Legit Reason's to why Eminem is not top 10 Material.........

17891012

Replies

  • KeepinItHundredKeepinItHundred Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    SSLP - 4 MICS
    MMLP - 3 MICS
    TES - 4 MICS
    E - 2.5 MICS
    Rel - 2.5MICS
    Rec - 3 MICS
    Other Material (D12, Royce, Unreleased, Mixtapes) - 3.5 MICS

    fixed
    Squallgenocidecutter
  • nymvpnymvp Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    HLF wrote:
    $ho wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible

    Explain.........

    ROFL

    EM is the most diverse rapper of all time..

    rap about. killin his mom then rap about being poor. then rapp about addiction ten rap about relationships then rap about fame, then ra about mental problems, everyday struggle...then rap political, then make a comedy song, then make a serial killer song, then make an anthem like lose yourself, then rap about his daughter.. etc..( thats only on 1 album!!!!!!!

    JAY -Z is the most 1 dimsensional rapper of all time

    Lucky Me, This Can't Be Life, D'Evils, 99 Problems, Girls Girls Girls, Friend or Foe (both versions), Lost Ones, Dear Summer. I'm not even gonna keep going...

    seinfeld.gif
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the rofl guy is back
    genocidecutter
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 51,584 Regulator
    great/skilled MC but he just doesnt have a strong enough catalog imo
    genocidecutterSoloman_The_Wiseinfamous114
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look there's shady team
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone should make a thread saying "Legit reasons why ICP are not top ten"
    infamous114Soloman_The_Wisebuttuh_bIn Your Moms Roomsonsofscotland
  • cobblandcobbland Hangin' With The Homeboys (1991) Chicago...Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Too one dimensional and his last three albums were terrible
    Last three albums were terrible??? Hmmm.... 1) Relapse- a little heavy on the accents, still foggy from admitted drug use. Best selling album of 2009, 5 million+ in sales, 2 Grammy awards, unusual, different (then prior releases), creative- Classic tracks- Stay Wide Awake, Hello, 3 am, Same Song and Dance. 2) Recovery-Best selling album of 2010, 6 million + Grammy award for Best rap album, silenced the"he needs Dr. Dre" to be successful critics. Only one track, "So Bad" produced by Dre. Whole album classic all battle raps, only so-so track is the one w Pink. 3) Bad Meets Evil: The Reunion- Open at #1, re-introduced one of the most talented rappers in the game, Royce Da 5'9" to the masses. Best lyrical back and forth sword play since Wu Tang's hey day.

    Not sure what your definition of terrible is, but the facts don't support your thesis. Also, all albums represent different styles and flows. One dimensional is not even up for discussion. In fact, over his career has been more versatile, more creative, taking chances, with more hits then misses then anyone whose ever been in the game. Add to that being the leader and General of raps "Super group", Slaughterhouse, and introducing the hottest new rapper in the game, Yelawolf, to the masses equal only one thing...Marshall Mathers is running the game he is the King now and before he's done will probably be universally regarded as the G.O.A.T.

    All this despite being white, which if you really think about it is a huge obstacle to overcome, not an asset like many like to say. Hence no other legitimate white rapper, until Yelawolf, 15 yrs later.

    Interesting topic, but really reaching and not sure why. Hopefully, its not because of skin color because we all should be over that by now. There is a reason Jay Z, Litl Wayne, Dr.De, all of Slaughterhouse work with this dude. Its because he is extremely talented, raps real shit, not about money, cars, and bling, and works very hard and is passionate about his craft. Hip Hop fans should enjoy and appreciate his talent and work cause it doesn't happen often. The game almost died when he went on sabbatical, sales-wise and he will be missed when he's gone.

    ps- To all you haters go back and listen to "Soldier". If you don't appreciate this track I can't help you. There is a reason why other rappers don't go at him, even though he spits out challenges constantly, because they know they would get slaughtered and would be a bad career move i.e. Cannibus, Jah Rule, Benzino, (milk carton material). He even messed with Mariah's sales for opening up her mouth, with a simple track called "The Warning". Thanks for the time and enjoy the music!!




    lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif
    genocidecutter
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    CainMarko wrote: »
    Not one classic in his catalog.

