A Map that proves NYC is the MECCA OF HIP HOP........

Replies

• TurfaholicTurfaholic Posts: 8,710
    Its not about wanting my region to be forgotten, because our gameplan has always been do us and fuck how outsiders look at us. But every region has had independent hustle. But what independent Label put the south on? Luke didnt. Rap-A-Lot didnt. The No Limit format is what set off the Southern Dynasty.
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,400
    Yeah Master p took the south spirit and took the things he learned in n.o and the bay area and created a monster. Which changed the whole game. Man we cool with yall out here anybody gettin it on there own terms the right way is cool. But 1 influential person learned some things out there. The south already had people that knew how to and did win. But in the end its our determination and unity and looking foward not back that separates the south and creates what has amazed the rest of the world.
  • Billy_PonchoBilly_Poncho Posts: 14,419
    edited June 2012
    Hip-hop is a "what have you done for me lately" type genre, and as of late, NY ain't done shit but ride the South's nuts to success (ie French Montana, Nicki Minaj, and ASAP Rocky). NY had their run in the 80s and 90s, why can't ya'll be satisfied with that? Outside of those Pro-Era niggas, I can't think of any new NY niggas that have lyrics like that.
    ^^^New York look like it smell like hot dog water, pigeon shit, and urine. Plus it snows there. Nothings better than California with Miami being a close 2nd.
  • a_lista_list Posts: 3,682
    uolag wrote: »
    Sometimes I think deep down inside niggas wish they were from the 5 Boroughs Of Death

I got love for some for other regions but aint nothing like NYC

C'mon b thats more fuel for them lol......anyways, not a nyc native, but lived there for over 10,,,,,when asked where i was from i always said CT......I really dont know what it is though, somebody must be beating these cats in the head about ny and that just causes them to lash out.....they dont want anything about ny to be celebrated,,,lol cats need intervention
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825
    My thing is why is niggas arguing and competing against regions? Not to sound like a cornball but when you step out of hip-hop just for a brief second and look at some of the stuff going on it's just laughable. Niggas really arguing over who did what and fuck this region fuck that region who got the hardest region and all that when this is supposed to be one culture created to bring each other closer to each other.

But niggas will always be niggas i guess..

*NOT JUST TALKING ON THE NET BTW TALKING ALL THAT EAST VS WEST, EAST VS SOUTH SHIT OUTSIDE THE NET TOO*
    Thats why i said every body learns off everybody and it bounces around. But in the end you right all this dont matter. It all comes down to music and people will simply listen to what they like if they have any sense and aint tryin to prove a worthless point. The rest of it means nothing.
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 6,462
    its really city 2 city, P mostly made way for Lil Wayne!
  • infamous114infamous114 Posts: 25,073
    CirocObama wrote: »
    My thing is why is niggas arguing and competing against regions? Not to sound like a cornball but when you step out of hip-hop just for a brief second and look at some of the stuff going on it's just laughable. Niggas really arguing over who did what and fuck this region fuck that region who got the hardest region and all that when this is supposed to be one culture created to bring each other closer to each other.

*NOT JUST TALKING ON THE NET BTW TALKING ALL THAT EAST VS WEST, EAST VS SOUTH SHIT OUTSIDE THE NET TOO*

Look at who created the thread...this isn't the first time he's gotten out of his way to tell us this even though it's common knowledge.
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,488
    NYC like any places has it's ups and downs. Everyone is on the grind hard body and in a New York Minute as they say, you life can change for the good or the bad. It truely is the Big City of Dreams. People come here for that hope of making to something bigger in life. But Time square is basically an amusement park, it's out of control, lol Most New Yorker's I know rarely go around there all the time. I have love for Queens and BK of course. But the thread was not to do any chest pounding, I'm sure all of you as Hip Hop fans knows of New York's origin and contribution to this art form we listen to and love called Hip Hop. But the Map was cool cause it just showed you where some of the rappers you love were born in which part of NYC. It was a great idea whoever did it.
  • *~queenbee~**~queenbee~* Posts: 878
    Some of those rappers on the map are questionable. Lol at Young MC and Mims.
    edited June 2012
    Some of those rappers on the map are questionable. Lol at Young MC and Mims.

