What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Better rapper Vol. 50: Common or Tupac

Replies

• StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    Rap Skills Measurement

Flow=Common
    Lyrics=both
    Content=both, leaning towards Common
    Vocab=Common
    Delivery=Pac
    Creativity=Common
    Punchlines=Common

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

GetoBoySoloman_The_Wise
  • g00dlikeg0dg00dlikeg0d Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Common
    Common without a doubt. Pac is profound of course, but lyrically, flow, delivery, ComSense wins.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    When you talk about lyrical you're referring to the rapper's ability to express deep personal emotion or observation.
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac
    So common can paint a picture lyrically like Pac
    StillFaggyAFsoul rattlerSoloman_The_Wise
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    R.D. wrote: »

He can; but that comment was a general statement. A lot of folks seem to think lyrical or lyrically deals with the complexity of the lyrics (think Hovi Baby or Inspecta's verse on Triumph). It doesn't. A DMX is a lyrical rapper, his emotions poor out from his songs.
  • Hip2DaHop93Hip2DaHop93 Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Common
    Going with Com Sense even though its tough.

Common: B-87
    Pac: B-85
    Dolphins-Ryan-Tannehill-and-Steelers-Ike-Taylor.jpg

procanesdolphins49ersweek14.jpg

tom_brady_149.jpg
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • woah316woah316 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac
    *Can't recite one Common Lyric"

If he was such a good rapper, his music would find people... bottom line.

Can recite PLENTY of Tupac lyrics, and I was not a fan, never bought one Album

/thread
    soul rattlerSoloman_The_Wise
  • woah316woah316 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac
    It'd be like asking who's a better running back, Barry Sanders or some nigga in the CFL...

if he was THAT good, he'd be playing in the major leagues
    nujerz84Soloman_The_Wise
  • joeyfkncrakkjoeyfkncrakk Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    I'm going with Common for longevity proven while staying consistent.... Tupac is the man but don't sleep on Com
    goldenjagnsSoloman_The_Wise
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac
    ^nigga u just gave com a pity vote he ain't need
    StillFaggyAFgnsSoloman_The_Wise
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac
    this is the biggest joke yet....and i like common but he's not even in the same ballpark as tupac
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    Focal Pointnillerthekid
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    Rapper its Common eaisly
    2ywzls0.jpg

t50f46.jpg

xr52d.jpg

IC Battle Rap Stans Most Hated.

s-l300.jpg
    gnsSoloman_The_Wise
  • CJCJ Posts: 15,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    CJ wrote: »
    See niggas in their feelings

you gon come drag me out dem shits a what boy, aint you from alabama, you stay wit some passive aggressive bullshit in yo mouth

Shut up nigga
    OGClarenceBoddickerMrCrookedLetterFocal PointSoloman_The_Wise
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupac
    I forgot about 1999 common still wack as shit doe
    Your official feelings catcher of the IC for the 2013-2014 posting season.- Pat Summerall voice

"CHICKENS LIKE THE WING STOP....NIGGA TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I HAD THE THING COCKED...THEY THINK I KNOW THE VOOODOOO..HOW THEY KEEP SHOWIN MY GHOST ON THEY CHANNEL TOO"

"Det Duck gon have tuh come up outta hih fay"- Alley Boy

"These hoes love me like Satan, Aaannn haan"- Tunechi

"Blood love, nigga"- Birdman

"Yung Kee left me in a cold world, Ya killa locked up, So that mean I got ta kill his lil girl"- OG Boo Dirty

"How Tommy and them supposed to Tootsie Roll to this, Gina"- Martin

"Piss on Dusty!"- Ole Anderson

sr_the_freshmangnsSoloman_The_Wise
  • Leviathan616Leviathan616 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Common
    As much as I respect Tupac, I'm gonna have to go with Common on this one. He has the lyrical complexity, flow, and depth of content that Tupac did not have.
    4opdb.gif
    bindayvez79Soloman_The_Wise
  • UndergroundraplegendUndergroundraplegend Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Common
    Why are people finding it bad that people find common a better rapper or voting for him

Im a Pac fan but as someone said dont sleep on common
    cobbland wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

Got love for Pac, but come on:

Great songs

Invocation was one of the first songs I heard by him.

ibrkEnkcMyZSp7.gif
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't vote. These are 2 of the greatest to ever do it.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • 25centsandwich25centsandwich Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Tupac
    Lol....whats funny is that i always thought of common as a poor mans tupac..

just more technical and his style was always more subtle and backpacker friendly...while tupac was more abrasive and mainstream

So im not surprised to see common so close here...but the answer is pac easily

Pacs delivery and flow are unquestionably better imo and his lyrics resonate better with listeners...

Common is on point...hes dope at everything but really really great at nothing...his biggest quality is his instantly recognizable voice. Over dilla/kanye/no id beats of course he sounds great....

But pacs presence on the mic was just so big and his lyrics were so potent...u gotta give him this

nujerz84R.D.Soloman_The_Wise
  • CymicaldaneCymicaldane The Danish OG Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common
    Toss up here.
    The one and only truly original Danish poster on the IC
    a-tribe-called-quest-o.gif GIFSoup
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • TB.BoyTB.Boy Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Common
    This is tough. Especially since ive been listening to the 7day theory on repeat the last three days . But ima go with common
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 64,526 ✭✭✭✭✭