In about 50 years God will be phased out.

God-I_Am_EtherGod-I_Am_Ether Posts: 3,409
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I think this is a good thing don't you?

Replies

• ShizlanskyShizlansky Nothing better then being a father. Posts: 21,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 years no

500 years maybe.
    SleepwalkingInJapanatribecalledgabiStoneColdMikey
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, how many people gen X Y and Z go to religious services regularly?
  • SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never thought about it, but yea...too many ppl already are living young wild n free... YOLO... giving no fucks so in 50 years when we're all old heads the youth wont be bible huggin at all
  • LUClENLUClEN Sociologist. Logician. Champion Lova Babylon Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was bound to happen sooner or later.

The thing about that though, is whenever something like that is conquered or defeated, something new takes it's place.

I wonder what the general public will replace religion with.

I hope it is science, but this species has let me down too many times for me to be certain that we will take that path.
  • VIBEVIBE Aww! It's a new day, yes, it is! Posts: 42,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will advance in technology and grow to understand there isn't a higher power and we are god, in 100 years god will sit along with myths such as; Santa, Easter Bunny, Leprachans, Nessie etc and will be laughable.
  • ChromaStonedChromaStoned Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    muslims dont appear to be slowing any
    StoneColdMikeya.mann
  • lighthearted26lighthearted26 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have an inherent need to believe in something bigger than themselves so I don't think believing in god will be phased out. Its a natural instinct but organized religion will differ.
    kingblaze84Shuffington
  • Jameson_Porcupine Jameson_Porcupine Vox Populi Posts: 19,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The existence of God can't be proven or disproven, either you believe or you don't.
    edited June 2012
    I believe in a higher power, not necessarily god. I feel we are put here to fend for ourselves and god/the devil is within..

Seriously, once it came out that priests were playin butt games with kids in the church it made it hard to believe in bullshit like the church, the bible and prayer.
    BK Product
  • God-I_Am_EtherGod-I_Am_Ether Posts: 3,409
    SleepwalkingInJapan
    6:51PM Posts: 751
    never thought about it, but yea...too many ppl already are living young wild n free... YOLO... giving no fucks so in 50 years when we're all old heads the youth wont be bible huggin at all

Believing in God doesn't determine if one lives wild and free.
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe in a higher power, not necessarily god. I feel we are put here to fend for ourselves and god/the devil is within..

Seriously, once it came out that priests were playin butt games with kids in the church it made it hard to believe in bullshit like the church, the bible and prayer.

You won't believe the power that the Catholic church lost in the last 20 years. More people are leaving organized religion cause it is proven that it doesn't hold people accountable to their actions or their irrational thinking. There are more women that are turning atheist now. Imagine that? That Catholic Church scandal is just the beginning. Once these baby boomers go out of this society, imagine how shit is gonna be.
  • God-I_Am_EtherGod-I_Am_Ether Posts: 3,409
    [quoteSleepwalkingInJapan
    7:40PM Posts: 752
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum][/quote]
    Again morals have nothing to do with God.

egzIT.png

Do the research. Non religous countries Tend to have the least amount of crime.
    u know what i mean bruh

• zombiezombie Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Yeah, how many people gen X Y and Z go to religious services regularly?

Going to church and believing in god are 2 different things god is not going away
    redhandedbandit
  • JokerKingJokerKing Вони виявили, Ваш номер STATION в рамках цієї спільноти! Watching Jimmy Fallon With Barbara GordonPosts: 27,601 Regulator
    Aliens will prove to be the true God in 50 years
  • NIKE...NIKE... Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this thread already and did it without leading off with a video...

Nigga you weak
    BlackxChild
  • Judge_JudahJudge_Judah Shami yasharahla Ahayah ahlahayahnawa Ahayah achaad BabylonPosts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life as we know it is going to be TOTALLY different within 20 years. People are going to WISH they knew God real soon.....
    blackdemoVIBEInglewood_BKnives AmilliBlackxChilddamnkp
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 11,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have an inherent need to believe in something bigger than themselves so I don't think believing in god will be phased out. Its a natural instinct but organized religion will differ.

I agree. People will always believe in a god of some sort. I do hope religion dies out though.
  • kingblaze84kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopPosts: 11,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Wild Self wrote: »

You won't believe the power that the Catholic church lost in the last 20 years. More people are leaving organized religion cause it is proven that it doesn't hold people accountable to their actions or their irrational thinking. There are more women that are turning atheist now. Imagine that? That Catholic Church scandal is just the beginning. Once these baby boomers go out of this society, imagine how shit is gonna be.

I agree, the Catholic Church has been one if the biggest reasons people are leaving the church and religion altogether. Religion has lost its influence in most societies, and that's a good thing. The Bible has done a lot to poison the minds of society, ask Columbus and Hitler.
    KAMP_KAOS
  • (UNKNOWN)(UNKNOWN) Posts: 787
    Im shocked he been around this long
    Craig RobinsonVIBEJ. DanielsKAMP_KAOS
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yall niggas on da internet to much... niggas gone believe in God till the end of time... cuz life ends one day 4 all us and if u think "nothing happens" then life has no meaning... and do u think that if 2billion plus people find out that "nothing happens" total chaos won't happen?
    -Vincenzo-
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, humans are too foolish to let go of such foolish notions.