you think money mayweather is gonna end up like tyson/t.O...future broke athlete??

2nd chances2nd chances Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
would you feel sorry for him if he does???

Replies

• VIBEVIBE Posts: 40,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's too smart to end up broke.
    gnsbuttuh_bmomanpr100iKingGodGivBiz
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I doubt it. It already seems like he gets more per fight, and is more choosy about who he fights.

I can kind of see him losing money in a divorce like Tyson though. These chicks are grimey.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not at all he's too smart if he does then that's on him. Tyson has bounced back. To did it to himself put a condom on. Floyd does seem to be a somewhat of a responsible parent and isn't saddled with that baggage TO is.
    KINGOFDAARCADE
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 26,576 Regulator
    I dont feel sorry any nigga stupid enough to fuck over all that money
    BK ProductKINGOFDAARCADEthemadlionsfan
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 47,438 Regulator
    Tyson has bounced back in almost record time.
    as long as may avoids them don king type deals he'll be fine. Plus may got a hell of a lot more book Smarts then Tyson, so the comparison isn't even level.
    BK Product
  • The ProdigalsonThe Prodigalson Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between them is tyson and TO played caused the had too. They were broke towards the end of their careers while Floyd fight cause he want to. He doesn't need the money but there is no such thing as enough money.
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    He's too smart to end up broke.

agreed... long as he dont get married and divorced or catch some crazy lawsuit he good.
  • powerman 5000powerman 5000 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, floyd knows the game. When jay-z said " I'm not a business man; i'm a business, man." floyd had his pencil and paper ready and took notes.
    BK ProductNothingButTheTruth
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Floyd is a jackass, but he does seem to be about his money. I don't think he will be swindled out of it so easily like Mike, and he doesn't have 10 child support payments and 7 unused houses like TO.
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 52,031 Regulator
    wrong forum, and who knows... he might have an investment team that he just doesn't talks about...

look at the company he keeps....
  • illedoutilledout Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw couldnt see that happening to Floyd..
    he too smart for that..
    MRDRO wrote: »
    as long as may avoids them don king type deals he'll be fine. Plus may got a hell of a lot more book Smarts then Tyson, so the comparison isn't even level.

WHAT U MEAN BOUNCED BACK.. THAT NIGGA AINT GOT NO MONEY

the nigga may not have bronze samurais in his doorway but he still doing good.
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    co sign everything in this thread
  • WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude made 32 million plus PPV so he atleast saw almost 50 million. U know his bread long when he can wire 40 million into Manny account in 48 hours. He a smart dude. Plus he got 50 on his team who love or hate him is a smart businessman his self
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭
    He may end up broke despite his earnings. Floyd is clearly not a humble man, so when he stops fighting and can't depend on an extra 20+ million a year, will he be able to simplify his lifestyle? I dunno. Someone who nicknames himself money and carries around bags with $1 million in em, may not want to tone it down. Hope he doesn't end up broke though, it's a shame how many of these athletes do.
    Shizlansky
  • Bawse D.LoxBawse D.Lox Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    the only thing that tyson have in common with Mayweather, is that they're both black, and are both boxers

@ bowroyalty what the fuck do being humble got to do with managing money???

and after Mayweather retires from boxing, he will be working full time in Mayweathers promotion, in which he's the ceo.
    since 07' money mayweather have been managing and promoting himself, and since then Mayweather has appeared in the three biggest non-heavyweight pay-per-view events in the sport’s history

Tyson didn't manage himself
    Tyson didn't promote himself.
    Tyson never cut his own check.
    Tyson never got 100%

if Tyson don't got no money then what do you have????????????????????????????????

gman82gnsilledout
  • twizza 77twizza 77 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floyd is also a good gambler too. Nah, I don't think he'll go broke.
  • HypernovaHypernova Posts: 1,227
    it's a possibility

but I don't think he's that naive.
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    He does have a promotion company right?

And he seems like the type to employ several people and watch his money work.

IDK why this question is being asked.

And no I wouldn't feel sorry.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 52,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Nah.. Tyson was never his own boss.. and Floyd has a good team around him meaning.. Al Haymon and Schaefer.and has his good business acumen himself
  • bull6599bull6599 Posts: 6,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/index.php?url=http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-floyd-mayweather-jr-reveals-bomb-squad--52694

I doubt it. Floyd is seemingly trying to step up his promo game for after he hangs em up. If he can get these guys to really kick off his company we could some big things from Mayweather Promotions.
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭
    the only thing that tyson have in common with Mayweather, is that they're both black, and are both boxers

@ bowroyalty what the fuck do being humble got to do with managing money???

and after Mayweather retires from boxing, he will be working full time in Mayweathers promotion, in which he's the ceo.
    since 07' money mayweather have been managing and promoting himself, and since then Mayweather has appeared in the three biggest non-heavyweight pay-per-view events in the sport’s history

Tyson didn't manage himself
    Tyson didn't promote himself.
    Tyson never cut his own check.
    Tyson never got 100%

if Tyson don't got no money then what do you have????????????????????????????????

Being humble has plenty to do with money. Floyd wants it to be real known that he has money. To do that you get jewelry, buy cars, spend like it doesn't matter, etc. Takes a certain amount of humility to be like "Alright, it's time to tone it down a bit cuz my money flow is different now."
    IamNumberOne
  • getchamoneyrighgetchamoneyrigh Posts: 503
    There is a lot of people on here that roll in that Floyd butter. First, Floyd has an entourage of about 20 people, 5 bodyguards that guard his bentley or rolls whatever hes driving that day. Has a ton of unpaid bills and is sued countless times. The debtors end up getting their money but not from Floyd, they get it from Goldenboy. Who paid his tax bill? Goldenboy. The dude does not even know how much money he has. People also forget that taxes are takin away from that 32-50 mill. So lets say he made 40, well now take out 40% for taxes minus the promotional and training costs. Lets not forget to mention his advances from Goldenboy that pay all his bills for him. I think it will take awhile but if the dude is still fighting when hes 40 you know whats up and it is going to be a slow decline after that.
    The biggest difference between the three is that Mayweather has some measurable level of education.

That in and of itself sets him apart from the rest.
    Plus he isn't a one trick pony, he can have a career after boxing.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,740 Regulator
    cant see money going broke