The Official Prometheus Thread (Release date - June 8, 2012)

Replies

• rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,487
    edited June 2012
    prometheus-trailer.jpg

GRADE (B +) Well It's offical. It was the prequel from the original "Alien" as it answered a lot of questions from the original movie while adding new ones. I thought it was very good, If you are expecting a lot of action this isn't the movie. It's more of a sci-fi Thriller. Again I suggest everyone watching the original "Alien" film before seeing this as it's clear again this is a direct prequel in story to that one. It's hard to a do a review without spoliers so I'll put it in tags overall if you are a fan of the Alien Series and Sci-fi you will enjoy it.

edited June 2012
    ridley-scott-prometheus-space-jockeys.jpg

(SPOILERS DO NO READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE)
    Spoiler:
  • prometheus-trailer.jpg

GRADE (B +) Well It's offical. It was the prequel from the original "Alien" as it answered a lot of questions from the original movie while adding new ones. I thought it was very good, If you are expecting a lot of action this isn't the movie. It's more of a sci-fi Thriller. Again I suggest everyone watching the original "Alien" film before seeing this as it's clear again this is a direct prequel in story to that one. It's hard to a do a review without spoliers so I'll put it in tags overall if you are a fan of the Alien Series and Sci-fi you will enjoy it.

Went to the midnight show last night and I agree, this isn't an all out action flick so it'd be wise to temper any expectations along those lines. However it is a visual feast. Just a flat out beautiful film man. As a big fan of the Alien series (the first two being two of my all time favorites) I thoroughly enjoyed this joint. A lot of nuggets and no doubt is left remaining as to whether this is a prequel or not after viewing it. All kinds of room for a sequel as well, which I'll be rooting for.
  • ridley-scott-prometheus-space-jockeys.jpg

(SPOILERS DO NO READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    edited June 2012
    @Still Cool Beans
    Spoiler:
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,371
    @Still Cool Beans
    Spoiler:

It's not a prequel it's the alien universe but a different story. Some thing do overlap but that's gonna happen when it's the same universe. Fassbender performance stole the show.
  • EscoHovNyGoEscoHovNyGo Posts: 632
    Amazing movie! I ordered the Alien Anthology off Amazon because of how dope prometheus was... See this movie! And fuck Avatar
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 4,762
    @Still Cool Beans
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • redhandedbanditredhandedbandit Posts: 2,598
    Best movie in a few years hoping ridley Scott does the next one if they continue
  • Now y'all make me wanna go back and watch the first one again, just to put the pieces together.
    Best movie in a few years hoping ridley Scott does the next one if they continue

really? I think it was descent, but I went in the movie thinking it was going to be a straight alienfest.

• Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 7,781
    was there alot of gore in this movie?

no
    but the death scenes were pretty ill
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 5,659
    edited June 2012
    just got home from seeing this. the effects and setting blew my fuckin mind. ridley put his ass in this and set the bar for future technological sci-fi movies. it met all my expectations fuck the people that didn't like it.
  • young_belviyoung_belvi Posts: 617
    Smh@ me thinking the big stone statue head was modeled after the faggy god-king dude from 300.
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,371
    memphis10 wrote: »
    Good movie...a little overhyped doe. mind blowing CGI...I can only hope ps4 and next Xbox graphics are this good. is it just me or was the android the most interesting.character?

He was fassbender gave the best performance. I can understand people not liking the movie but some people are saying its terrible that doesn't make sense to me.
    edited June 2012
    eyes low wrote: »
    He was fassbender gave the best performance. I can understand people not liking the movie but some people are saying its terrible that doesn't make sense to me.

Yea David 8 was the best performance but the Andriods in the Alien Series always were good characters. Ash, Bishop and even wynoia ryder. The visuals were crazy once they got on the planet. Are there some plot holes? Sure but I think that was done purposely to set up a new franchise. Everything that his happening is leading up to the 1st Alien. I think people not liking it were expecting some Action Packed sci-fi movie but it's more in the vein of the original "Alien" which was a horror/suspense sci-fi movie. Here is the timeline:

Prometheus - 2093
    Alien - 2122
    Aliens and Alien 3 - 2179
    Alien 4 - 2379

It's obvious there's going to be a Part 2 after this scene:
    Spoiler:

Yea David 8 was the best performance but the Andriods in the Alien Series always were good characters. Ash, Bishop and even wynoia ryder. The visuals were crazy once they got on the planet. Are there some plot holes? Sure but I think that was done purposely to set up a new franchise. Everything that his happening is leading up to the 1st Alien.I think people not liking it weere expecting some Action Packed sci-fi movie but it's more in the vein of the original "Ali en" which was a horror/suspense sci-fi movi. Here is the timeline:

Prometheus - 2093
    Alien - 2122
    Aliens and Alien 3 - 2179
    Alien 4 - 2379

It's obvious there's going to be a Part 2 after this scene:
    Spoiler:

yeah, I was thinking the same. But after watching it again online knowing what i was getting into, i enjoyed it more. And it seems like in every alien movie some androids head is always coming off. lol.

• It's obvious there's going to be a Part 2 after this scene:
    Spoiler:
    i had to laugh when i saw that at the end for people that vehemently denied and disagreed that this was a prequel.
    Spoiler:
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Posts: 5,935
    edited June 2012

rip.dilla wrote: »
    This Fassbender dude is a revelation as an actor

The main actress (Noomi Rapace), is also a good actor

the rest were good also but Charlize Theron had the worst part IMO. She didn't give any dimension to the story

Oh ... and this film >>> AVATAR + INCEPTION by far

memphis10 wrote: »
    Good movie...a little overhyped doe. mind blowing CGI...I can only hope ps4 and next Xbox graphics are this good. is it just me or was the android the most interesting.character?

i told niggas a few months ago in a thread i made...

michael fassbender>>>>>

his performance in x-men: first class was underrated because overall, the movie was kinda hokey in some ways
  • Cot damn @ me being the only one who was feeling the movie out of the niggas i went to go see it with. Dumb ass niggas