The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• Melanin_Enriched Melanin_Enriched Your favorite basketball-american gentleman Posts: 20,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    tumblr_m3mivmCeGc1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

the hulk was THAT DUDE

ha ha yes he was...how about the scene where
    Spoiler:
    everyone in the theater was dying laughin....

good f8king moving...DC slipping...they sitting on "the super friends" while Marvel taken over the box office.

actually hulk was giving dude a dap but cot damn he's strong
    CitySojourner
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 42,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw it again last nite. By far top 5 summer movies I've ever seen.
    a.mann
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,114
    Captain Americ
    joseph sun wrote: »
    im glad they didnt make captain america overly important, even though they arent creative at showing what makes him a super soldier.

I kind of disagree...Captain America's scenes are being underrated because of the Hulk, but there are times when he shows his amazing ability. The part where he jumps from deck to deck on the SHEILD plane trying to maintain his balance. Or towards the end when he jumps in that building to save the civilians, and the alien threw that grenade, that little acrobatic move he made, using his sheild as a reflector was pretty cool.

Not to mention bodying Loki a couple times before Iron Man shows up at that German terrace.
    a.mannyoung chadBK Product
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    MobTown wrote: »
    they are reporting the avengers will break the billi mark...damn....

Please, This thing Hitting A Billion before the week over. It just had a 207.4 Million Opening Weekend. I'm sorry but The Dark Knight Rises probably won't make that opening weekend so Avengers will win the summer which nobody predicted. This movie is headed for Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Avatar and Titanic Status. It could very well be at 1.5.-1.7 Billion before it's over. Look at it's opening weekend gross:

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $207,438,708 31.7%
    + Foreign: $447,400,000 68.3%
    = Worldwide: $654,838,708

As for the movie, I think i'm seeing it again with friends this weekend cause after I hyped it to them, it was sold out everywhere. SMH @ people not buying tickets before they go. I saw so many people trying to get tickets but it was sold out on Friday night.
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as who was the best, who had the most shine. If you watch it, Josh did a great job giving EVERYONE shine. Sure everyone is talking about the Hulk cause he's so powerful but if you look at it, everyone did a great job. Captain was the leader just like the comics. RDJ/Ironman was great. Hulk just bodied everything. Thor and Loki relationship picked up right were they left off. Evil-Hawkeye story was dope. Even SHIELD, Sam killed it as well as Scarlett. Even Sam's Assistant had a nice little role. Overall again it was a very well BALANCED movie and I'm not shocked by it's success cause it was really the PERFECT Summer Blockbuster, hit all the right notes. But like I said, they did kinda Bite Transformers 3 with the city/aliens/portal thing but instead of just robots coming down, it done way better in the Avengers, everyone had a role.
  • peagle05peagle05 The People's Mod Posts: 25,041 Regulator
    i saw that shit today...hulk was on that g shit. when he walked off after slamming loki around i was dying
    Craig Robinson
  • KameKame Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peagle05 wrote: »
    i saw that shit today...hulk was on that g shit. when he walked off after slamming loki around i was dying

lol I was laughin at this... as well as dude playing that space game on the shield ship
    silverfoxx
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they finna milk the SHIT outta this franchise.. there might be 5 movies before we get A2
  • TheBossmanTheBossman The Voice of Mandela Posts: 16,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    major pain wrote: »
    they finna milk the SHIT outta this franchise.. there might be 5 movies before we get A2

you think their gonna make a couple movies for some new hero's under the marvel umbrella? they already established wolverine and spider man. how about a reboot on daredevil, or dr doom? silver surfer?
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kame wrote: »
    peagle05 wrote: »

lol I was laughin at this... as well as dude playing that space game on the shield ship

lmao I forgot about that scene
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooooooooooo can we all say now that Avengers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. TDK for best CBM ever????
    CitySojourneryoung chadaf.r.i.c.a.BK ProductMAKAVELI25
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 44,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its way too early for Thanos , they gonna fail if they try to make that the sequel. A character like Thanos deserves a better build up

focusinfamous114rageBK Product
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .......which is probably what they'll do with the other movies in btw the sequel
    young chadBK Product
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its way too early for Thanos , they gonna fail if they try to make that the sequel. A character like Thanos deserves a better build up

I see what your saying, but maybe they will build him up through spinoof films ( Ironman 3, Cap 2, Thor 2,) because it will work like that.

BK Product
    edited May 2012
    I think another wave of solos could work. They just have put the heroes against enemies that are smaller in scope. I mean if Iron Man 3 featured the Mandarin as his enemy, he wouldn't need all of the Avengers to handle that and it could still make for a good movie.

I think a smarter way to go would be to have movies for new characters they plan to introduce. For instance, if Black Panther is going to be in the next one, they can give him his own solo. It would be cool if they made a Thanos movie. They could have him collecting the Infinity Gems or something. That would be a really interesting movie if you think about it. You basically would have a villainous protagonist that pretty much has all of the characteristics shown by the heroes and more. Right now, no one but those familiar with comics really have any idea who the purple guy at the end is. If they made a good Thanos movie, it would set up for Avengers 2 nicely.

