Recommend a Non-Fiction Book

1468910

Replies

  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Real niggas back in style Inglewood niggaPosts: 7,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    lol @ people naming the bible



    how+to+deal+with+white+people+cover.jpg
    LUClENValentinez A. Kaiser
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher I'm a nice guy. AlaskaPosts: 30,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell's Angels By Hunter S. Thompson
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds EVERYBODY WAITING FOR THE REVOLUTION TO START/ BUT YOU AINT ON THE FRONT LINE TAKING 2 IN THE HEART Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    janklow wrote: »
    its an autobiography, dude is a well known serial killer/mafia hitman...
    so let me just say i am familiar with this book and am familiar with Kuklinski.

    i am ALSO familiar with the fact that he's claimed to have committed crimes that everyone else in a position to know about it disputes his claims. he claims he was a killer for DeMeo? numerous DeMeo crew members dispute this, and there seems to be no evidence he was that affiliated with the crew. he claims he KILLED DeMeo? all available evidence and/or testimony disagrees. numerous other claims are stuff that there's no third-party to verify, no evidence to verify, and for which there was no prosecution.
    he killed pauly castellano at sparks...
    pretty sure that was a couple of teams of Italian guys, none of which were Kuklinski.

    look, the dude was rightfully locked up and i am sure calling him a murderer is accurate... but calling him this hitman who's killed more than 250 people? can't imagine why anyone who's had a couple of books about him and was in jail for life would want to tell stories to raise his profile...



    Your obviously not familiar with him then lol
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 6,772 Regulator
    Your obviously not familiar with him then lol
    considering the fact that i have read the probably-largely-fictional book you're mentioning here AND the fact that you have no response to my comments, i am assuming this means "i am upset because you called out my murderous hero on his lies"

    sorry, man

    LUClENValentinez A. Kaiser
  • KeepinItHundredKeepinItHundred Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Michael Mandelbaum - The Ideas That Conquered the World.
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds EVERYBODY WAITING FOR THE REVOLUTION TO START/ BUT YOU AINT ON THE FRONT LINE TAKING 2 IN THE HEART Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    Your obviously not familiar with him then lol
    considering the fact that i have read the probably-largely-fictional book you're mentioning here AND the fact that you have no response to my comments, i am assuming this means "i am upset because you called out my murderous hero on his lies"

    sorry, man


    lol no it means i cant be assed to argue with someone on the internet over his views on a book, i really dont care what you think... you presented no facts just your opinion... no need to apologize breda
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    lol, yeah im half haitian, i know how the French get down with they're fuckery.

    Damn, for sure then.

    Check out "Shake Hands with the Devil" by Romeo Dallaire too, if you haven't already. The French fuckery is on full display there too.
    I haven't read that book yet but you might want to check out "We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families" by Philip Gourevitch.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 6,772 Regulator
    lol no it means i cant be assed to argue with someone on the internet over his views on a book, i really dont care what you think-
    like i said, "i am upset because you called out my murderous hero on his lies"
    ... you presented no facts just your opinion...
    it's not my opinion that a laundry list of DeMeo crew members who have turned state's evidence in other prosecutions do not mention Kuklinski as an associate OR as having done the things he's claimed to have done. you say he killed Castellano for some reason (i don't recall him claiming that, but a liar is a liar, i guess), i say he'd be the ONLY person to say he was responsible. this is not "opinion."
    bigev240 wrote: »
    I haven't read that book yet but you might want to check out "We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families" by Philip Gourevitch.
    good book
  • cobblandcobbland Robert De Niro: "The Fan" (1996). Bobby, now do you care? BOBBY! NOW DO YOU CARE? Just a little bit? Chicago...Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paschal Beverly Randolph: A Nineteenth-Century Black American Spiritualist, Rosicrucian, and Sex Magician (Suny Series, Western Esoteric Traditions) [Paperback]
    John Patrick Deveney (Author)

    41PZ1wSmCmL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
  • Lord EtherLord Ether Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    The Secret Science by John Baines aka Dario Salas
    Their is a whole series.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
    -The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine
    -Monster by Shanyika Shakur
    -The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
    -Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich
    -Public Enemies by Bryan Burrough
    -BMF by Mara Shalhoup
    -Black Skin, White Masks by Frantz Fanon
    -Race Rules by Michael Eric Dyson
    -Manufactoring Consent by Noam Chomsky
    -The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    -The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
    -Blood Diamonds by Greg Campbell
    -The Political Economy of Slavery by Eugene Genovese
    -The Assassination of The Black Male Image by Earl Ofari Hutchinson
    -Revolutionary Suicide by Huey Newton
    -The Negro In The Making of America by Benjamin Quarles

