The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• PaperPlaneJanePaperPlaneJane Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    peagle05 wrote: »
    so now the question has to be asked until the dvd/blu ray drops....DVDRIP?

http://kat.ph/the-avengers-2012-cam-v2-xvid-26k-t6341057.html

best copy out right now
    TheBossman
  • PaperPlaneJanePaperPlaneJane Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thor is the GOD! Look people in hear talking about writers incorrectly writing Thor and Hulk fights. Y'all sound stupid. Them dudes go head up...Every time they fight they injure each other. That's how it goes. Stop over analyzing and enjoy some shit.

Thor definitely had the best entrance...Iron-Man has swag (RDJ has swag), I liked Cap in dialogue a lot (the scene where he tests IronMan, also when he asks if shield is on some bullshit, and when he tells the cops what to do then merks a bitch, and the cop listens)

I have a question, who would be considered the stronger hero between Nick Fury and Hawkeye?

It has to be Hawkeye, that niggas accuracy is on point

Word he was makin crazy shots with that bow. The one when he blew up the engine of the heli-carrier was dope. And while he was shooting from the top of that building in NY dude was doing no look shots....it was dope.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Avengers Still Champ, Nears $1 Billion
    Dark Shadows can't suck the life out of Marvel's blockbuster epic.
    by Jim Vejvoda MAY 13, 2012

As expected, Marvel's The Avengers remained the No. 1 movie in North America this weekend and is expected to cross the $1 billion mark globally Sunday after 19 days in international release. The Avengers is the only movie in history to stay No. 1 for a second weekend with a tally of $100+ million; the previous record holder was Avatar with $75.6 million. The Avengers also moved past The Dark Knight on the all-time worldwide box office chart (not adjusted for inflation, etc.).

Meanwhile, Tim Burton and Johnny Depp's adaptation of Dark Shadows underperformed for a second place debut. Here are the weekend estimates via Rentrak:

1. Marvel's The Avengers $103,163,000

2. Dark Shadows $28,805,000

3. Think Like a Man $6,300,000

4. The Hunger Games $4,400,000

5. The Lucky One $4,055,000

6. The Pirates! Band of Misfits $3,200,000

7. The Five-Year Engagement $3,095,645

8. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $2,650,000

9. Chimpanzee $1,624,000

10. Girl in Progress $1,350,00

Damn.
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duriong this movie i had an uncontrollable urge to stick my tongue up Scarlett Johansen's ass.
    And i wasnt even on her like that prior.
    CitySojourner
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thor >>>>>> Hulk
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulk owned this movie...Man this movie was EPIC!...the best Super hero movie I've seen since The Dark Knight...so much Action..and what Hulk did to Loki was GOAT...I'ma have to watch this again
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow another 100 mil? That's crazy
    King_Me
  • arbitrationarbitration Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Damn, they bout to cross the $1billi mark.

Meanwhile, execs at DC Entertainment must be burning slow right now.
    CitySojournerCainBcotton5
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well green light Avengers 3.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rage they have...AV2 was always planned but when they saw how successful it was they announced AV3
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Lets hope this success doesn't force them to feel like changing the formula to match what the masses want, rather than a continuing a great superhero story.

Because its what all this comes down to, superheroes.
  • Seen the movie twice, the first time 3d imax the second time at the regular theater....loved it both times, and Im not into comics and the only superhero ive ever been a huge fan of is batman. Ive never seen iron man 2, thor, any of the hulk movies, or captain america. Cant wait to see avengers 2
  • Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 2,127
    Saw it twice in 3D and enjoyed it both times. Iron Man and Hulk were my favorites.
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently watched all of the lead in movies after watching avengers in theaters twice.

Man! It makes a lot more sense when you take the time to watch it. They took the characters from their individual movies and placed them into the Avengers movie with a coherent storyline. Thor's movie SUCKS donkey dick, but it was trill the way we saw him humbled and then that carried over into the Avengers movie, also, Thor is a god and the knowledge of the universe's functionality doesn't make him seem intelligent in his stand alone movie amongst asagargians but in the movie with Human's he comes across as being comparably intelligent with Banner and Stark at least in certain conversations that involve science. The biggest boost though came from watching Captain America a second time. It was amazing to see how much better that movie seemed after watching the Avengers.