Yea I think for Thanos to work he would need his own movie. I doubt Iron Man or Cap would be on his radar and I think the Deadpool movie is under Sony and not Disney. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie could introduce Thanos.

Dr Doom would make a good Avengers 2 villain unless he counts as Fantastic Four
  • blackkevblaziniblackkevblazini Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the extremely badass way they revealed Thanos, plus the fact that it's a black dude playing him I can forgive the way they totally FUCKED UP Galactus by turning him into a got damn raincloud in Fantastic 4.

One of the most GANGSTA villians in Marvel history and they turned him into a FUCKING CLOUD.
  • peagle05peagle05 The People's Mod Posts: 25,041 Regulator
    this was the first movie in a while i can say was completely worth going to see in the theaters
    Anti_matterIceBergTaylorinfamous114af.r.i.c.a.
  • ghost!ghost! to possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    tumblr_m3mivmCeGc1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

the hulk was THAT DUDE

ha ha yes he was...how about the scene where
    Spoiler:
    everyone in the theater was dying laughin....

good f8king moving...DC slipping...they sitting on "the super friends" while Marvel taken over the box office.

actually hulk was giving dude a dap but cot damn he's strong

Na...he punched him...his fists were clinched together...they FINALLY DID THE HULK right. Took em 3 movies to do it, and i notice how the transformation of Tony starks from the first Ironman to now avengers how he now sounds and accepts his role as a superhero...they Ironman movies he didnt sound like a "superhero" yet when he spoke,in avengers he finally did. Great character development.
    BK Product
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they announced the plot of most the movies before ironman 2 was even made you can find it on IGN, only the avengers was the mystery. the only thing that was scraped was the hulk 2. They said it would take 2 movies to tell caps story. Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 movies as the hulk so without him doing his own movie he has to appear in the others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224134p1.html

the order of movies were/are iron man 2, thor, hulk 2, cap 1, avengers, iron man 3, thor 2,cap 2, avengers 2.

also Black Panther may be a no go, before Disney had marvel studio's they sold the rights of : Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi to fox. Disney has been working to get those back and only got iron man, cap, and the avengers back. Fox is unwilling to let x-men go since they had them since the 90's, and they are working on getting black panther back though. They stated in 2009 they want him to get his own movie, along with cable and iron fist.

re quote for informational trillness, Recently Disney offered Fox 4 Billion in hopes of getting FF4 + Black panther back...im pretty sure fox said no...but disney money is long they will get all their rights back under one roof
    With the extremely badass way they revealed Thanos, plus the fact that it's a black dude playing him I can forgive the way they totally FUCKED UP Galactus by turning him into a got damn raincloud in Fantastic 4.

One of the most GANGSTA villians in Marvel history and they turned him into a FUCKING CLOUD.

lol thats what Im saying, I want Thanos done right not like Galactus and Silver Surfer were in F4
    they announced the plot of most the movies before ironman 2 was even made you can find it on IGN, only the avengers was the mystery. the only thing that was scraped was the hulk 2. They said it would take 2 movies to tell caps story. Mark Ruffalo is signed up for 6 movies as the hulk so without him doing his own movie he has to appear in the others.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224134p1.html

the order of movies were/are iron man 2, thor, hulk 2, cap 1, avengers, iron man 3, thor 2,cap 2, avengers 2.

also Black Panther may be a no go, before Disney had marvel studio's they sold the rights of : Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi to fox. Disney has been working to get those back and only got iron man, cap, and the avengers back. Fox is unwilling to let x-men go since they had them since the 90's, and they are working on getting black panther back though. They stated in 2009 they want him to get his own movie, along with cable and iron fist.

re quote for informational trillness, Recently Disney offered Fox 4 Billion in hopes of getting FF4 + Black panther back...im pretty sure fox said no...but disney money is long they will get all their rights back under one roof

Sony aint letting Spiderman and Wolverine/X Men go. I dont think they gonna be joining the Avengers anytime soon either.

Is Deadpool owned by anyone? I doubt Disney would make his movie rated R like its supposed to be
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I think for Thanos to work he would need his own movie. I doubt Iron Man or Cap would be on his radar. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie could introduce Thanos.

Thanos is an Iron Man villian. He originated in Iron Man comics.

Doom and Silver Surfer both originated in Fantastic Four, so only FOX can use them. The contracts between Marvel, Fox and Sony are all about where the characters originated. That determines the rights.
    TheBossman
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Thanos a little too powerful for an avengers movie though ?
    focus wrote: »
    Yea I think for Thanos to work he would need his own movie. I doubt Iron Man or Cap would be on his radar. Maybe a Silver Surfer movie could introduce Thanos.

Thanos is an Iron Man villian. He originated in Iron Man comics.

Doom and Silver Surfer both originated in Fantastic Four, so only FOX can use them. The contracts between Marvel, Fox and Sony are all about where the characters originated. That determines the rights.

His appearance in Iron Man was a robot. He sent his goons to earth . Would be a pretty lame story line to use in the movie.

My guess is they have have him come after the cosmic cube or tesseract or w/e they call it it in the movie since he can absorb cosmic energy. They would have to introduce Adam Warlock in one of the upcoming movies