The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kame wrote: »
    peagle05 wrote: »
    i saw that shit today...hulk was on that g shit. when he walked off after slamming loki around i was dying

lol I was laughin at this... as well as dude playing that space game on the shield ship

lmao I forgot about that scene
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooooooooo can we all say now that Avengers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. TDK for best CBM ever????
    CitySojourneryoung chadaf.r.i.c.a.BK ProductMAKAVELI25
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 50,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its way too early for Thanos , they gonna fail if they try to make that the sequel. A character like Thanos deserves a better build up

focusinfamous114rageBK Product
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .......which is probably what they'll do with the other movies in btw the sequel
    young chadBK Product
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its way too early for Thanos , they gonna fail if they try to make that the sequel. A character like Thanos deserves a better build up

I see what your saying, but maybe they will build him up through spinoof films ( Ironman 3, Cap 2, Thor 2,) because it will work like that.

BK Product
    edited May 2012
    I think another wave of solos could work. They just have put the heroes against enemies that are smaller in scope. I mean if Iron Man 3 featured the Mandarin as his enemy, he wouldn't need all of the Avengers to handle that and it could still make for a good movie.

I think a smarter way to go would be to have movies for new characters they plan to introduce. For instance, if Black Panther is going to be in the next one, they can give him his own solo. It would be cool if they made a Thanos movie. They could have him collecting the Infinity Gems or something. That would be a really interesting movie if you think about it. You basically would have a villainous protagonist that pretty much has all of the characteristics shown by the heroes and more. Right now, no one but those familiar with comics really have any idea who the purple guy at the end is. If they made a good Thanos movie, it would set up for Avengers 2 nicely.

Yea I think for Thanos to work he would need his own movie. I doubt Iron Man or Cap would be on his radar and I think the Deadpool movie is under Sony and not Disney. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie could introduce Thanos.

Dr Doom would make a good Avengers 2 villain unless he counts as Fantastic Four
  • blackkevblaziniblackkevblazini Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the extremely badass way they revealed Thanos, plus the fact that it's a black dude playing him I can forgive the way they totally FUCKED UP Galactus by turning him into a got damn raincloud in Fantastic 4.

One of the most GANGSTA villians in Marvel history and they turned him into a FUCKING CLOUD.
  • peagle05peagle05 Posts: 25,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was the first movie in a while i can say was completely worth going to see in the theaters
    Anti_matterIceBergTaylorinfamous114af.r.i.c.a.
  • ghost!ghost! To possess, haunt and conquer. lurking in the shadows....Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    tumblr_m3mivmCeGc1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

the hulk was THAT DUDE

ha ha yes he was...how about the scene where
    him and thor stood right next to each other, and hulk punch him right not the scene like...i didnt forget n*g we still got beef
    everyone in the theater was dying laughin....

good f8king moving...DC slipping...they sitting on "the super friends" while Marvel taken over the box office.

actually hulk was giving dude a dap but cot damn he's strong

Na...he punched him...his fists were clinched together...they FINALLY DID THE HULK right. Took em 3 movies to do it, and i notice how the transformation of Tony starks from the first Ironman to now avengers how he now sounds and accepts his role as a superhero...they Ironman movies he didnt sound like a "superhero" yet when he spoke,in avengers he finally did. Great character development.
    BK Product
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MobTown wrote: »
    they announced the plot of most the movies before ironman 2 was even made you can find it on IGN, only the avengers was the mystery. the only thing that was scraped was the hulk 2. They said it would take 2 movies to tell caps story. Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 movies as the hulk so without him doing his own movie he has to appear in the others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224134p1.html

the order of movies were/are iron man 2, thor, hulk 2, cap 1, avengers, iron man 3, thor 2,cap 2, avengers 2.

also Black Panther may be a no go, before Disney had marvel studio's they sold the rights of : Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi to fox. Disney has been working to get those back and only got iron man, cap, and the avengers back. Fox is unwilling to let x-men go since they had them since the 90's, and they are working on getting black panther back though. They stated in 2009 they want him to get his own movie, along with cable and iron fist.

re quote for informational trillness, Recently Disney offered Fox 4 Billion in hopes of getting FF4 + Black panther back...im pretty sure fox said no...but disney money is long they will get all their rights back under one roof
    With the extremely badass way they revealed Thanos, plus the fact that it's a black dude playing him I can forgive the way they totally FUCKED UP Galactus by turning him into a got damn raincloud in Fantastic 4.

