Pursuing A Somali woman?

Replies

• KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,239 Regulator
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    @kai_valya

Just wanna make sure you come here.

lol, well it worked
    First off she will correct you and say she's Somali, not "somalian."

If you're not a Muslim there is no point in asking, especially online because you'll just get the textbook denial.

Just find one in the field and stimulate her senses with your aura so that you can possibly knock her off balance and she can let go of the rigid thinking for a short time while you put in work to win her over.

this is all true and good advice
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    So are you Muslim yo that is your start off point they aint choosing a non Muslim man period. Religion is something serious to them.

bolded is the truth. when i first met my husband, i didn't think he was muslim. so he would hit on me and stuff and i just wasn't giving him any play. until one friday after class i was walking towards my car and i run into him walking in the opposite direction towards the mosque wearing a thobe (a robe like outfit men wear to jummah prayer) and i was like :D

i already thought he was really cute and charming, but i didn't even consider dating him cuz i thought he wasn't muslim. when i found out he was tho, oh it was a wrap
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone living in the DC area but not from DC originally, I have to say DC style is lame as shit. It don't matter whether dudes are teens or grown men, they always look like some cornballs. However, as demonstrated by the TC, they always believe they fly as hell. It's very strange to me.

no sir.......... don't get us confused with them uptown ass niggaz

Wale fucking our rep up

also, you can't consider the lil kids either

most mofos think older DC cats are from NY until they talk

Ehhh, maybe the most ridiculous dudes are the ones that stand out the most and those are the only ones I actually remember. It's possible.

where you from fam?

South Carolina, but I've pretty much lived in every state in on the southeast coast. FL, GA, SC, NC, and now VA. I'll put it like this. I might go to ATL and see some dudes dressed like some of the dudes up here too, but those cats are usually gay or on some metrosexual shit. Up here, normal straight dudes dress like that.

I don't know maybe I'm just conservative. I'm not into all the crazy colors, tight clothing, nerdwear (crazy glasses, bowties, random vests).
  • FucktheICFucktheIC Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone living in the DC area but not from DC originally, I have to say DC style is lame as shit. It don't matter whether dudes are teens or grown men, they always look like some cornballs. However, as demonstrated by the TC, they always believe they fly as hell. It's very strange to me.

Wale fucking our rep up

Ehhh, maybe the most ridiculous dudes are the ones that stand out the most and those are the only ones I actually remember. It's possible.

where you from fam?

South Carolina, but I've pretty much lived in every state in on the southeast coast. FL, GA, SC, NC, and now VA. I'll put it like this. I might go to ATL and see some dudes dressed like some of the dudes up here too, but those cats are usually gay or on some metrosexual shit. Up here, normal straight dudes dress like that.

I don't know maybe I'm just conservative. I'm not into all the crazy colors, tight clothing, nerdwear (crazy glasses, bowties, random vests).

Oooooh, I thought you were talkin' about them niggas that dress like they finna mob everywhere they go.

You just have no style. No offense, but every man should own a bow tie in his wardrobe. Several preferably. Not to wear everyday, but to change shit up once in a while. You one of them niggas that hate pocket squares too?

I introduced that to my suit game and the white bitches looked a nigga with a lust I've never seen before.

lmao @Bawse D.Lox too funny

but no, he was muslim for a few years already when i met him. i do know a few people that converted to be with friends of mine. it's sorta hard to fake being muslim tho, cuz a lot more goes into it than being christian for example. you have to know how to pray, how to read the quran and all the other rules that go along with it. if he was faking i would've been able to tell
  • Bawse D.LoxBawse D.Lox Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kai_valya wrote: »

but no, he was muslim for a few years already when i met him. i do know a few people that converted to be with friends of mine. it's sorta hard to fake being muslim tho, cuz a lot more goes into it than being christian for example. you have to know how to pray, how to read the quran and all the other rules that go along with it. if he was faking i would've been able to tell

c/s, one thing i admire about Muslims, is that when they're Muslim they're Muslim to the core. Whether it be for 2-3 life times, 2-3 years, 2-3 hours or 2-3 seconds.

even the girl i was talking about in my last post, that was confused. On the days/weeks she was Muslim, she was Muslim to the core, and i got to witness first hand ; the passion, dedication, she had for her religion and it made her even sexier. i damn near became Muslim my self. but i only serve one true God, and that is Trillness,

• CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me dc is like this, if you are from the dmv area this is the best place on earth, but if your from out of town and moved here its wack, i moved here from out of town and its lame.
    gns
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAOoOOOO @ Bawse

And there are some bad ass West African chicks.
  • d.greend.green Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Ok my dude...my girl is from Djibouti but parents are Somali.

You better be muslim or woo the fk out of her. Keep that street talk out of the equation. Their parents and many of them back in East Arica think a lot of african americans are not marriage material because of TV and media. But keep in mind they prefer to date within their own culture...regardless of color. So its nothing against you.

Approach her like any other woman but prepared that her family may be against it. Just don't act hood and uneducated.

However, it can work if she is strong minded and willing to bridge the gap between her family and you.

if she loves you....she will take care of you for life. No questions asked.

Also...if you not Muslim...at least know a little about it and show respect towards it as we should do already.
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where those hipster based girls that rep the #Bitchmob tho?
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wale fucking our rep up

where you from fam?