    Two Diamond albums, no one ever in rap did this. Am I miss interpreting your definition of classic? Please explain, because mine would include game changing, sales, continuity of album and how many songs do you skip while listening. So that would make 3 classics out of 7 albums. Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem Show, and Recovery. Not Bad, in fact, unprecedented!
    classic album = 10 million sold now? I guess Hammer and Vanilla Ice have more classics that all these other rappers, right?
    genocidecutterIn Your Moms Room
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 51,584 Regulator
    cant have a EM thread without shady
    genocidecutterROZAYTABERNACLE
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Recovery being a classic
    In Your Moms Room
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Recovery being a classic

    I see you nosigning my post
    In Your Moms Roomsonsofscotland
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Recovery being a classic

    I see you nosigning my post

    Yea...cause we don't need an ICP thread that everyone will shit on you for your taste
    genocidecutterSoloman_The_Wise
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant have a EM thread without shady
    or the wonder twins
    Bender Rodriguez
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    where's his classic?
    or, where's his 5 mic album? lol even Kim got a 5 mic album, and the dirty word "Lauryn Hill", she got a 5 mic album? the only thing Eminem recorded that's worth talking about is MMLP, other than that, he should never be mentioned in a top 10 debate.

    ok let me pick apart this statement...you ask where's his classic, where's his 5 mics? so and you can correct me on this..the only magazine i knew of that gave out "5 mics" was "the source", and XXL (i think)...well we know the source creditiability went out the window decades ago, and some would say XXL played favorites as well...so you want someone to use this grading system from a magazine or magazines who werent given out fare judgement on an artist and album???.....

    and the slim shady lp was a classic...if u cant related, or just a troll then whats the point of you coming in here....like i said before...

    most katz on the net dont relate to 90% of the rappers u listen to..u dont sell drugs, u dont ride on 24s, and i seriously doubt you're gangsta....so stop it.

    .............
    complex magazine look back on the slim shady lp...calling it a rap masterpiece.

    http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/complex-classics-a-look-back-at-eminems-the-slim-shady-lp/page/2
    SSLP was him bitching about his baby mama drama, him abusing drugs, his mommy issues, his kid and him getting his ass whoop by dangelo baily,,,,
    he has no classics...he had lyrics for about 3 or 4 yrs but the pop artists he despised, he turned into

    Listen to Recovery, again. Lyrical word play unparallelled in today's game. No pop hits at all. Every song has meaning, except for WTP. But that joints fun-"You the baddest little chain with the blades I ever saw
    Cold slaw containers, empty straw wrappers and all;You got more junk in your trunk than I do in my car!" How's that for lyrics. Almost every song is a battle rap, but you gotta listen to the words. And how many of you knew that he was talking about Hip Hop and not Kim in " 25yrs to life" ? Funny how alot of you on here dismiss him but don't back it up with anything intangible. Remember "Renegade" ? Even Nas said Em killed Jay Z and he did. If he;s not top 10 then the list does not exist....

    SHADYTEAM?!?!?!
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Recovery being a classic

    I see you nosigning my post

    Yea...cause we don't need an ICP thread that everyone will shit on you for your taste

    Yeah we do this site needs more variety in hip-hop.
    In Your Moms Room
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    where's his classic?
    or, where's his 5 mic album? lol even Kim got a 5 mic album, and the dirty word "Lauryn Hill", she got a 5 mic album? the only thing Eminem recorded that's worth talking about is MMLP, other than that, he should never be mentioned in a top 10 debate.

    ok let me pick apart this statement...you ask where's his classic, where's his 5 mics? so and you can correct me on this..the only magazine i knew of that gave out "5 mics" was "the source", and XXL (i think)...well we know the source creditiability went out the window decades ago, and some would say XXL played favorites as well...so you want someone to use this grading system from a magazine or magazines who werent given out fare judgement on an artist and album???.....

    and the slim shady lp was a classic...if u cant related, or just a troll then whats the point of you coming in here....like i said before...

    most katz on the net dont relate to 90% of the rappers u listen to..u dont sell drugs, u dont ride on 24s, and i seriously doubt you're gangsta....so stop it.

