So i Just got a Semi.....Boondocks Season 4 soon come

13»

Replies

• nawledge_godnawledge_god Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. Chiraq RefugeePosts: 3,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard Season 3 Was Trash....Any Truth To This?
    dwade206Topps
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I remember thinking season 3 was trash at the time, and stopped watching. I'm watching now on Zune, and aside from that dumb dodge ball episode, its been on point....so far. I see where people coming from on both sides. There was also a big gap between season 2 and season 3. Maybe people just over hyped it in they mind or had moved on since it was gone so long and wasn't invested anymore...so it seemed like it fell off.
    jsnowprointhacut
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 46,847 Regulator
    Ted Turner should have told TP to take a swan dive off the kings tower, can't believe TP punked ted turner with threatening to run off with House Of Payne over a cartoon. look who's still here!!!

focusMR.CJ
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 3 was good to me.

Maybe some of yall didnt get the references??
    dwade206Toppsbdbdbd
  • bdbdbdbdbdbd Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I remember thinking season 3 was trash at the time, and stopped watching. I watching now, and aside from that dumb dodge ball episode, its been on point....so far. I see where people coming from on both sides. There was also a big gap between season 2 and season 3. Maybe people just over hyped it in they mind or had moved on since it was gone so long and wasn't invested anymore...so it seemed like it fell off.
    man i felt the same about the dodgeball ep...except the dodgeball game/action scenes were the shit
    focus
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    I remember thinking season 3 was trash at the time, and stopped watching. I watching now, and aside from that dumb dodge ball episode, its been on point....so far. I see where people coming from on both sides. There was also a big gap between season 2 and season 3. Maybe people just over hyped it in they mind or had moved on since it was gone so long and wasn't invested anymore...so it seemed like it fell off.
    man i felt the same about the dodgeball ep...except the dodgeball game/action scenes were the shit

Damn, co-sign bruh. I like when The Boondocks goes into fighting/action/anime scenes. Its still one of the best looking animated shows on TV and mixing the anime with the black culture themes is nice.
    bdbdbd
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭
    The fundraiser is the funniest one to me....season 3 was just as good as 1 & 2 IMO....any word on when S4 will start?
  • young chadyoung chad Posts: 1,771
    I remember when I first started watching this, not a lot of my friends were on it. It was some shit I would catch on TV and straight up DIE laughing. Then Season 2 took a while to come up, but for the most part it was on point comedically. By then my friends and the general public had caught on and like homey said the social commentary was turned down but it still had some mass appeal. By Season 3 it seemed like the hype had outmatched the product..I don't think it would've been humanly possible to meet such high expectations from such a gigantic audience with short attention spans. Couple that with the amount of time it took to get season 3 AND the announcement that it was the final season and boom..recipe for disaster. I felt like the Fund Raiser episode was one of the funnier ones from any of the seasons though!
    jsnowprodnyce215
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,858 Regulator
    young chad wrote: »
    I remember when I first started watching this, not a lot of my friends were on it. It was some shit I would catch on TV and straight up DIE laughing. Then Season 2 took a while to come up, but for the most part it was on point comedically. By then my friends and the general public had caught on and like homey said the social commentary was turned down but it still had some mass appeal. By Season 3 it seemed like the hype had outmatched the product..I don't think it would've been humanly possible to meet such high expectations from such a gigantic audience with short attention spans. Couple that with the amount of time it took to get season 3 AND the announcement that it was the final season and boom..recipe for disaster. I felt like the Fund Raiser episode was one of the funnier ones from any of the seasons though!

The general public didn't just catch on the The Boondocks...I think people often forget it was a very successful comic strip...if the lack of social commentary in some of the episodes bother's ya'll this much then I can't imagine how ya'll dealt with the random ass things that would happen in the comic strip
  • dogfromduckhuntdogfromduckhunt Posts: 567 ✭✭✭
    hard to stick with the show with the time between seasons, but i hope this is what theyre bringning back the toonami block for. Feels like it's been years since I've watched a show on CN.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    young chad wrote: »

South Park goin' through the same shit...Thing is, once you start the political satire and social commentary, you sort of have to carry on with it...SP started off as shock humour...Developed in the the GOAT America parody...then when they try to be shockin' again...no one rates..Family Guy may have the same issue, since the new season has some deep issues in it...
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 50,779 Regulator
    i think the hype of season 3 took away from the show.. it wasn't a great season....but it was still a fun show to watch
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after a fucking year of being in works there's still no start date??
  • Mister B.Mister B. The IC'sTeacher...learn some shit! Posts: 9,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 3...trash? Bullshit.

1) The kickball episode = GOAT animation.

2) The Hateocracy was funny as shit.

3) The Tyler Perry episode was damn near GOAT. That nigga's soul was in flames after that came out.

4) The Fund-Raiser shit was classic as hell.

5) I also fucked with the Ruckus family episode and Mr. Medical. Hell, even the Fried Chicken Flu episode was nice.

Now, were there wack ones? Yeah:

That fucking Jimmy Rebel shit was even funny. Just...disturbing.

Wasn't feeling the Ebony Brown shit, or the Lando Freeman episode (tho them on Steve Wilkos was hilarious)

Overall, the season was far from wack. As good as Seasons 1 or 2? Nah. But wack...Nah.
    dwade206Topps
  • Stomp JohnsonStomp Johnson Full Of Smoke Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boondocks can do no wrong in my eyes. Maybe because I was SUCH a heavy head of the comic strip that at times I STILL find myself in awe of how well it transitioned into an animated series.

Season 3 to me is actually on par with the rest. Hopefully Caesar gets some shine in Season 4. After all this time tho, I won't be holding my breath.
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 50,779 Regulator
    catcher freeman was some funny shit IMO....

and that bad ass little boy on that michael myers shit... smoking with cigarets..
  • BlackxChildBlackxChild Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 3 was pretty good It had the tyler perry episode, the fundraiser, the booty warrior episode, I thought the revenge of stinkmeaner had some cool action scenes.
  • goodlookinoutgoodlookinout WestCoastin Ya Bish Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fundraiser was epic.
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fundraiser and tyler perry goat eps
  • mdcu16mdcu16 Posts: 297
    No scheduled air date yet?
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    black dynamite>>>>
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotdyum that TP episode had me in tears. I've never seen someone get ethered so bad.

Season 3 was alright. it wasn't huff but it didn't live up to the expectations of the first 2 seasons. Better than half the other shit out that year.
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 51,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    that webbie shit got to be on the new season
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    The Fundraiser was epic.

especially when they use the Only Built for Cuban Links interlude reference
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they're gonna make an episode about obama alone and probably about niggas getting shot over shoes
13»