Official 2012 NBA Off Season Thread

Replies

• BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 28,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    god dammit my nigga Super Cool Beas went to da fuckin Lakers good pick up but i cant root for him anymore smfh
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are letting season ticket holders have "tryouts" Thursday at the draft party to christen their first ever practice gym
    $pyda wrote: »
    lmao at all the airballs and the random clip of the big mac

lol they wasnt right for doin dat to Boris
    Dead @ axel, these niggas can't even hit open lay ops. I might as well fax my resume to the niggas over there.

shit if the GM's son can make da team we all got a shot lol
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 54,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The general consensus around the NBA is that Ray Allen will sign with Miami. "Barring a change, he'll join the Heat," said a league source.
    Hotnikelzinfamous114
  • HotnikelzHotnikelz Posts: 430
    god dammit my nigga Super Cool Beas went to da fuckin Lakers good pick up but i cant root for him anymore smfh

since when?

• kacee139kacee139 Minister of Information (UFO) Gardena, Ca 90249Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotnikelz wrote: »

since when?

Michael Beasley Back on the Radar for the Lakers? Written by Ryan Ward

Before the horn sounded on the NBA trade deadline back on March 15, the Los Angeles Lakers were on the verge of acquiring small forward Michael Beasley. With the Lakers in desperate need of scoring off the bench and solid outside shooting, Beasley was thought to be one the missing pieces to the puzzle in Los Angeles.

Unfortunately, with about five minutes left before the deadline, the Minnesota Timberwolves pulled the plug on the deal that would’ve sent Beasley to the Lakers.

Now that the NBA off-season has begun for the Lakers and the Timberwolves, the trade rumors and free agent speculation has started to heat up with Beasley potentially landing on the open market. With the consensus being that the Lakers will trade Pau Gasol and let forwards Matt Barnes and Troy Murphy leave via free agency, Los Angeles will be pursuing frontcourt help over the summer.

That being said, Beasley fits the bill for the Lakers. With Los Angeles already showing interest in the 23-year-old heading towards the trade deadline, the team might revisit trying to acquire the forward via free agency.

According to Mark Medina of the L.A. Times, the Lakers might be able to sign Beasley for the mini-midlevel:

“Considering his recent performance, it’s possible that his market value would fall below the $6.9 million he made last season. Perhaps the Lakers could pick him up with a mini-midlevel ($3 million) contract or as part of a larger trade package.”

There’s no indication what the market will be for Beasley over the summer or how much interest the Timberwolves has in retaining him, but the Lakers could show serious interest. Minnesota might consider letting Beasley sign elsewhere over the summer with rookie Derrick Williams being the future of the small forward position for the Timberwolves.

The addition of Beasley would address many different needs for the Lakers moving forward. Beasley’s scoring punch off the bench, size and youth at 23-years-old are all attributes the Lakers are looking to improve upon in the off-season.
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Considering his recent performance, it’s possible that his market value would fall below the $6.9 million he made last season. Perhaps the Lakers could pick him up with a mini-midlevel ($3 million) contract or as part of a larger trade package.”

no way is beasley taking a pay cut

since when?

it was reported on twitter they was trynna make a Jordan Hill for Michael Beasley sign nd trade deal nd wanted it complete some time in July
  • goodlookinoutgoodlookinout You Bitch You Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben Gordon and Kemba basically the same player same skill set. Has to be another move on the horizon.
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Kemba walker look like a midget out there and he do the same step bacc move everytime never was impressed wit walkers game,gordon is a way better shooter

Ben a career 40% 3 point shooter and can get buckets,he has the most 40 point games in bulls history besides mike

He slumped in Detroit cuz Detroit is trash and he wasn't utilized right his shot attempts went down

• its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

since when?

it was reported on twitter they was trynna make a Jordan Hill for Michael Beasley sign nd trade deal nd wanted it complete some time in July

Minnesota is going to be a problem
    freshb651
    Ben Gordon and Kemba basically the same player same skill set. Has to be another move on the horizon.

it was more about getting that extra draft pick. the trade wasn't so much about getting Ben Gordon. Although he's a better 3pt shooter than maggette, which is something the coach has said he wants.
  • DaBullDaBull Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ co-sign, if the t-wolves get a legit 2-guard, they will be contenders for 5 years at least, i think they will offer $60 milli to harden next year to try and get him to leave OKC
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kacee139 wrote: »

since when?

