory just to remind people who they are, but more of capt. america's history would of been great to see.
  • ghost!ghost! to possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    tumblr_m3mivmCeGc1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

the hulk was THAT DUDE

ha ha yes he was...how about the scene where
    Spoiler:
    everyone in the theater was dying laughin....

good f8king moving...DC slipping...they sitting on "the super friends" while Marvel taken over the box office.
    a.mannAnti_matter
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I ALSO DONT LIKE HOW THOR WAS HANDLIN THE HULK.. LIKE SERIOUSLY.. HOW THE HULK BASICALLY DESTROYED THAT WHOLE DAM ARMY BY HIMSELF, SHYT WAS CRAZY

You better respect the God of Thunder bro, Thor aint no bitch.

NAW HE ANT NO BITCH, BUT HE AINT FUCKIN WITH HULK IN STRENGTH.. SPECIALLY WHEN LOKI WAS ALMOST BEATIN THORS ASS BUT THE HULK JUST RAG DOLLS LOKI

Thor has always hold back
    when he fights his brother, they made that pretty clear in his movie and this one
  • SunsetflipSunsetflip Posts: 14
    Avengers 2, keep it on earth! Big fan of Thanos as a villain but for the sequel a space war could hurt. Right now add Ant-man, Black Panther, maybe Miss Marvel to the line up, but keep the main fighting set on Earth, I trust Joss to do a good job with any story, but no one wants a giant space battle between guys who belong on earth.