The Official NFL Draft/Offseason thread

44Since8844Since88 HoustonPosts: 22,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
21677094.gif

Since the season is officially over time to start looking forward to next year. All draft/Free agent news in here....

Replies

• SleepwalkingInJapanSleepwalkingInJapan Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Leon

lmao...who did u used to be?
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I was going to say this in the NFL thread but if someone told me that Frank Gore rushes over 100 yards and a TD, Vernon Davis has over 100 rec yards. Crabtree has over 100 rec yards and a rec TD and Copernick would throw for over 300 yards a TD and Rush for over 60 yards and another TD I would say 49ers win the game.

San Fran defense in the secondary and special teams again for the 2nd straight year cost them the game.
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunday's are gonna be dead for most of the day now smh. 7am Sunday - 1am Monday, was all football.
  • 44Since8844Since88 HoustonPosts: 22,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I was going to say this in the NFL thread but if someone told me that Frank Gore rushes over 100 yards and a TD, Vernon Davis has over 100 rec yards. Crabtree has over 100 rec yards and a rec TD and Copernick would throw for over 300 yards a TD and Rush for over 60 yards and another TD I would say 49ers win the game.

San Fran defense in the secondary and special teams again for the 2nd straight year cost them the game.

Culliver got roasted a few times in this game...but the playcalling at the end of the game is what really cost the Niners.
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21632194/report-giants-prioritizing-hakeem-nicks-over-victor-cruz

Report: Giants prioritizing Hakeem Nicks over Victor Cruz

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com

Victor Cruz had a much better season, but Hakeem Nicks' contract is a bigger priority for the Giants, NFL sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Cruz, 26, enters free agency off two seasons in which he's averaged 84 catches, 1,314 yards and 9.5 touchdowns.

Nicks, 25, has one year left on his rookie deal. Knee and foot injuries limited him to 13 games in 2012, as he finished with 53 catches for 692 yards and three scores.

Schefter reports the Giants are putting a bigger emphasis on signing Nicks to a long-term deal because they view him as a legitimate No. 1 receiver.

In 2010 and 2011, Nicks averaged 77.5 grabs, 1,122 yards and nine touchdown catches.

Team co-owner John Mara was asked Friday about negotiations with Cruz's agent.

"We certainly want him back, but like with any player, there's a limit to where we're going to go," Mara said. "He's been a terrific player for us, he's a fan favorite, he does a lot for our franchise, but there is a limit."

Nicks still has a year left on his contract so they should get Cruz's contract out the way now then worry about Nicks.
    Nah Cruz is a restricted free agent right? Unless someone hands him a blank check he's not going anywhere. At least until next year lol.
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah Cruz is a restricted free agent right? Unless someone hands him a blank check he's not going anywhere. At least until next year lol.

Yeah he's a restricted free agent. There are going to be some teams out there willing to get the check book out to get him.
    peagle05
  • txboi_09txboi_09 Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL fans what's the plan on wiily Mo yall resigning him? Niners could definetly use him whitner needs to go
  • allday1992allday1992 Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    ATL fans what's the plan on wiily Mo yall resigning him? Niners could definetly use him whitner needs to go

That's the plan
  • bigb86bigb86 Posts: 6,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH still mad Dead @ the name change tho thats GOAT
    44Since88
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is byrd in FA but I doubt Buffalo lets him go. Anyone at safety is better than nate/coleman though. The real question is who do we take at #4. Geno, Jarvis(I think he'll be gone), Joeckel(I think he'll be gone as well), Star, or trade back and get millner....
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 13,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ShanAllen regime has been predicated on signing guys on the upswing of their career that are in that 25-27 age range. I'm glad we're off that sign the biggest name in FA shit. Building through the Draft and subtle FA signings is the way to go.
    44Since88
    bigb86 wrote: »
    The BDB wrote: »
    San Fran gonna be around a long time. It just so happens their biggest weakness is their secondary and they have 11 draft picks in this upcoming draft that is deep in what.......DB's.

tn-04_1359623226.jpeg

First round draft picks coming....Who is Sandcastle coming
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088bigb86BeleeDatPleighboy
    Texans 2 biggest FA priorities are Glover Quin and Conner Barwin. Conner pretty much played himself out of a big contract this past season. He may get a big offer from another team so it's 50/50 he comes back. Glover on the other hand should get paid accordingly. Bob Mcnair listed WR and LB depth as top offseason positions but we don't have a lot of cap room so one will be addressed via draft.
    I'm guessing Steelers@ Ravens on opening night next season...
    greenwood1921
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolphins have a lot of cap space this offseason...the wack thing about it is Jeff Ireland is our GM.
    Dolphins have a lot of cap space this offseason...the wack thing about it is Jeff Ireland is our GM.

Yall going after Greg Jennings?
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    txboi_09 wrote: »

That's a wash. Willymo is good, but he'll only play 10-12 games a year.

Whitners not that bad. Didn't he make the pro bowl?

I seem to remember him being one of the reasons niggas was acting like y'all was gonna "destroy" us in the NFCCG.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I've been reading from the beat writers down here, it's probable.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GB has 50-60 millions to work with after a few people get released jennings and co

RB and O line is a priority with a LB is we can pull it.

• greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I've been reading from the beat writers down here, it's probable.

I think y'all might get my boy Brent Gri....

...Grime-Ti....

....Optimus Gri...

...I can't even say it.

*tear*
    infamous114
  • BDBIIDBDBIID 5* Poster. Ranked #1 ESPNU150,Rivals,247Sports. Uncommitted. Tri-State Posts: 13,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read Ross plans on doing a lot of spending this offseason.