    .............
    complex magazine look back on the slim shady lp...calling it a rap masterpiece.

    http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/complex-classics-a-look-back-at-eminems-the-slim-shady-lp/page/2
    SSLP was him bitching about his baby mama drama, him abusing drugs, his mommy issues, his kid and him getting his ass whoop by dangelo baily,,,,
    he has no classics...he had lyrics for about 3 or 4 yrs but the pop artists he despised, he turned into

    Listen to Recovery, again. Lyrical word play unparallelled in today's game. No pop hits at all. Every song has meaning, except for WTP. But that joints fun-"You the baddest little chain with the blades I ever saw
    Cold slaw containers, empty straw wrappers and all;You got more junk in your trunk than I do in my car!" How's that for lyrics. Almost every song is a battle rap, but you gotta listen to the words. And how many of you knew that he was talking about Hip Hop and not Kim in " 25yrs to life" ? Funny how alot of you on here dismiss him but don't back it up with anything intangible. Remember "Renegade" ? Even Nas said Em killed Jay Z and he did. If he;s not top 10 then the list does not exist....

    I stopped reading after this
    DMTxTHCSoloman_The_Wisesonsofscotland
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    HLF wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Just beautiful....

    Explain? Dont come in here with that racist tapes shit please.

    Why not it is a legitimate reason that and the rape, pedophile, kill your wife and or moms shit all are all as legit a reasons as anything else....
    HLF wrote: »
    No its not legit. The dude is not racist as much as u want him to be
    are you personally interacting with him on a dailey basis to the point where you can say that from personal experience or are you saying that because that is how you feel about him???
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    ll
    HLF wrote:
    No its not legit. The dude is not racist as much as u want him to be
    cial

    THIS

    he made all HIS BLACK FRIENDS MILLIONAIRES(d12)

    he helped 50 and g-unit attain financial success


    You kats act like he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and has no vested interest in it. Making them rich is only a perception do you knw for sure anyone in d12 is a millionaire? Eminem takes a larger cut of any project or show money from them because they are under him. The whole record industry is a pyramid schemes of who you know and favors. DO not get the smoke and mirror treatment 50 cent made himself rich by properly parlaying his money and diversifying his investments and income streams he did it more so by enslaving others underneath him in the the pyramid scheme called Interscope...
    HLF wrote: »
    Oh word b, we giving dude a pass for saying nigger?

    Had it been in his ADULT life I wouldnt be. It wasnt so being the human being that I am. I will

    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    ll
    HLF wrote:
    No its not legit. The dude is not racist as much as u want him to be
    cial

    THIS

    he made all HIS BLACK FRIENDS MILLIONAIRES(d12)

    he helped 50 and g-unit attain financial success


    You kats act like he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and has no vested interest in it. Making them rich is only a perception do you knw for sure anyone in d12 is a millionaire? Eminem takes a larger cut of any project or show money from them because they are under him. The whole record industry is a pyramid schemes of who you know and favors. DO not get the smoke and mirror treatment 50 cent made himself rich by properly parlaying his money and diversifying his investments and income streams he did it more so by enslaving others underneath him in the the pyramid scheme called Interscope...

    Im sure they arent millionaires but he's givin them an outlet instead of taking that deal with Interscope and dipping the fuck out not giving a shit. Right? He didnt have to give any of them niggas anything right? He didnt have to sign 50, Royce, Slaughterhouse or Yelawolf. Im pretty sure he knew he wasnt going to gain much outta signing SH or Yelawolf with the industry being the way it is but he did it anyway. You dont see Nas signing anybody do you?

    But he does simply off of shows and appearances but the larger the named roster the more you can command for shows and even shows he does not perform at bet he gets a cut of it all. You hear about these artist signing 360 deals where all money is shared but most of you do not get that is pretty mu ch a given these days you sell your soul, name and Image rights to a label that fronts you money then pimps you to make back their investment plus some...
    HLF wrote: »
    HLF wrote: »
    Oh word b, we giving dude a pass for saying nigger?

    Had it been in his ADULT life I wouldnt be. It wasnt so being the human being that I am. I will

    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    ll
    HLF wrote:
    No its not legit. The dude is not racist as much as u want him to be
    cial

    THIS

    he made all HIS BLACK FRIENDS MILLIONAIRES(d12)

    he helped 50 and g-unit attain financial success


    You kats act like he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart and has no vested interest in it. Making them rich is only a perception do you knw for sure anyone in d12 is a millionaire? Eminem takes a larger cut of any project or show money from them because they are under him. The whole record industry is a pyramid schemes of who you know and favors. DO not get the smoke and mirror treatment 50 cent made himself rich by properly parlaying his money and diversifying his investments and income streams he did it more so by enslaving others underneath him in the the pyramid scheme called Interscope...