One of the most GANGSTA villians in Marvel history and they turned him into a FUCKING CLOUD.

lol thats what Im saying, I want Thanos done right not like Galactus and Silver Surfer were in F4
    they announced the plot of most the movies before ironman 2 was even made you can find it on IGN, only the avengers was the mystery. the only thing that was scraped was the hulk 2. They said it would take 2 movies to tell caps story. Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 movies as the hulk so without him doing his own movie he has to appear in the others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224134p1.html

the order of movies were/are iron man 2, thor, hulk 2, cap 1, avengers, iron man 3, thor 2,cap 2, avengers 2.

also Black Panther may be a no go, before Disney had marvel studio's they sold the rights of : Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi to fox. Disney has been working to get those back and only got iron man, cap, and the avengers back. Fox is unwilling to let x-men go since they had them since the 90's, and they are working on getting black panther back though. They stated in 2009 they want him to get his own movie, along with cable and iron fist.

re quote for informational trillness, Recently Disney offered Fox 4 Billion in hopes of getting FF4 + Black panther back...im pretty sure fox said no...but disney money is long they will get all their rights back under one roof

Sony aint letting Spiderman and Wolverine/X Men go. I dont think they gonna be joining the Avengers anytime soon either.

Is Deadpool owned by anyone? I doubt Disney would make his movie rated R like its supposed to be
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I think for Thanos to work he would need his own movie. I doubt Iron Man or Cap would be on his radar. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie could introduce Thanos.

Thanos is an Iron Man villian. He originated in Iron Man comics.

Doom and Silver Surfer both originated in Fantastic Four, so only FOX can use them. The contracts between Marvel, Fox and Sony are all about where the characters originated. That determines the rights.
    TheBossman
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Thanos a little too powerful for an avengers movie though ?
    focus wrote: »
    Yea I think for Thanos to work he would need his own movie. I doubt Iron Man or Cap would be on his radar. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie could introduce Thanos.

Doom and Silver Surfer both originated in Fantastic Four, so only FOX can use them. The contracts between Marvel, Fox and Sony are all about where the characters originated. That determines the rights.

His appearance in Iron Man was a robot. He sent his goons to earth . Would be a pretty lame story line to use in the movie.

My guess is they have have him come after the cosmic cube or tesseract or w/e they call it it in the movie since he can absorb cosmic energy. They would have to introduce Adam Warlock in one of the upcoming movies
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, i didn't know that.
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've heard too many (or anyone, actually) say its the GOAT film, or that its the best action film since whatever else...IMO, its a great film because it knows what its audience wants...Then gives it to them...You need to think, there are 6 heroes in the movie (7, if Fury is included) all with their own history and characters...To get them all into a single movie, without it seeming like the unorganised jumble that was X3 was a feat of its own...

@CitySOjourner, I kno' how you feel..I studied cinema for a year too...Sometimes you've just gotta judge something by what it is...

DK > First Class/Spiderman 2 > Avengers/Blade

SHUT THE FUCK UP
    TheBossmanA.J. TrillzynskiCitySojournerMiltown Marauder
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 14,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've heard too many (or anyone, actually) say its the GOAT film, or that its the best action film since whatever else...IMO, its a great film because it knows what its audience wants...Then gives it to them...You need to think, there are 6 heroes in the movie (7, if Fury is included) all with their own history and characters...To get them all into a single movie, without it seeming like the unorganised jumble that was X3 was a feat of its own...

@CitySOjourner, I kno' how you feel..I studied cinema for a year too...Sometimes you've just gotta judge something by what it is...

