Yo... WTF happened to Jay Electronica?

trACE_evidencetrACE_evidence Posts: 993 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
That nigga fell off the face of the earth.

Replies

• JungzJungz Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigga makin New Balance commercials..... Stuttering all through that shit.
    NothingButTheTruthCashmoneyDux
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    according to him he turned in his album a little over a month ago, Quest Love said it's true and Roc Nation is trying to find a single for him.

I still think he needs to release a mixtape or do some remixes to get his name out there before dropping his album.
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think that nigga died
    CashmoneyDuxThe-Jerkdontdiedontkillanyon
  • OceanStateOceanState Posts: 203
    you could make this thread every couple months...dude is like a groundhog poppin up then gettin scared of his own shadow and crawlin back into his london borough
    CashmoneyDuxIgot5onitSleepzz716
  • AggyAFAggyAF Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he moved to London
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was just a thread on this like 2 days ago lol.
    soul rattler
  • trACE_evidencetrACE_evidence Posts: 993 ✭✭✭
    OceanState wrote: »
    you could make this thread every couple months...dude is like a groundhog poppin up then gettin scared of his own shadow and crawlin back into his london borough

LOL..

Wonder why he's like that?
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    according to him he turned in his album a little over a month ago, Quest Love said it's true and Roc Nation is trying to find a single for him.

I still think he needs to release a mixtape or do some remixes to get his name out there before dropping his album.

Word...

I think just about all of his buzz done died out. He gotta drop an ill ass single to get that momentum going again. Either way I'll probably fuck wit it.

• blackdemoblackdemo Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Bout time u admitted that man
    BlackAX410
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 14,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He ain't wack

LOL
    juan travoltapop dukeCashmoneyDuxsoul rattler
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    out in london crafting a masterpiece
    i'm more concerned that Just Blaze isn't really involved in the project. I swear to god production better that fail this album Nas style, but i'm sure NO ID probably laced him with fire.
    juan travoltapop dukebuttuh_b
  • KeepinItHundredKeepinItHundred Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    i'm more concerned that Just Blaze isn't really involved in the project. I swear to god production better that fail this album Nas style, but i'm sure NO ID probably laced him with fire.

how can it fail if it never drops? lol
  • juan travoltajuan travolta Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its coming out when detox does.
    minninEasyLife
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 27,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rap fans are fickle as fuck. Jay Electronica signed 2 years ago and people are giving him shit about his album. Do you know how long it took Nas to release Illmatic post LIVE AT THE BBQ (3-4 years), it took Jay-z about 3 years to make Reasonable Doubt, Snoop 3 years to drop Doggystyle,etc.

Point being, let the nigga cook up his debut album the proper way. No wonder why we barely get classic albums anymore.

ima have to No-sign those other rappers was at least droppin guest verses on tracks from time to time nd there's no way in hell Jay Elect is havin close to a classic like those 3 albums u named
    pop duke
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rap fans are fickle as fuck. Jay Electronica signed 2 years ago and people are giving him shit about his album. Do you know how long it took Nas to release Illmatic post LIVE AT THE BBQ (3-4 years), it took Jay-z about 3 years to make Reasonable Doubt, Snoop 3 years to drop Doggystyle,etc.

Point being, let the nigga cook up his debut album the proper way. No wonder why we barely get classic albums anymore.

nas never went a decade with only 4 or 5 songs ever being released. Nas was young and between 94 and 04 had a solid career with quality shit. Jay E old as fuck and still doesn't have an album. Nigga averages 1 song a year and that song is 3 minutes long with a 2 min intro and shit. Roc nation and or jay e need to figure shit out with a mixtape or promo songs.
    Already Home_17pop duke
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,164 Regulator
    @usmarin3 i agree 100% these cats are used to rappers dropping mixtapes every other week, they dilute their mixtapes so by the time the album drops the shit is wack. i like the approach jay electronica is taking by not releasing too much music. i do think he needs to get on a few tracks with other rappers maybe link up with khalid or even get on that nas album.
    usmarin3CashmoneyDux
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Reppin' The 631 Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he chillin with papoose
    pop dukeminninCashmoneyDuxDharmic X

ima have to No-sign those other rappers was at least droppin guest verses on tracks from time to time nd there's no way in hell Jay Elect is havin close to a classic like those 3 albums u named

Oh really, i don't remember Nas, Jay, or Snoop flooding the market with songs between their debut verses/songs and when they dropped their album.

What songs did Nas have between Live at the BBQ and Illmatic?

What songs did Snoop have between The Chronic/Deep Cover and Doggystyle?

What songs did Jay-z have between I Can't get with that/In my lifetime and Reasonable Doubt?

They've put out no more songs than Jay E has, they weren't flooding the market.

Nas didn't didn't start doing guest verses until post Illmatic with the Wu, AZ, Mobb Deep,etc. Snoop didn't start doing guest verses until post Doggystyle and so on.
    TheEyeronic1dontdiedontkillanyon
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its coming out when detox does.
    Yup. Double album. Dre/Jay. Detox: Act II
    pop dukeminninLou_CypherCashmoneyDux
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

nas never went a decade with only 4 or 5 songs ever being released. Nas was young and between 94 and 04 had a solid career with quality shit. Jay E old as fuck and still doesn't have an album. Nigga averages 1 song a year and that song is 3 minutes long with a 2 min intro and shit. Roc nation and or jay e need to figure shit out with a mixtape or promo songs.

SMH Jay E has over 30 songs in his catalog, what are you talking about 4-5 songs being released. WTF does his age have to do with shit, Jay Electronica just signed a contract 2 years ago. The point i am making is, do not put Jay E in the Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, etc mindset of releasing half assed quality music every month, he is not that type of artist. It's about quality not quantity with dude, let him take his time and cook right. If he puts out his album and it disappoints then by all means go in on him and shit on him.

Ya'll are way too stuck on this flood the market with disposable music mentality, it's like fast food to ya'll, low quality and easilly processed shit. No wonder why ya'll listen to these artist for a week and forget about their wack ass shit 2 days later. I'll take a artist like Jay E or Kendrick who will take their time making the proper product which i know i will listen to 6 months later.
    TheEyeronic1
  • BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 27,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh really, i don't remember Nas, Jay, or Snoop flooding the market with songs between their debut verses/songs and when they dropped their album.

What songs did Nas have between Live at the BBQ and Illmatic?

What songs did Snoop have between The Chronic/Deep Cover and Doggystyle?

What songs did Jay-z have between I Can't get with that/In my lifetime and Reasonable Doubt?

They've put out no more songs than Jay E has, they weren't flooding the market.

Nas didn't didn't start doing guest verses until post Illmatic with the Wu, AZ, Mobb Deep,etc. Snoop didn't start doing guest verses until post Doggystyle and so on.

different times them niggaz wasnt 35 when they had their debut
    pop dukejuan travoltaDharmic X
  • BetaBeta YOUR SITE IS TRASHHH! *Bomb Drop* Posts: 21,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao a "what the fuck is jay elec doin wit his life?" Thread gets made bi-weekly
    juan travoltaminninCashmoneyDux