What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Better rapper Vol. 51: 50 Cent or DMX?

Replies

• _Goldie__Goldie_ ablackweb.com Posts: 30,338 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    DMX
    This took me a minute to pick. X's best shit is shittin on 50's. But after 50 "fell off" he bounced back with a few ill fuckin mixtapes and X has yet to bounce back. They're pretty even to me, but if I had to choose Id say X.
    CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE/FORUM

FORUM: http://ablackweb.com/forum/index.php

• can'tyoutellcan'tyoutell Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    DMX amazed me at times on some of his records. Like, he would have his moments where you think you're listening to one the best that ever did it. Some of the best verses laid of all time. 50 cent was always a gimmick to me. Like people liked him for his image more than his music. I'm interested in music, not an image.
    5 GrandTHIRDSUPREMEBusta Carmichael
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Cent
    50 dropping fire still.
    trust no one, just my sig
  • 270crownst270crownst Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    dmx is a better rapper,more content in his songs, better and a better performer then fif..I think this is a trick question...
  • S2JS2J Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    DMX
    I just came to vote, see the results, and make sure nggas arent ALL completely insane.

Even tho X winnin 65%-35%, I'm STILL amazed theres still 20 people who said 50 Cent is a better rapper than DMX.
    idoitforhiphop10illestni99ainneOlorun22BrilliantRapscallion
    DMX
    Its actually a straighjt forward compariosn, both had similar marketing plans in general, but they just came from 2 different eras where the standards were at differnt places.

I.e., X came from an era where even the 'song for the ladies' would be deep af (i.e. Keep ya Head up, All that I got is you, How's it Goin Down')

Fif is from the era where the song for the ladies is '21 questions' Lol Cmon

Lyrically apples n oranges.
    DMX
    I'm blessing niggas with stitches, the thin type,
    and a straight razor will put pinstripes, across your windpipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imN6Dck8Tv8

can'tyoutell
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Cent
    Nigga what

Baltimore Love Thing is better lyrically than anything X got
    idoitforhiphop10illestni99ainneAlready Home_17Off&Onex-soldier
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't decide. Never really been a fan of either. Truth be told, I've never really listened to either of their albums all the way through.

But I remember when X came out and he was all over the radio for about a year or two. Then Fif came out about 5 years later and he was all over the radio for a year or two.

I'd say its a tie.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

• jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    "He got what he came for (what's that?) surgery with the chainsaw" >>>>
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesPosts: 7,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    Therr is not one 50 verse where dude went nuts on some lyrical shit.

Not one.
    S2J
  • 270crownst270crownst Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    Fif ain't got a verse dats fucking wit x's niggas done started something...
    ex-soldier
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Cent
    Nigga bout to make me go thru my 50 and find some joints where he was talking that shit
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark man X fuck 5-0
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

• illestni99ainneillestni99ainne I let ur gal suck me off from da back and ur moms giv me cornrows on my crack cuz Im nasty like that Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX

this shouldnt even really be debatable x>>>>>>>>>>>>>50 any day of the weekweek

Nights like this...I wish...Raindrops would faaalllll!!!
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    Neither were super lyrical, but 50 cent was never nice...whatsoever.

"Im on the grind, my life on the line, I shoot my nine, I do it all the time, money on my mind, I commit the crime"

^Typical 50 verse...sad.

before the bolded i was wondering what song was those made up lyrics from
    shit was on point
  • MR JoshMR Josh Posts: 35 ✭✭
    DMX
    as far as rap goes,X is respected by his peers but nobody thinks 50 is a great rapper.i dont see any difference between fif and nelly if you remove the gangster......not to take anything away from what he achieved musically,but to me fif is just a simple rhymer that made the best out of a great opportunity.X might not be your so called lyricist(which is a highly overated and overused word in rap) but he is a pure rapper,he is very skilled,creative and deep
  • KNiGHTSKNiGHTS Mr. Fifth Letter Your ConsciencePosts: 4,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMX
    50 got bangers and classics, but I didn't bump his shit as long as X. Long Live the Dark Man. Problems be damned, X is, was, and still that nigga musically..
    DMX
    R.D. wrote: »
    Nigga bout to make me go thru my 50 and find some joints where he was talking that shit

Take your time...
  • SnuffDaddySnuffDaddy Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    DMX
    Arguing with 50 Cent fans is basically arguing with Eminem fans. No point in doing that.

If you seriously think 50 is better than DMX that's your opinion, even though i strongly disagree, but lol @ some of these arguments. Niggas will always throw 50's cent's mixtapes out there, but then when you flip that argument with other rappers on 'em, they quick to dismiss mixtapes. Yall hold on to his dick so tight.

But anyone who TRULY know DMX know he better. He did in fact dumb down his lyrics ALOT. Not saying he went stupid with it, but he went for more emotions & directness (inspired by the likes of Scarface etc.) instead of straight wordplay & all that like he used to do in his early youth years.

As far as diversity..dont even play. X is more of a poet than 50. 50 is more of a rapper than anything else.

I like 50 too so im not tryna dismiss him but its not as close as you guys think. So if you wanna count mixtapes then you might as well count DMX's unreleased/early shit that 99% of yall didnt hear. Doesnt work that way. And 50's mixtape songs werent lyrically amazing, it was just that he basically re-made songs (for better or worse, depending on the song & opinions), doesnt mean he RAPPED great on it.

50 could never make a "Lord Give Me A Sign", The Rain", "More 2 A Song" or even a "Slippin" etc., but X could make the rest of 50's shit cuz hes very limited. Keep it 100.
    Tape Deck

"Get Down (Q-Tip Remix) " [Craig Mack, '94]
    "It Ain't Pt. 2" [Scarface, '00]

cnn
    beanie the truth
    group home
    freddie foxx
    gang starr
    what a shame royal flush
    sticky fingaz/onyx
    scarface
    mop
    goodie mob angelic war
    fat joe the hidden hand
    freddie foxxx so tough
    dead prez turn off the radio
    az betcha dont know
    az beanie sigel thats real
    next friday soundtrack (pharaoe monch, isley brothers, wyclef, ja rule, eminem, krayzie bone, big tymers etc)
    craig mack jockin my style
    cormega love is love
    cypress hill 16 men
    luniz so much drama
    wc daz blam blam
    50 cent glow of a thug
    az just because
    bone thugs pod
    bone thugs sweet jane
    fat joe success
    lox life shit
    de la soul trying people
    the lox living off eXperience OX “Living Off eXperience
    ll cool j ill bomb
    method man redman da rockwilder
    poor righteous teachers my three wives
    bg i know
    terror squad rudeboy salute
    lox
    shyne
    lox thumbs up

Trick Daddy
    Dr Dre ft Eminem
    Nas Reach Out
    JayZ Hey Papi

Outkast
    Big Boi
    Eastsidaz Pussy Sells/Life Goes On
    trick daddy
    nore thugs r us
    mop my nigga hill figga
    the murderers we gettin high/murderers
    memphis bleek
    jayz change the game
    gang starr
    mop
    heavy d
    prodigy
    StillFaggyAFillestni99ainneiKingGodGivBizR.D.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,387 Regulator
    DMX
    50 aint got a song that can compete with Slippin
    StillFaggyAFillestni99ainneRanxx
  • bigrizzbigrizz Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    DMX
    I think people forget x single handedly changed the direction hip hop was going in when puffy and make shiny suited the shit out of the game. It's not even close
  • Leviathan616Leviathan616 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    DMX
    I like 50 but X's material is far superior.
    4opdb.gif