SHUT THE FUCK UP

DK imo is better than Blade and First Class eaisly First Class was terrible I liked Blade shit was dope but no where close to DK.... Spiderman 2 is veryclose but I prefer DK over it. IDK yet bout Avengers havent seen it.
    edited May 2012
    major pain wrote: »
    they finna milk the SHIT outta this franchise.. there might be 5 movies before we get A2

you think their gonna make a couple movies for some new hero's under the marvel umbrella? they already established wolverine and spider man. how about a reboot on daredevil, or dr doom? silver surfer?

You understand movie rights?

Marvel didn't make that movie bro
    TheBossmanCitySojourner
    edited May 2012
    silverfoxx wrote: »

I see what your saying, but maybe they will build him up through spinoof films ( Ironman 3, Cap 2, Thor 2,) because it will work like that.

That is where it looks like. Thanos looks to be the tie-in like the Cosmic Cube was in the prior movies. There are already rumors of Thanos showing up on Asgard in Thor two, they could just be rumors though.

Which is why we did not get The Skrulls here
    nujerz84 wrote: »

SHUT THE FUCK UP

DK imo is better than Blade and First Class eaisly First Class was terrible I liked Blade shit was dope but no where close to DK.... Spiderman 2 is veryclose but I prefer DK over it. IDK yet bout Avengers havent seen it.

The Avengers is easily the best Marval adaptation on film ever and Batman is my favorite character,but The Avengers is far more entertaining. None of those Spiderman movies were good at all. I really want to see Marvel do those films as well as the Fantastic Four and X-Men films. I trust Marvel to get it right where Sony and Fox have sucked dick in making all of those movies. First Class was good and they are rebooting Fantastic Four, so I doubt they are going to sell Marvel the rights back. That sucks because Dr.Doom would make the perfect villain in a third Avengers movie. They are recasting the Fantastic Four, which is why they were able to cast Chris Evans as Captain America. The first two Blade movies are great and were the best Marval adaptations until Iron Man came out. How they managed to ruin The Fantastic Four, Dr.Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus in one attempt is baffling.

DC needs to sign whoever they get as Flash, Superman, Batman to agree to a Justice League movie. bale is done as Batman and turned down the Justice League movie in 05. WB will bring the franchise back and hopefully it is not ruined.
    a.mannyoung chadMAKAVELI25CitySojournerMiltown Marauder
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 21,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, you know what would have been epic? Think about how they built the Avengers. The took the individual heroes their own movies for development, loosely tied them together to foreshadow something bigger, and then made the Avengers movie. I think it's safe to say that was a success. Now what if they had all of their properties under the Marvel umbrella. What if we got Marvel Fantastic 4, Spiderman, X-men, Dr Strange, etc... movies which were all tied together in the same manner and then connected in a bigger way via Avengers 2 which was a setup for something like an Infinity Gauntlet movie with Thanos as the villain and featuring all the Marvel movie properties. That would have been some crazy shit if they pulled it off. Can you imagine what the final battle of that movie would have been like?
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 10,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    too convoluted
    Man, you know what would have been epic? Think about how they built the Avengers. The took the individual heroes their own movies for development, loosely tied them together to foreshadow something bigger, and then made the Avengers movie. I think it's safe to say that was a success. Now what if they had all of their properties under the Marvel umbrella. What if we got Marvel Fantastic 4, Spiderman, X-men, Dr Strange, etc... movies which were all tied together in the same manner and then connected in a bigger way via Avengers 2 which was a setup for something like an Infinity Gauntlet movie with Thanos as the villain and featuring all the Marvel movie properties. That would have been some crazy shit if they pulled it off. Can you imagine what the final battle of that movie would have been like?

I think the Dr Strange movie is confirmed to be coming, they might get his movie out so he can join the Avengers too

Part of the reason I dont want to see Thanos in Avengers because I know it wont be done right. Thanos took on the WHOLE Marvel universe by himself
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanna read this thread but cant yet... I fail!!