Official 2012 NBA Off Season Thread

Replies

• Datdude87Datdude87 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭✭
    didnt c this posted yet

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Joakim noah will make 11 mil next year he don't impact games like ibaka does.Everybody in todays league gets overpaid

This is market value for a player like ibaka.Harden was the expendable one out of the 2

1st part I agree with, the 2nd part nah. If you're a pf or a center you're going to get overpaid period. Lopez aint worth a max contract, asik aint worth 8 mil, deandre jordan has ONE SKILL and that niggas getting paid 2 mil less a year than ibaka. Is he getting overpaid? Yea slightly but when you consider the market and his skill set that shit ain't "reaching" at all.
  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Isn't it ironic how a system that was supposed to help out small market teams is actually hurting this small market team? I cant see OKC paying 4 max contract with that Luxury tax

• Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Isn't it ironic how a system that was supposed to help out small market teams is actually hurting this small market team? I cant see OKC paying 4 max contract with that Luxury tax

Lol hell yea. I'm still trynna figure out what the hell they accomplished during that bs lockout....
  • DaBullDaBull Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joakim noah will make 11 mil next year he don't impact games like ibaka does.Everybody in todays league gets overpaid

This is market value for a player like ibaka.Harden was the expendable one out of the 2

PHX will offer the same Max to Harden that Eric Gordon received and OKC wont match, he's gone, OKC will be damaged by these developments.
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ibaka doesn't guard 5's...he is too short and frail. That's the only difference in my book. The market differs for fives.

Ibaka is over paid. No 2nd tear 4 gets that money! 2nd rear meaning below Pau dirk Aldridge Randolph love griffin amare Duncan garnett bosh Smith David lee boozer
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Hat low there's not a weak link on my squad/ I'm LL In too deep I'm thinking I'm GOD Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Ibaka doesn't guard 5's...he is too short and frail. That's the only difference in my book. The market differs for fives.

Ibaka is over paid. No 2nd tear 4 gets that money! 2nd rear meaning below Pau dirk Aldridge Randolph love griffin amare Duncan garnett bosh Smith David lee boozer

Joakim noah got 4 years 60 million,deandre jordan 4 years 43 million,brook lopez 4 years 58 million,javale mcgee 5 years 50 million.Ibaka's deal is what he should get paid

Blame the market

• BlackAX410BlackAX410 JEFF AXEL DA GREAT Posts: 28,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea power forwards & centers get overpaid in todays NBA climate all u gotta do is be 7 feet tall nd u can get a job it seems u gotta be some shit if u a 7 footer nd cant get more then da vets min
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    yea power forwards & centers get overpaid in todays NBA climate all u gotta do is be 7 feet tall nd u can get a job it seems u gotta be some shit if u a 7 footer nd cant get more then da vets min

javelle mcghee and olajuwon

Exclusive video of JaVale McGee's recent workout with Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon....if he could learn those moves.......DC will shake their head

what i enjoyed about the video is hakeem is almost 5o yrz old but his footwork is sooooo special..he can still score on centers today...
    kanggoodieblackjack2012
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good move by the thunder...you could tell ibaka's work ethic and yearly improvement had a real impression on the team ....in this day and age no way is harden taking a pay cut, some team will throw him the max and he will happily accept..

Joakim noah got 4 years 60 million,deandre jordan 4 years 43 million,brook lopez 4 years 58 million,javale mcgee 5 years 50 million.Ibaka's deal is what he should get paid

Blame the market

exactly........
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 15,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McGee about to rape the West now
  • blackjack2012blackjack2012 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ibaka should go see The Dream and learn them moves
  • ATTSATTS Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $pyda wrote: »

he can...it wll hapen gradually if he works hard...... my goal for him is 20 and 10.....but i dont think it will be this yr....

bruh, if healthy, Denver can easily grabe that 4 seed. they have a crazy athletic squad, OKC dont wanna see them AT ALL, iggy guards KD well
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Hat low there's not a weak link on my squad/ I'm LL In too deep I'm thinking I'm GOD Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    carol-rodriguez-2.jpeg

carol-rodriguez-04.jpg

l4634120.jpg

carol-rodriguez.jpeg

My brotha Nick Young just got engaged to this woman
    coop9889kanggoodieAristo_V300Focal Point
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I respect what McGee is doing.. But can't help but notice that when Amar'e went it was Amar'e is trash but when McGee goes he is about to dominate the west.. Double Standard ass niggaz..

nigga, Mcgee is in his 2nd year, Amare is in his 10th year. that is embarrasing
    ^Mcgee entering his 5th year

Talkin bout a nigga sonnin himself
    lol u got that....shoulda said 2nd year of being relevant..... I kno that made your day tho
    Damn that Bitch got a strong ass face
    Dont be mad that McGee is tryin to better himself in half the time it took Amare to do it.
    Amare is in his 10TH YEAR tryin to learn a post game so that Melo pass him the damn ball.
    FAIL.....
    BetaDaBull
    Yeah you can't even compare mcgee to amare at the same point
  • af.r.i.c.a.af.r.i.c.a. Fuck your reactions Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcgee will never be a 20 10 guy but he can be a dominant defensive force if he ever gets his head on straight
    edited August 2012
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Dont be mad that McGee is tryin to better himself in half the time it took Amare to do it.
    Amare is in his 10TH YEAR tryin to learn a post game so that Melo pass him the damn ball.
    FAIL.....

In his 5th year.. Amare was better than McGee.. In his 10th year Amare is still better than McGee.. So honestly I have nothin to be mad at..

Even coming off a horrible season.. Amare is still a top 10 PF...

Nothing to do with my point
    McGee is doing what he should be doing in HALF the time its taken Amare
    Theres no reason it should have taken Amare 10 years to say "HEY BRO I NEED A POST GAME NOW!!"
    Telling me Amare was better in his 5th year than McGee is like telling me rain is wet. Thanks, I didnt know.