Michael Beasley Back on the Radar for the Lakers? Written by Ryan Ward

Before the horn sounded on the NBA trade deadline back on March 15, the Los Angeles Lakers were on the verge of acquiring small forward Michael Beasley. With the Lakers in desperate need of scoring off the bench and solid outside shooting, Beasley was thought to be one the missing pieces to the puzzle in Los Angeles.

Unfortunately, with about five minutes left before the deadline, the Minnesota Timberwolves pulled the plug on the deal that would’ve sent Beasley to the Lakers.

Now that the NBA off-season has begun for the Lakers and the Timberwolves, the trade rumors and free agent speculation has started to heat up with Beasley potentially landing on the open market. With the consensus being that the Lakers will trade Pau Gasol and let forwards Matt Barnes and Troy Murphy leave via free agency, Los Angeles will be pursuing frontcourt help over the summer.

That being said, Beasley fits the bill for the Lakers. With Los Angeles already showing interest in the 23-year-old heading towards the trade deadline, the team might revisit trying to acquire the forward via free agency.

According to Mark Medina of the L.A. Times, the Lakers might be able to sign Beasley for the mini-midlevel:

There’s no indication what the market will be for Beasley over the summer or how much interest the Timberwolves has in retaining him, but the Lakers could show serious interest. Minnesota might consider letting Beasley sign elsewhere over the summer with rookie Derrick Williams being the future of the small forward position for the Timberwolves.

The addition of Beasley would address many different needs for the Lakers moving forward. Beasley’s scoring punch off the bench, size and youth at 23-years-old are all attributes the Lakers are looking to improve upon in the off-season.

Is it me or does seem like Beasley is older than 23???
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 30,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The general consensus around the NBA is that Ray Allen will sign with Miami. "Barring a change, he'll join the Heat," said a league source.

Wooooooooo
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol..same thing i said. Beasley 23?
    he only did 1 year in college and seems like he's only been in the nba 3 or 4 years so 23 sounds about right.
    ATTS wrote: »
    Lol..same thing i said. Beasley 23?

yes, him and KD played against each other in high school. beasley was in the same draft as D Rose. where ya'll cats been at. he young and would be a great pick up for Lakers to be 6th man
    clippers talking with Mavs about doing a Odom deal
    The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in trade discussions to bring Lamar Odom back to the L.A. team that drafted him, according to sources close to the situation.

Yet the deal, sources said, could hinge on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Clippers veteran guard Mo Williams, which would allow the Dallas Mavericks to send Odom to the Clippers with no significant money coming back to the Mavericks. [...]

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that one team to express interest in Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams’ contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.

• ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dabull ....i believe you but he being in sooo much trouble...looks ragged...he dont look 23
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dabull ....i believe you but he being in sooo much trouble...looks ragged...he dont look 23

Exactly... I knew he was young, but didn't know he was thaaaat young... dude looks like he's 32. Too much weed smoking... but yes, he'd be a great acquisition for the Lakers. Solid scoring option off the bench, which is something they sorely lacked after trading LO

aone415 wrote: »

Exactly... I knew he was young, but didn't know he was thaaaat young... dude looks like he's 32. Too much weed smoking... but yes, he'd be a great acquisition for the Lakers. Solid scoring option off the bench, which is something they sorely lacked after trading LO

and also with small lineup he can play the 4 since you know the lakers are gonna trade gasol
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Mobile, Agile, Hostile Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yah i was surprised to see beasley is 23