    Im sure they arent millionaires but he's givin them an outlet instead of taking that deal with Interscope and dipping the fuck out not giving a shit. Right? He didnt have to give any of them niggas anything right? He didnt have to sign 50, Royce, Slaughterhouse or Yelawolf. Im pretty sure he knew he wasnt going to gain much outta signing SH or Yelawolf with the industry being the way it is but he did it anyway. You dont see Nas signing anybody do you?

    But he does simply off of shows and appearances but the larger the named roster the more you can command for shows and even shows he does not perform at bet he gets a cut of it all. You hear about these artist signing 360 deals where all money is shared but most of you do not get that is pretty mu ch a given these days you sell your soul, name and Image rights to a label that fronts you money then pimps you to make back their investment plus some...

    U didnt answer shit I asked bruh. If his named was actually earning them money it would show off of album sales. Its not

    naw fam it just went over your head you got the blinders on and are missing the point of my post. Detach yourself from how you feel or have been told to feel about Emninem and look at it strictly from a business perspective. Does Eminem make more or Less money by signing People? Does he increase his chances of signing major talent(Like 50 Love or Hate him he made Interscope some money) and whoever they have under him or does he just remain a solo artist(dre in this case) under someone else who is pimpin him and getting paid. Eminem has a vested fiscal interest in signing these new artists it is not a favor to them hell none of seen the deals they have for all we know they are just barely getting better then the TLC treatment(TLC went bank rupt because they were getting 3 cents on the dollar to split between the 3 of them and paying back their advances while having the number pop and r&B album when multi millions in sales were still common...
    I am not a fan of Dude so I look from a outside in view of economic gain and relevance. Labels sign new artists to diversify and draw new fans while still giving attention to their money makers. He signed people witha buzz that help him regain relevance and again command more from shows then again like any businessman he also makes money off of his new investments the shit is not rocket science fam. If it was just for HipHop he would take no cut of anything from them and do it just for HipHop cause he so loves the culture. But you I know in the real world that is not the case he is like many through out history is breaking bread on the backs of others...
    StewIn Your Moms Room
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    HLF wrote: »
    HLF wrote: »
    I am not a fan of Dude so I look from a outside in view of economic gain and relevance. Labels sign new artists to diversify and draw new fans while still giving attention to their money makers. He signed people witha buzz that help him regain relevance and again command more from shows then again like any businessman he also makes money off of his new investments the shit is not rocket science fam. If it was just for HipHop he would take no cut of anything from them and do it just for HipHop cause he so loves the culture. But you I know in the real world that is not the case he is like many through out history is breaking bread on the backs of others...

    Duh, so your opinion is kinda irrelevant

    Nobody does that

    So because I am not a fan my opinion does not matter? Where does that qualifier come into playat inthis thread premise? Your whole position has been one based on discounting other opinions and facts. You want views to be excluded based on whether they like or dislike eminem but you raised the question of why people would not hold him in a high spot so asked why we scrutinize and do not hold him in the same regard as you. Now either you want the answers or not. You basically have created a position of absolute where no one can respond because we must exclude out personal collection of feelings, opinions and facts. As a non fan I am not biased by being induated with his music I can and do speak objectively while presentingto you logical reasons not only for him being a racist in part or at the heart but also for signing other acts and I base this on rudimentry industry knowledge. I do not get the sparkles in the eyes for these kats like wome yall do so I say it honestly and frankly fam love it or hate it...

    Hold on playa, I have already respected others opinions of why he's not in there top 10. You are biased because you think he's a racist. I think thats a cop out but whatever. Agree to disagree.

    I think once a child molester always a child molestor once a rapist always a rapist once a racist always a racist once an addict always an addict. Can you be a recovering whatever sure maybe he is a recovering racist and only exploits balck music superficially in lyrics or maybe he got smarter like raicsts of the past keeps his worforce happy while still staying seperate. Plenty of closet racists ou there that have to for fiscal reasons work with people they would prefer not to...

    Not a cop just one legitmate reason many of his detractors hold against him, then you can go into the screachy whiny voice or the incessant talk of violence or insults against his mom or ex or some pop star that in most case will not defend themselves(Mariah held her own LOL). His limited range in subject matter and corny topics when not being a psycho on wax. All legitmate reasons to not hold him in esteem or a elite spot. But like you said to each his own I see bigger pictures then the average fan...
    HLF wrote: »
    HLF wrote: »
    HLF wrote: »
    I am not a fan of Dude so I look from a outside in view of economic gain and relevance. Labels sign new artists to diversify and draw new fans while still giving attention to their money makers. He signed people witha buzz that help him regain relevance and again command more from shows then again like any businessman he also makes money off of his new investments the shit is not rocket science fam. If it was just for HipHop he would take no cut of anything from them and do it just for HipHop cause he so loves the culture. But you I know in the real world that is not the case he is like many through out history is breaking bread on the backs of others...