LOL, that's true but you and I know every rapper up there aren't GOAT status but just off pure talent, NYC is probably the biggest and best breeding ground for MC's. Every Region has it's Legends and great artist. NY though from a Hip Hop Standpoint has birthed probably the greatest Rappers.

• JerryfromJerzJerryfromJerz Posts: 21,340
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    all i see is music from the 90s in this thread. what well known anthems have new york created in the last 2 years?

that is actually a good question

i can only think of Empire state of Mind
  • real_hh_repreal_hh_rep Posts: 1,829
    Goat thread. LOL @ niggas from South catching feelings. That;s right. You may sell units, but you're making Britney Spears type worthy music. in 10 years nobody will remember shit, when BDP, De La Soul & Mobb Deep records are considered essence of hip-hop.
    Goat thread. LOL @ niggas from South catching feelings. That;s right. You may sell units, but you're making Britney Spears type worthy music. in 10 years nobody will remember shit, when BDP, De La Soul & Mobb Deep records are considered essence of hip-hop.

Thats cool. do yo thing cause we doin ours. We lovin life and aint thinkin bout nobody else (but obviously everybody thinkin bout us but its all good.

• H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Gimmie Staten Island and I could destroy ever rapper from the Bay Area

I took offense

I'd build a team of:

E-40 (Check Record Haters track)
    Locksmith (check his battles on youtube)
    Yukmouth (undefeated in rap battles)
    Lil B (if you cant figure it out lol @ you)
    A-Wax (knocked the mob figaz off the top of the bay area rap game)

Production:
    DJ Fresh
    Traxamillion
    Tha Mekanix

who you got and we can go track for track, beat for beat.............
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Gimmie Staten Island and I could destroy ever rapper from the Bay Area

I took offense

I'd build a team of:

E-40 (Check Record Haters track)
    Locksmith (check his battles on youtube)
    Yukmouth (undefeated in rap battles)
    Lil B (if you cant figure it out lol @ you)
    A-Wax (knocked the mob figaz off the top of the bay area rap game)

Production:
    DJ Fresh
    Traxamillion
    Tha Mekanix

who you got and we can go track for track, beat for beat.............

Ghostface Killah, Method Man, Gza, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck

Rza, Tru Master & Mathematics on the beats.

Wu Tang Clan is invincible.
  • nycest_1nycest_1 Posts: 1,989
    Its a damn shame the SOUTH had to teach New Yorkers how to win at they own game. If it wasnt for the South NYers would still be stalking record reps handing out demos

i take it you never heard of def jam. dude named russel simmons, his brother, a white boy, a group of white boys and a dude from hollis.
    they started this record label and made the blueprint for other nyc dudes who still run shit
    no one from down south has done what puff and jay-z have done either and those two are sons of russel
    CirocObama wrote: »

Whats funny is im in the south but I feel nothing toward no other region. And whats really funny is its all the same land but hundreds of years ago somebody said this is New York and this is Georgia and this is Texas, California, ets. Its all artificial borders. Ha Ha. Ive been all over and been respected from Georgia. But hey, if you dont know now you know your worrying about something that dont even exist (us vs. them in the same co).untry
    aint shit wrong with having home pride and friendly competitions. When niggas is getting killed (2pac & Biggie) thats when shit gets outta hand. But I dont see it ever getting to that level again.
  • hiphop12345hiphop12345 Posts: 983
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    Its a damn shame the SOUTH had to teach New Yorkers how to win at they own game. If it wasnt for the South NYers would still be stalking record reps handing out demos

i take it you never heard of def jam. dude named russel simmons, his brother, a white boy, a group of white boys and a dude from hollis.
    they started this record label and made the blueprint for other nyc dudes who still run shit
    no one from down south has done what puff and jay-z have done either and those two are sons of russel
    You can go even further back to Sylvia and Joe Robinson who created Sugar Hill records and really showed everybody it can be done.

