Kobe: "One ring doesn't get it" Shots fired @ Lebron

Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line StepperPosts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
"The breakthrough doesn’t change everything, as warned by Bryant. ‘One championship doesn’t get it, you know what I’m saying?’ Bryant said. ‘So for me, when we won one, it was a little different because it was, like you know, Michael (Jordan) had six, Magic (Johnson) had five. So me and Shaq (O’Neal) both were like, man, we got to get some more. One ain’t going to cut it.’ Surely James has been thinking the same way. ‘Yeah, I mean, since the last time we were here I got two,’ said Bryant, extending the vowel the way Jordan extended his fingertips after making his last championship shot in Utah. He let the ‘two’ hang out there without rushing onto the next sentence. ‘Dirk got one. He (James) got one.’ Has Bryant reminded James of the championship score? ‘Not yet,’ he said. ‘I will. I will.’

slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/07/kobe-bryant-plans-to-remind-lebron-james-that-he-has-more-nba-championships/

I didnt take it as a shot at James until he said the "Dirk got one too" thing

Hes basically tellin James he shouldnt feel himself too much cause one ring aint shit

Truth or feelings caught?
P. Townkacee139Sion_Menace_Solitary SoldierAlready Home_17purpngoldNothingButTheTruthVulcanRavenHyenaKillaCraig Robinsontoheeb27KushingtonDarcSkiesJDSTAYWITIT.focusiKingGodGivBizStoneColdMikeyWill Munny

Replies

• OhPeeOhPee Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe recognizes the type of game LeBron has at the moment. He really is trying to get into his head at some level. Have to make shit competitive.
    purpngoldKairo
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva DC4L Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think y'all taking this the wrong way. I think he meant it more to Lebron as don't get comfortable or complacent than nigga I still got 4 more rings than you.
    Inglewood_Bkacee139kanggoodieiKingGodGivBiz
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sky is blue.

water is wet.

fire is hot.

That post is wack.

Inglewood_BSleepwalkingInJapanMister B.Already Home_17purpngoldiKingGodGivBizA$AP_A$TON
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Time will body this

Lakers wont get no more rings wit kobe ,signin old ass nash wont get them no title it wont even get them out the west

Lawson,paul,conley,parker,westbrook will eat whenever they face the lakers more than they already were eatin especially if they dont get dwight

its gonna be hilarious to watch lebron win more rings,even funnier if they happen to beat the lakers
    _Menace_purpngoldNothingButTheTruthtoheeb27D.D.S.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rings are team accomplishment and being lucky to be in the right situation. If your gonna judge individual greatness, then judge solo accomplishments. 3 mvps in 9 years speaks for themselves.
  • dbrazil412dbrazil412 the 412Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont look at it as a shot, plus lebron has to feel the same way. one ring isnt gonna cut it when you're a guy who is constantly compared to the greats of all time
    Inglewood_Binfamous114NothingButTheTruthkanggoodie
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't get sleepy...
  • knightryderknightryder Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭
    Kobe should of mention how he won all 5 titles during an 82-game season when competition was at its highest
    and didnt have to depend on a short season with injured players no practices and back to back games.....

Lebron has a paper ring, it aint legit unless he win it in a full 82-game season
    Tommy bilfigerdallas' 4 evaInglewood_BMR.CJdbrazil412KamPushMeSionMister B.purpngoldinfamous114NothingButTheTruthTRILLip BrooksIceBergTaylorKairoHustleTreeSwiffness!StoneColdMikeyA$AP_A$TON
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Real niggas back in style Inglewood niggaPosts: 6,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe should of mention how he won all 5 titles during an 82-game season when competition was at its highest
    and didnt have to depend on a short season with injured players no practices and back to back games.....

Lebron has a paper ring, it aint legit unless he win it in a full 82-game season

knew one of these posts was coming. smh

Valentinez A. KaiserkanggoodieiKingGodGivBiz
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. The Fieldhouse. Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas sounding insecure as hell in here...I'm pretty sure any legend with multiple rings would tell Bron the same thing.

And besides even if it's just shit talking, that's all it is.Bird and Magic did it to Mike too but in the end Mike had the last laugh. If Bron does the same he'll have his time to gloat.
    Inglewood_BafromoKairo
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Free Da Guys ZionPosts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe is my nigga but he getting delusional. I see some Magic vs Jordan shit happening between Kobe and Lebron at these Olympics....
    kacee139NothingButTheTruthKairo
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,839 Regulator
    When did LeBron even say he was satisfied with one ring? Every interview I've seen this nigga has said he wants more...
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 18,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BDB wrote: »
    Niggas sounding insecure as hell in here...I'm pretty sure any legend with multiple rings would tell Bron the same thing.

And besides even if it's just shit talking, that's all it is.Bird and Magic did it to Mike too but in the end Mike had the last laugh. If Bron does the same he'll have his time to gloat.

God to one, king to the other..
  • DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe dont get respect for his first 3 chips (even tho by the second one he was already better than Shaq) so I could give a damn if Lebron gets one and dont get props.
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-1 Kobe cuz he had 3 with Shaq.... anyway this wasnt that bad just talkin shit reminding him he gotta get more it is what it is... Kobe funny tho cuz he cried like a bitch when he had Smush and Kwame wanting to be traded and shit. I wish folk in the media would bring up that when he start talking shit.... bitch ass Jerry West giving him Gasol ....
    kacee139KamPushMeNothingButTheTruth
  • DR. JEKDR. JEK Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BDB wrote: »

Real Talk....a Slept on Close the thread post here.

• Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    2-1 Kobe cuz he had 3 with Shaq.... anyway this wasnt that bad just talkin shit reminding him he gotta get more it is what it is... Kobe funny tho cuz he cried like a bitch when he had Smush and Kwame wanting to be traded and shit. I wish folk in the media would bring up that when he start talking shit.... bitch ass Jerry West giving him Gasol ....

It wasn't jerry west he was retired it was his flunkie chris wallace

Kobe time is almost up he worried about the more talented players

Champions shouldn't even be thinkin or talkin bout that son insecure

Kairoknightryder
  • dbrazil412dbrazil412 the 412Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Nobody should be forced to play with Smush, Luke and Kwame in they starting line up. that shit is cruel and unsual punishment!!

sTaY_TrUeiKingGodGivBizLUClEN