Oooooh, I thought you were talkin' about them niggas that dress like they finna mob everywhere they go.

You just have no style. No offense, but every man should own a bow tie in his wardrobe. Several preferably. Not to wear everyday, but to change shit up once in a while. You one of them niggas that hate pocket squares too?

I introduced that to my suit game and the white bitches looked a nigga with a lust I've never seen before.

We going to have to agree to disagree. Bow ties are for little boys, circus clowns, and niggas selling bean pies.
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn are you serious? The gym I go to is a cluster fuck of ethicities and I swear no one preaches religion more than Muslim cats and Ayrians. Mostly it's connecting the coralation of Jesus Christ to the Koran. I just be like not today bruh.
    MobTown wrote: »
    To me dc is like this, if you are from the dmv area this is the best place on earth, but if your from out of town and moved here its wack, i moved here from out of town and its lame.

False, it's one of the most attractive cities for transplants. At least according to surveys. Vast majority of new residents(in the district) are transplants.
  • JokerKingJokerKing She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 23,793 Regulator
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wale fucking our rep up

where you from fam?

*dead* @ the bolded

I hear you fam

but thats that uptown young nigga shit

old heads such as myself are either conservative or still dressing like thugged out hoodlums

cats I know still wearing camoflauge and rooky shorts and shit LOL

but I can't lie, I SMH @ the trends these lil niggaz be on today.............everybody is just following everybody

one minute niggaz wanna be bloods, next minute they on this metro nerd shit :unno

Wale fucking our rep up

where you from fam?

*dead* @ the bolded

I hear you fam

but thats that uptown young nigga shit

old heads such as myself are either conservative or still dressing like thugged out hoodlums

cats I know still wearing camoflauge and rooky shorts and shit LOL

but I can't lie, I SMH @ the trends these lil niggaz be on today.............everybody is just following everybody

one minute niggaz wanna be bloods, next minute they on this metro nerd shit :unno

Nah bruh, old niggas(I'm talkin (50 and above) is the swag I'm talkin' about. I don't see too many young niggas rockin' suits in the first place. I never really dressed like a DC nigga, so I guess I should stop catching feelings.

Yeah, I'll stop catching feelings.

Damn are you serious? The gym I go to is a cluster fuck of ethicities and I swear no one preaches religion more than Muslim cats and Ayrians. Mostly it's connecting the coralation of Jesus Christ to the Koran. I just be like not today bruh.

muslims are either or usually. either they're laid back with it, just do their own thing, then there are the ones that are on a mission to convert people. i fall in to the former category

but yeah, a friend of mine who was christian, white boy, wanted to date another friend that was pakistani, but her father wouldn't allow it unless he was muslim. he converted and they ended up getting married. this was a few years ago and they're still together
    Fake being muslim

Google is your friend

google is gonna teach you how to read arabic or memorize the quran? i don't think so

muslims are either or usually. either they're laid back with it, just do their own thing, then there are the ones that are on a mission to convert people. i fall in to the former category

but yeah, a friend of mine who was christian, white boy, wanted to date another friend that was pakistani, but her father wouldn't allow it unless he was muslim. he converted and they ended up getting married. this was a few years ago and they're still together
    Fake being muslim

Google is your friend

google is gonna teach you how to read arabic or memorize the quran? i don't think so

She's been here since she was 4 or so from a refugee camp, so I'm hoping she ain't about that life. She seems pretty americanized.
    d.green wrote: »
    Ok my dude...my girl is from Djibouti but parents are Somali.

You better be muslim or woo the fk out of her. Keep that street talk out of the equation. Their parents and many of them back in East Arica think a lot of african americans are not marriage material because of TV and media. But keep in mind they prefer to date within their own culture...regardless of color. So its nothing against you.

Approach her like any other woman but prepared that her family may be against it. Just don't act hood and uneducated.

However, it can work if she is strong minded and willing to bridge the gap between her family and you.

if she loves you....she will take care of you for life. No questions asked.

Also...if you not Muslim...at least know a little about it and show respect towards it as we should do already.

Haha. She's never heard me speak like this.
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha Ha. Jealous internet lames stay worrying bout Atlanta. Aint nobody here dressin like yall lames and aint nobody here thinkin bout yall lame cities. We own yalls minds. jealous internet losers.

Wale fucking our rep up

where you from fam?

We going to have to agree to disagree. Bow ties are for little boys, circus clowns, and niggas selling bean pies.

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/08/10/a-man-and-the-bow-tie-the-beau-tie-ltd-of-vermont-giveaway/

I'm here to learn you niggas.

Fake being muslim

Google is your friend

She's been here since she was 4 or so from a refugee camp, so I'm hoping she ain't about that life. She seems pretty americanized.

i've been here since 10, my sisters were born here, we're all pretty americanized. doesn't make much difference tho. we're like a mix of both actually, we look/dress like the average american girls, but culturally and morally we're usually pretty traditional. that influence comes from the family and community. we still have to do what is expected of us as good daughters

Fake being muslim

Google is your friend

i've been here since 10, my sisters were born here, we're all pretty americanized. doesn't make much difference tho. we're like a mix of both actually, we look/dress like the average american girls, but culturally and morally we're usually pretty traditional. that influence comes from the family and community. we still have to do what is expected of us as good daughters

I really feel for people like that. Love dukes to death, but I only live for me. For what anyone else wants.