How Many Fake Twitter Followers Do Your Favorite Rappers Have?

AggyAFAggyAF Y preeWorl boss fi wiPosts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
Disclaimer: Don't Know How Legit This Is But Whatever:

http://www.complex.com/tech/2012/08/how-many-fake-twitter-followers-does-your-favorites-rappers-have#1

Besides monetization, one of the biggest problems afflicting social networks like Twitter and Facebook is the proliferation of fake accounts. Earlier this month, Facebook revealed that out of its 955 million users, 83 million of them are fake. So, what about Twitter? The social network hasn't revealed any numbers, but a new website aims to answer that question on its own.

Dubbed the Status People Fake Follower Check, the site purports to show you how many fake followers—bots, duplicate accounts, businesses—Twitter users have. All you do is type in a name and you get a percentage. Status People says the site was designed for users with less than 10,000 followers, but claims it should still work for people with crazy followings. People like celebrities. We decied to test it out using rappers. Duh. Interested in seeing which of your favorite MCs' digital game isn't as strong as you thought? Keep reading.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
fakersrickross.jpg

fakerskanyewest.jpg

fakerswiz.jpg

fakersmacmiller.jpg

fakersdrake.jpg

fakersjimjones.jpg

fakersjcole.jpg

fakerslilwayne.jpg

fakersjayz.jpg

fakersbigsean.jpg

fakersmeekmill.jpg

fakerskidcudi.jpg

fakersdiddy.jpg

fakersnas.jpg

fakerseminem.jpg

fakersnickim.jpg

fakerswaka.jpg

fakerssouljaboy.jpg

fakerswale.jpg

fakerspuhsat.jpg

fakersjoebudden.jpg
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````[
I6GSf.gif
purpngold

Replies

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 30,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Lol @ Soulja Boy and Waka's numbers
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meek Mill, Mac Miller, and Kid Cudi (according to this) have the most real followers (percentage wise)
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lotta that is because spam profiles will follow you...One night, I got like 100 followers from china and 25 spam followers...But there are a bunch of programs that buy you "followers", just like the ones that bought you "friends" on MySpace...
    In Your Moms RoomDarthRozay
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • twentyfivelighterstwentyfivelighters Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room I make money while I sleep I don't even no Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitt Romney bought fake twitter followers. Jimmy Fallon exposed Mitt on his late night show.
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twitter is a flawed medium to begin with just because even with "real" followers they are still only a small percentage of the real world. 95% of trending topics or twitter beefs are not something that is impacting much national attention and or world attention.

the only time twitter has a huge effect is in the case of the arab spring uprisings in egypt, syria, lybia and so on
  • A1000MILESA1000MILES Posts: 13,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean....All you gotta do is look at a person follower list...If you see page after page of profiles wit eggs in the avatar...They most likely fake...
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    I mean....All you gotta do is look at a person follower list...If you see page after page of profiles wit eggs in the avatar...They most likely fake...

Eggs is a dead giveaway plus if you see a bunch of followers that don't have any followers it's just spam accounts.

Twitter is the future; you get real-time info from athletes, musicians, celebrities, and politicians right to your phone, you can stay updated on news and new music the instant it comes out.

You don't have to do a bunch of web-surfing to stay in tune with your sports teams you just follow them on Twitter and scroll down your Timeline and you right on time.

It's a major upgrade of the old Forum style social-media format, it's 2012. Instagram is the shit too if you love pretty women.
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitt Romney bought fake twitter followers. Jimmy Fallon exposed Mitt on his late night show.

didn't he buy like 30,000 followers or something?
    In Your Moms Room
    edited August 2012
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really surprised. This internet stuff is what it is. Never been on twitter or facebook,myspace or any of that. Just never had a place for it in my life. "twitter followers" or whatever dont help an artist sell records. But aint surprising to hear its a bunch of foolishness.
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room I make money while I sleep I don't even no Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea. And they all had the default picture and they all were tweeting the same exact thing. And de wur talking like dis.
    AggyAFDarthRozay
    Not really surprised. This internet stuff is what it is. Never been on twitter or facebook,myspace or any of that. Just never had a place for it in my life. "twitter followers" or whatever dont help an artist sell records. But aint surprising to hear its a bunch of foolishness.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Wale and his #Ambition movement was mainly hyped with Twitter and he had his followers posting their CD purchases and joining his website for special content.

Damn y'all it's fucking 2012.

• 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at Diddy's "movement"

• DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea. And they all had the default picture and they all were tweeting the same exact thing. And de wur talking like dis.
    Sounds like an emerican poster on here. is he a Romney-bot?
    purpngold
  • deathrowzorrowdeathrowzorrow Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha kanye west and diddy got alot of fakes.. nas 20 years in the game and that little fake. damnn nas so real
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

You couldn't be more wrong.

Wale and his #Ambition movement was mainly hyped with Twitter and he had his followers posting their CD purchases and joining his website for special content.

Damn y'all it's fucking 2012.

You may be right. I'll just say....the internet is what it is. We all know its a lotta nnsense that goes on on it. At the same time Theres real stuff that goes on on it too.