    I would fully support people reading anything by Thomas Paine, Noam Chomsky or Howard Zinn.
    Sion
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got finish reading Denmark Vesey: The Buried Story of America's Largest Slave Rebellion and the Man Who Led It9780679762188.jpg

    In a remarkable feat of historical detective work, David Robertson illuminates the shadowy figure who planned a slave rebellion so daring that, if successful, it might have changed the face of the antebellum South. This is the story of a man who, like Nat Turner, Marcus Garvey, and Malcolm X, is a complex yet seminal hero in the history of African American emancipation.

    Denmark Vesey was a charasmatic ex-slave--literate, professional, and relatively well-off--who had purchased his own freedom with the winnings from a lottery. Inspired by the success of the revolutionary black republic in Haiti, he persuaded some nine thousand slaves to join him in a revolt. On a June evening in 1822, having gathered guns, and daggers, they were to converge on Charleston, South Carolina, take the city's arsenal, murder the populace, burn the city, and escape by ship to Haiti or Africa. When the uprising was betrayed, Vesey and seventy-seven of his followers were executed, the matter hushed by Charleston's elite for fear of further rebellion. Compelling, informative, and often disturbing, this book is essential to a fuller understanding of the struggle against slavery.


    I am now reading A PEOPLE'S HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES by HOWARD ZINN6a48cdb7-fab6-46e5-a749-0d66c2159220
    ploccjonoValentinez A. Kaiser
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 20,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently reading A People's History too. Confessions of An Economic Hitman is after that.
  • NegroNerdNegroNerd Posts: 1
    "Hold Love Strong" by Matthew Aaron Goodman
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beyond fear: Miguel angel ruiz
    Communist manifesto: Karl marx



  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,972 Regulator
    November 13th check out Robert Greene's new book Mastery.... pre-order your copy now. It's been a while since he released a new book.

    http://powerseductionandwar.com/

    http://www.penguin.ca/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780670024964,00.html
  • LostLost Posts: 152
    The life of pi.
  • elementalPelementalP Posts: 202
    Zbigniew Brzezinski: The Grand Chessboard. Finding out a lot of politicians get their advice from tthis dude
  • elementalPelementalP Posts: 202
    Reading another book called, Robert Sadler; The True Story of a 20th Century Slave. This one is prettty good
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,972 Regulator
    Lost wrote: »
    The life of pi.

    LOLOL man you took me back with this one daaaaayuuumm. I'm surprised they haven't made a movie about that book yet.


    I just wanna recommend:

    Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness of Crowds by Charles McKay
    Fight the Power: Rap, Race, and Reality by Chuck D, Yusuf Jah and Spike Lee
  • alvarez_313alvarez_313 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭
    "No Easy Day" - Mark Owen.. Interesting read..
  • water ur seedswater ur seeds EVERYBODY WAITING FOR THE REVOLUTION TO START/ BUT YOU AINT ON THE FRONT LINE TAKING 2 IN THE HEART Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was reading Johnny Tapias book, fckn crazy isnt the word, had to stop as its the 3rd depressing book in A row lol But its mental, highly recomend it... I got to 4 chapter and stopped, but will pick it up again after this Teddy Atlas book...

    mi-vida-loca-the-crazy-and-unbelievable-life-of-johnny-tapia.jpg

    Im reading this now, dope as fck...

    fill.jpg
    cobbland
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist. Logician. Champion Lova Babylon Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mein Kempf
    Satanic Bible
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher I'm a nice guy. AlaskaPosts: 30,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell's Angels by Hunter S. Thompson
  • Anacalypsis - The Saitic Isis: Languages Nations and Religions (v. 1 & 2)
    Godfrey Higgins

    Ancient Egypt and Black Africa Theophile Obenga

    How White Folks Got So Rich: The Untold Story of American White Supremacy
    Reclamation Project

    Brain, Mind, and the Structure of Reality
    Paul L. Nunez
Sign In or Register to comment.