when the white folks arrived........
95cbb8769dd511e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

jigga-tap-o.gif

As3WSeACQAEiy7r.png

what he did was wrong
SionHyenaKillaa.mann[Deleted User]Already Home_17DWOPiffyHazeChicity-Vincenzo-

Replies

• Allah_U_AkbarAllah_U_Akbar Posts: 8,899 Regulator
    He took a photo with Freeway and then the photographers probably said, "Now can we get a photo of you with these other people?"

I don't think it was meant to be disrespectful.
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,244 Regulator
    Great throwback song. Dayum I miss that record, them boys were puttin out hits.
    amenhotepivAlready Home_17
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pic with freeway throwing up peace signs was after that pic with jay and the white guys. No one was there to see Freeway, jay-z was giving a speech about philly artists and acknowledged freeway and brought him to the stage. White guys didnt know who the hell he was so didnt find it necessary to have him in the pic.
    Sionbgoatilledout
  • louis richlouis rich BeantownPosts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭
    LMAO @ niggaz cant tell the difference between biz and personal
    [Deleted User]ATTSbgoat
  • Plap SunPlap Sun Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuck that

my dawg would be in the picture wit me especially if he standing right there

imma say "naw b, you cant be in this one"

i aint on that house nigga shit b
    [Deleted User]Valkyria
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @louisrich
    shut up house nigger
    HyenaKillaa.mannp-tavernVIBEKingJamal
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    so we gon act like photographers never ask friends/family/significant others to step aside while they take pictures of celebrities by themselves or with other people to create a photo op?
    bgoat-Vincenzo-
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    the look on Freeway face says it all............

hahahaha

nigga standing there with his arms folded like a chick that just got stood up on prom night
  • DrMindbender122DrMindbender122 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭
    Freeway got his ass banished to the sidelines cuz he has drug convictions. It would've been bad for business to have the Mayor of Philly (the bald blk dude with the goatee) to be up there posing with a convicted felon.

The previous Mayor did that, although innocently, and the white folk tore him a new asshole.
    bgoat
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH @ the slick ass way Jay ushered Freeway off screen.

Straight babied him.

This is grown folks business, go play.
    Already Home_17
  • High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Freeway got his ass banished to the sidelines cuz he has drug convictions. It would've been bad for business to have the Mayor of Philly (the bald blk dude with the goatee) to be up there posing with a convicted felon.

The previous Mayor did that, although innocently, and the white folk tore him a new asshole.

It's been pretty much confirmed that Jay dealt back in the day. Plus he pled guilty to stabbing a man a in a nightclub a decade prior. He may not be a convicted felon but he's definitely an ex-criminal.

jayzmug1.jpg

p-tavern
  • High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HyenaKilla wrote: »

It's been pretty much confirmed that Jay dealt back in the day. Plus he pled guilty to stabbing a man a in a nightclub a decade prior. He may not be a convicted felon but he's definitely an ex-criminal.

jayzmug1.jpg

Is that supposed to strengthen his credibility?

Dr.Mindbender (GOAT G.I.Joe character btw) said that it would be bad publicity for the mayor to take a picture with Freeway, an ex-felon. This would perhaps justify Freeway getting shooed off to the side.

My point is obviously the mayor doesn't care too much about that as he's taking a picture with Jay-z who also has a criminal record and has participated in criminal activities.

Basically, the reason Freeway wasn't deemed fit to be in the picture is not because of his criminal past.

• Loo.LooLoo.Loo Posts: 682
    Jay got dirt in his past but he's been successfully white-washing his image for nearly a decade

That has a huge part to play in why he's able to connect with the people he works with currently
    [Deleted User]
  • deadeyedeadeye Old Nigga Extraordinaire In my basement fapping to chunky fat Kat pics.Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's business, not personal.

I know you've heard that before. He could've left Freeway at home. He didn't have to invite him at all.

He might not have even been invited.

I could be wrong, but...since Freeway lives in Philly...he probably found out Jay was gonna be at that spot and just decided to show up on his own.

Jay probably didn't expect to see him there.

• Loo.LooLoo.Loo Posts: 682
    edited May 2012
    If you watch the vid (or just skip to the end like i did) you can hear Jay joke about Free's random appearance onstage.

i bet Jay felt just as awkward having to shun him away as Free felt being shunned.

Jay may be shrewd, but he doesnt seem like the type that WANTS to embarrass somebody at an event like that.

Now had it been 50, maybe.
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey I am what the people need. MIKEYFORMOD CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNPosts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loo.Loo wrote: »
    If you watch the vid (or just skip to the end like i did) you can hear Jay joke about Free's random appearance onstage.

i bet Jay felt just as awkward having to shun him away as Free felt being shunned.

Jay may be shrewd, but he doesnt seem like the type that WANTS to embarrass somebody at an event like that.

Now had it been 50, maybe.

this
  • s3nterockss3nterocks Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    Sources tell VIBE, Hov personally invited Freeway to appear at the press conference with him and that the two spoke both before and after the event. The speculation of stage crashing is totally false.

From the jump, Free was fully aware he would not be taking press photos with Jay and Philly’s politicians. The rapper’s past drug felony drug charge is the sole reason for this.

According to a source, Jay-Z and Freeway remain close friends to this day.

• s3nterockss3nterocks Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    I got that from Missinfo's website.
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    morale of the story:

Street cred doesn't mean shit, when at comes to dealing with the people who "build" the streets
    Lurker6-Vincenzo-
  • Bully_PulpitBully_Pulpit Black Mage Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL@ this shit
  • powerman 5000powerman 5000 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I understand what happened and shit and maybe it could have went a little more smoothly but, it still looks bad. You don't treat the local guy like this.... It's a messed up situation that looks worse than it really is, is what I'm getting at.
  • GodSpeed215GodSpeed215 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Stand over to the side nigga...no a little bit further.......yeah perfect
    a.mannDWO-Vincenzo-
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 53,935 Regulator
    lmao..

"i was on the stage tho....."
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freeway was like

29gicmd.gif
    -Vincenzo-