Anyways...I can't wait until the 3rd iron man so we can tie in all the storylines to the next avengers movie.
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from the movie house watching this jawn and got damn!!! This shit was epic and I'm not really even into comics like that. The only movie I missed was Captain America so I wasn't too lost. Hulk killed this shit. Dope ass flick.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 21,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people say the Thor movie sucked? Was it because it wasn't action packed as people expected. I thought all in all it was a decent movie.

PaperPlaneJaneragefocus
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people say the Thor movie sucked? Was it because it wasn't action packed as people expected. I thought all in all it was a decent movie.

Asgard looked hella rainbowish to me, Loki was fucking with Thor in the fight too tough...The in between was weird..Thor in Asgard was trill...frost giants were trill...

I shouldn't say that it sucks...thats not true...it was just meehhh...Thor is the God and we didn't get to see him scrap! I didn't like that the harped on the love story and they didn't really show any animosity from Sif...aint that his main?

I like Thor a lot I had hire expectations...you're right it was a decent film! I shouldn't hyperbolize, but I wanted it to be better!
    Mood Indigo
  • DrMindbender122DrMindbender122 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    They already announed that "Thor" is going to take place throughout the nine realms. Great way to tie-in Thanos
    My bad; meant to say "Thor 2". U can bet that they're gonna introduce more characters into all of the core franchises. They'll have to if Thanos is gonna remain true to his comic book characterization.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 21,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asgard looked hella rainbowish to me, Loki was fucking with Thor in the fight too tough...The in between was weird..Thor in Asgard was trill...frost giants were trill...

I shouldn't say that it sucks...thats not true...it was just meehhh...Thor is the God and we didn't get to see him scrap! I didn't like that the harped on the love story and they didn't really show any animosity from Sif...aint that his main?

I like Thor a lot I had hire expectations...you're right it was a decent film! I shouldn't hyperbolize, but I wanted it to be better!

Ok, I can respect this. I think the Thor movie had to be a little more story driven though. Remember, his origin story is basically about him learning humility. Kinda hard for him to do that if he went around beating up everyone he encountered. There will probably be more combat in number 2.

Oh, and I think Asgard is supposed to be rainbowish. Hell, check out the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Asgard stage. It's a epileptic seizure waiting to happen.

1532267-wesker0000_00000_bmp_jpgcopy_super.jpg
    Monk has it right, not only for Thor, but for all of the individual character movies. Each of these initial movies had to lay the foundation for the characters' origin and back stories. Shit was done for those people who really don't know the characters' histories.

As we saw in Iron Man 2, shit was mostly action; no boring foundation storylines. Same thing with the 2008 Hulk movie.

I think people are gonna be more satisfied with Cap 2 and Thor 3. Like I said before, Thor 2 is supposed to occur with an inter-galactic background. Shit is gonna be dope, watch.
  • MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why I'm surprised by all these knee jerk reactions. Lol @ this being the best comic book movie yet, This shit is not gonna age well. There is no emotional connection with any of the heroes or even anxiety when the world is being attacked. The action is fantastic, as it should be, but this movie is about half an hour too long and a little boring. The concept was great, but the movie isnt
    infamous114Anti_matterIceBergTaylorsTaY_TrUeTheBossmanMr.Forte
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva 2-1, improving every week. Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only on the IC do you see wierd ass opinions like that bro. Everyone I know in real life said the Thor movie was either good or awesome.
    focusCitySojourner
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Movie was dope as hell and lived up to the hype for me but i can't wait 3 to 4 years for the next one i just cant!!!
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just came back from the movies, Hulk was straight beast mode. Dude just straight hoed everyone in the movie, especially Loki and Thor. Movie lived up to the hype!
    Already Home_17