Also what I always found interesting how people/artist also bragged about selling music out they trunk(harder to do in NY since more people are skeptic), yet these artist all wanted and signed major deals the first chance they got. I thought that Trunk hustle was better money?
  • a_lista_list Posts: 3,682
    nycest_1 wrote: »

You can go even further back to Sylvia and Joe Robinson who created Sugar Hill records and really showed everybody it can be done.

Also what I always found interesting how people/artist also bragged about selling music out they trunk(harder to do in NY since more people are skeptic), yet these artist all wanted and signed major deals the first chance they got. I thought that Trunk hustle was better money?

good shyt...a lot of these cats need to be schooled on labels like cold chillin, first priority, uptown records etc all black owned labels
  • ‘It’s like New York’s been soft ever since Snoop came through and crushed the buildings.’

YouTube-thaDoggPound.jpg

edited June 2012
    ‘It’s like New York’s been soft ever since Snoop came through and crushed the buildings.’

YouTube-thaDoggPound.jpg

LOL, this video was so disrespectful, it's easily the most disrespectful video in the whole East/West beef outside of "Hit em up". But the song is Classic. But here's a little history. Biggie was the 1st person to rap over this beat. DJ Pooh sold the beat to Dogg Pound later. Ironically when they were shooting the video, Biggie called into Hot 97 dissing them and there trailer got shot up causing production to stop. They went back to Cali and used special effects to show they were crushing the building. So again Biggie ripped the beat 1st:

• hiphop12345hiphop12345 Posts: 983
    Fuck New York. whats the purpose of all them names on that map when pretty much every nigga on the IC talks shit about 90% of them Dont cheer on Nas now or act like yall never talked shit about Cappadonna being a cab driver. Thats why I dont give a fuck if you call NY mecca, monglia or mars. It dont mean shit to me. New York is a shithole. smells like pollution. niggas dont have lawns, backyards or drivers licesnces. niggas take pride on being 30 years old still living in the same housing project that they funky ass great grandmammy got when she left the SOUTH. I can breathe that good ol Texas air, get in my truck and drive down a stretch of highway without seeing 10,000 disgruntled motherfuckers walking like drones. Nobody give a fuck about NY no more. I havent heard a nigga say "man i sholl want to move to NY" like in almost 20 years. NY is not poppin no more. That "map" is old now. Southern niggas have cars with GPS and we take flights on southwest airline. I dont need a fucking map to remind me of where it all started. I told you motherfuckers Nebraska and Idaho been had niggas rappin in 1966-67 you think im just sayin that shit to be funny yall gonna see though. Fuck New York

Texas>New York
    Houston>New York City
    Slabs>Trains
    Wide open spaces>Pissy Staircases
    Texas BBQ>that deli bullshit yall be eating

Fuck NYC
    You can always tell when people don't travel. This guy know about NY from Mobb Deep music videos and NY undercover. You say nobody wants to live in NYC but for the 10th straight year NYC won title of the city that people want to live in the most in the U.S. bowdoindailysun.com/2011/11/top-10-cities-where-americans-most-want-to-live-huffington-post/.For kicks the best Dressed city in the Country is of course...ibtimes.com/articles/346871/20120530/worst-dressed-cities-america.htm

This is only two areas in just two boros out of 5 in NYC, and personally they are not even my favorite.
    157825-l.jpg

DSC04761.JPG

BEACH.184.1.650.jpg

2eaa6f9d4468895a4037c69888799931.jpg

163169566_67915fdb32.jpg

4168594534_2382be0b54_o.jpg

BelleHarbor2.jpeg

5793676a.jpg

OB-IV762_nyhodq_H_20100611121043.jpg

BelleHarbor1.jpeg