    Duh, so your opinion is kinda irrelevant

    Nobody does that

    So because I am not a fan my opinion does not matter? Where does that qualifier come into playat inthis thread premise? Your whole position has been one based on discounting other opinions and facts. You want views to be excluded based on whether they like or dislike eminem but you raised the question of why people would not hold him in a high spot so asked why we scrutinize and do not hold him in the same regard as you. Now either you want the answers or not. You basically have created a position of absolute where no one can respond because we must exclude out personal collection of feelings, opinions and facts. As a non fan I am not biased by being induated with his music I can and do speak objectively while presentingto you logical reasons not only for him being a racist in part or at the heart but also for signing other acts and I base this on rudimentry industry knowledge. I do not get the sparkles in the eyes for these kats like wome yall do so I say it honestly and frankly fam love it or hate it...

    Hold on playa, I have already respected others opinions of why he's not in there top 10. You are biased because you think he's a racist. I think thats a cop out but whatever. Agree to disagree.

    I think once a child molester always a child molestor once a rapist always a rapist once a racist always a racist once an addict always an addict. Can you be a recovering whatever sure maybe he is a recovering racist and only exploits balck music superficially in lyrics or maybe he got smarter like racists of the past keeps his workforce happy while still staying seperate. Plenty of closet racists ou there that have to for fiscal reasons work with people they would prefer not to...

    Not a cop just one legitmate reason many of his detractors hold against him, then you can go into the screachy whiny voice or the incessant talk of violence or insults against his mom or ex or some pop star that in most case will not defend themselves(Mariah held her own LOL). His limited range in subject matter and corny topics when not being a psycho on wax. All legitmate reasons to not hold him in esteem or a elite spot. But like you said to each his own I see bigger pictures then the average fan...


    U cant be a legit racist as a teenager. Thats a fact, I dont care what u think. smh at u comparing a child molester to a teenager who made a mistake. Thats why I dont take you and a handfull of other posters post serious about Em. Carry on pimp.

    You couldve easily said what you said what you said in your 2nd paragraph about him and I wouldve given you the respect quote but naaaah mr militant had to jump in lol all good homie.

    What the hell you mean you cannot be a legit racists as a teenager that is like saying you cannot be a legit Gangbanger as a teenager or a Legit Dealer or a legit pimp or a legit rapper or worker etc. Your argument would hold more weight for a preteen, as a teenager is pretty engrained in their thought processes at that point. Can they reform or be in recovery from the past detrimental mentalities yes but that does not mean they do most just become functioning as they gather more knowledge on how to maintain both the world around them and their views. Nothing militant about it I speak from a social and spiritual side also which again to me dude lacks legitmacy in those areas...

    Shut down posts for the Hypocrisy being used in this thread in regards to disqualifers used on the explanations of why Folks are not feeling Eminem...
    genocidecutterStew
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Shit even Biggie did a song w Em. So I guess he's on the team.

    Hold the fuck up. Dead Wrong had a featured verse by Eminem, but was released years after Biggie died, and Biggie had nothing to do with that song...so Biggie didn't do a song with Eminem.

    Lol @ Biggie being part of that team.

    Get Money>>>any D12 song.
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    where's his classic?
    or, where's his 5 mic album? lol even Kim got a 5 mic album, and the dirty word "Lauryn Hill", she got a 5 mic album? the only thing Eminem recorded that's worth talking about is MMLP, other than that, he should never be mentioned in a top 10 debate.

    ok let me pick apart this statement...you ask where's his classic, where's his 5 mics? so and you can correct me on this..the only magazine i knew of that gave out "5 mics" was "the source", and XXL (i think)...well we know the source creditiability went out the window decades ago, and some would say XXL played favorites as well...so you want someone to use this grading system from a magazine or magazines who werent given out fare judgement on an artist and album???.....

    and the slim shady lp was a classic...if u cant related, or just a troll then whats the point of you coming in here....like i said before...

    most katz on the net dont relate to 90% of the rappers u listen to..u dont sell drugs, u dont ride on 24s, and i seriously doubt you're gangsta....so stop it.

