The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from the movie house watching this jawn and got damn!!! This shit was epic and I'm not really even into comics like that. The only movie I missed was Captain America so I wasn't too lost. Hulk killed this shit. Dope ass flick.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people say the Thor movie sucked? Was it because it wasn't action packed as people expected. I thought all in all it was a decent movie.

PaperPlaneJaneragefocus
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people say the Thor movie sucked? Was it because it wasn't action packed as people expected. I thought all in all it was a decent movie.

Asgard looked hella rainbowish to me, Loki was fucking with Thor in the fight too tough...The in between was weird..Thor in Asgard was trill...frost giants were trill...

I shouldn't say that it sucks...thats not true...it was just meehhh...Thor is the God and we didn't get to see him scrap! I didn't like that the harped on the love story and they didn't really show any animosity from Sif...aint that his main?

I like Thor a lot I had hire expectations...you're right it was a decent film! I shouldn't hyperbolize, but I wanted it to be better!
    Mood Indigo
  • DrMindbender122DrMindbender122 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭
    They already announed that "Thor" is going to take place throughout the nine realms. Great way to tie-in Thanos
    My bad; meant to say "Thor 2". U can bet that they're gonna introduce more characters into all of the core franchises. They'll have to if Thanos is gonna remain true to his comic book characterization.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 17,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asgard looked hella rainbowish to me, Loki was fucking with Thor in the fight too tough...The in between was weird..Thor in Asgard was trill...frost giants were trill...

I shouldn't say that it sucks...thats not true...it was just meehhh...Thor is the God and we didn't get to see him scrap! I didn't like that the harped on the love story and they didn't really show any animosity from Sif...aint that his main?

I like Thor a lot I had hire expectations...you're right it was a decent film! I shouldn't hyperbolize, but I wanted it to be better!

Ok, I can respect this. I think the Thor movie had to be a little more story driven though. Remember, his origin story is basically about him learning humility. Kinda hard for him to do that if he went around beating up everyone he encountered. There will probably be more combat in number 2.

Oh, and I think Asgard is supposed to be rainbowish. Hell, check out the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Asgard stage. It's a epileptic seizure waiting to happen.

1532267-wesker0000_00000_bmp_jpgcopy_super.jpg
    Monk has it right, not only for Thor, but for all of the individual character movies. Each of these initial movies had to lay the foundation for the characters' origin and back stories. Shit was done for those people who really don't know the characters' histories.

As we saw in Iron Man 2, shit was mostly action; no boring foundation storylines. Same thing with the 2008 Hulk movie.

I think people are gonna be more satisfied with Cap 2 and Thor 3. Like I said before, Thor 2 is supposed to occur with an inter-galactic background. Shit is gonna be dope, watch.
  • MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why I'm surprised by all these knee jerk reactions. Lol @ this being the best comic book movie yet, This shit is not gonna age well. There is no emotional connection with any of the heroes or even anxiety when the world is being attacked. The action is fantastic, as it should be, but this movie is about half an hour too long and a little boring. The concept was great, but the movie isnt
    infamous114Anti_matterIceBergTaylorsTaY_TrUeTheBossmanMr.Forte
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva DC4L Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only on the IC do you see wierd ass opinions like that bro. Everyone I know in real life said the Thor movie was either good or awesome.
    focusCitySojourner
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 15,338 Regulator

1:35 thorgasm
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Movie was dope as hell and lived up to the hype for me but i can't wait 3 to 4 years for the next one i just cant!!!
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just came back from the movies, Hulk was straight beast mode. Dude just straight hoed everyone in the movie, especially Loki and Thor. Movie lived up to the hype!
    Already Home_17
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 54,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i read that robert downey gon get paid 50 mill from this film
    Cain
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    i read that robert downey gon get paid 50 mill from this film

DAYUM!
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    just came back from the movies, Hulk was straight beast mode. Dude just straight hoed everyone in the movie, especially Loki and Thor. Movie lived up to the hype!

Yea Hulk stole the show. The way he fucked Loki up was funny lol
    Already Home_17
  • I Am HimI Am Him Posts: 261 ✭✭✭

Only on the IC do you see wierd ass opinions like that bro. Everyone I know in real life said the Thor movie was either good or awesome.

Mostly those DC dudes who can't appreciate another company because that means you are not a true fan.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 43,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulk made Loki reevaluate his career options. Lol
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    fuckin hilarious read: http://www.cracked.com/article_19841_if-avengers-was-10-times-shorter-100-times-more-honest.html

CHRIS EVANS

Alright, guys, there's no time for any of that boring character development nonsense, let's get on with the asskickery!

MARK RUFFALO

Sweet, another 40 minutes of nonstop action, just like Transformers 3, except AWESOME, amiright, fellas?

SCARLETT JOHANSSON

Wait, nerds like this? It's just another overlong brainless action scene like in every other movie. Complete spectacle over substance, same old formula.

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.

Oh, come on, can't you just turn your brain off for two hours and enjoy some entertainment?

JEREMY RENNER

What?! That's exactly what people say about garbage like The Fast and the Furious and Transformers before you nerds tell them Michael Bay sodomized your childhoods! What the hell makes this any different?

MARK RUFFALO

JOSS WHEDON IS ONE OF US!
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 54,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i seen it today

great movie
  • iron man1iron man1 isn't that why we fight so we can end the fight and go home.. Avengers TowerPosts: 17,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Hulk made Loki reevaluate his career options. Lol

lol was hilarious how loki was literally on the floor until he was shown again in the scene he was involved in my man was contemplating lifes great mysteries
    Already Home_17
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seen it today....first thing was right before I left to go see it captain america movie was on but yeah shit was epic tho hulk did his thing and my nigga ironman held it down also
  • Maximus RexMaximus Rex Pulchritudo in Conspectu Regis The EmpreyanPosts: 4,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw it today. First of all niggas are on some raw coke when they say Avengers is fucking with Dark Knight, hell Avengers wasn't (in my opinion) better than Spidey 2 or 300. So as far comic book adaptions, it goes:

The Dark Knight

Spider-Man 2

The Avengers

If felt that the movie dragged in spots. The beginning, and parts on the S.H.I.E.L.D. ship.

Though I must admit, the action sequences were sick as fuck and those scenes were better than Spidey 2.

Out of the $19 I pay for admission, it was worth $16.50

Now for fanbpy gripes:

1) How come Thor doesn't wear his helmet?

2) Why doesn't Mjolliner have the inscription on it?

3) Shouldn't Thor have bitched Iron Man the way The Hulk did Loki?

3) How come Cap never said, "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"
    MAKAVELI25Sion
  • Craig RobinsonCraig Robinson Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Just saw it today. First of all niggas are on some raw coke when they say Avengers is fucking with Dark Knight, hell Avengers wasn't (in my opinion) better than Spidey 2 or 300. So as far comic book adaptions, it goes:

The Dark Knight

Spider-Man 2

The Avengers

If felt that the movie dragged in spots. The beginning, and parts on the S.H.I.E.L.D. ship.

Though I must admit, the action sequences were sick as fuck and those scenes were better than Spidey 2.

Out of the $19 I pay for admission, it was worth $16.50

Now for fanbpy gripes:

1) How come Thor doesn't wear his helmet?

2) Why doesn't Mjolliner have the inscription on it?

3) Shouldn't Thor have bitched Iron Man the way The Hulk did Loki?

3) How come Cap never said, "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

No

Tobey Maguire is the WOAT as Spiderman
    CitySojourner
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    props to whoever put that shit on youtube. movie was good, good special effects, not a big emphasis on the plot which could have taken away from the great action in the movie and the hulk was on beast mode