    .............
    complex magazine look back on the slim shady lp...calling it a rap masterpiece.

    http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/complex-classics-a-look-back-at-eminems-the-slim-shady-lp/page/2
    SSLP was him bitching about his baby mama drama, him abusing drugs, his mommy issues, his kid and him getting his ass whoop by dangelo baily,,,,
    he has no classics...he had lyrics for about 3 or 4 yrs but the pop artists he despised, he turned into

    Listen to Recovery, again. Lyrical word play unparallelled in today's game. No pop hits at all. Every song has meaning, except for WTP. But that joints fun-"You the baddest little chain with the blades I ever saw
    Cold slaw containers, empty straw wrappers and all;You got more junk in your trunk than I do in my car!" How's that for lyrics. Almost every song is a battle rap, but you gotta listen to the words. And how many of you knew that he was talking about Hip Hop and not Kim in " 25yrs to life" ? Funny how alot of you on here dismiss him but don't back it up with anything intangible. Remember "Renegade" ? Even Nas said Em killed Jay Z and he did. If he;s not top 10 then the list does not exist....

    SHADYTEAM?!?!?!

    Interesting comeback... but I guess thats about all you got to stand on when looking for legit reasons to not put one of the G.O.A.T.'s in your top ten. I guess the Shadyteam consists of the most influential producer in rap's history, Dr. Dre, and the his peers like Litl Wayne, TIP, all of the great lyricist in Slaughterhouse, Jay Z, NAS. Shit even Biggie did a song w Em. So I guess he's on the team. I think my team has alot more knowledge and credibility in the rap game then your NOSHADYTEAM!?!?! does.

    ps- No need to respond, like Slim and Slaughterhouse said GAME OVER!!!!

    lol are you doing the pretend to not be shadyteam gag again?
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigKegs wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    where's his classic?
    or, where's his 5 mic album? lol even Kim got a 5 mic album, and the dirty word "Lauryn Hill", she got a 5 mic album? the only thing Eminem recorded that's worth talking about is MMLP, other than that, he should never be mentioned in a top 10 debate.

    ok let me pick apart this statement...you ask where's his classic, where's his 5 mics? so and you can correct me on this..the only magazine i knew of that gave out "5 mics" was "the source", and XXL (i think)...well we know the source creditiability went out the window decades ago, and some would say XXL played favorites as well...so you want someone to use this grading system from a magazine or magazines who werent given out fare judgement on an artist and album???.....

    and the slim shady lp was a classic...if u cant related, or just a troll then whats the point of you coming in here....like i said before...

    most katz on the net dont relate to 90% of the rappers u listen to..u dont sell drugs, u dont ride on 24s, and i seriously doubt you're gangsta....so stop it.

    .............
    complex magazine look back on the slim shady lp...calling it a rap masterpiece.

    http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/complex-classics-a-look-back-at-eminems-the-slim-shady-lp/page/2
    SSLP was him bitching about his baby mama drama, him abusing drugs, his mommy issues, his kid and him getting his ass whoop by dangelo baily,,,,
    he has no classics...he had lyrics for about 3 or 4 yrs but the pop artists he despised, he turned into

    Listen to Recovery, again. Lyrical word play unparallelled in today's game. No pop hits at all. Every song has meaning, except for WTP. But that joints fun-"You the baddest little chain with the blades I ever saw
    Cold slaw containers, empty straw wrappers and all;You got more junk in your trunk than I do in my car!" How's that for lyrics. Almost every song is a battle rap, but you gotta listen to the words. And how many of you knew that he was talking about Hip Hop and not Kim in " 25yrs to life" ? Funny how alot of you on here dismiss him but don't back it up with anything intangible. Remember "Renegade" ? Even Nas said Em killed Jay Z and he did. If he;s not top 10 then the list does not exist....

    downloader.php
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist and Logician Hitler's VaginaPosts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Why do you not share some of that hate with the plethora of black rappers who publicly degrade, humiliate and disrespect black women more than Eminem ever has?

    Seems like you're just looking for trivial illogical reasons to hate the guy unless you do so.

  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the people who hate him because he is wack?
    genocidecutterIn Your Moms RoomNothingButTheTruthDMTxTHC
  • Queens FinestQueens Finest Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Exactly! How the fuck is emnem racist when he tries so hard to be accepted into black culture. I hate to say this shit, but there's a ton of racist niggas on this board....I hate racism, b.
    genocidecutterROZAYTABERNACLE
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the merger...
Sign In or Register to comment.