What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

'Creed' - 2015 Michael B Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Replies

• kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great movie. Wish I had seen this in theaters instead of Star Wars.
    sapp08_2001texas409iron man1
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Creed 2, he better be like his Daddy, undefeated and super cocky

He already caught a L bruh. Did you not watch the movie?

And he's already super cocky. That's why his ass got knocked out and lose his mustang.

that was a tie to me
    TheGOATsapp08_2001
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thing that resonated the most to me was the melancholy undercurrent of sly performance, i thought it was the best part because ive been there watching the whole time -- that was the briliance of this movie, it was all there -- you can actually see the passage of time in a mans life, from where he started to all the way facing his own end and losing those around him along the way

i cant think of something like that ever happening before in film, where you aged with it

as for the movie itself, it was cool but i left thinking if i would continue to pursue a woman knowing that she would go deaf in the near future more then anything

on some imdb shit i give it 7.2
    313 wayzethossapp08_2001iron man1
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

And he's already super cocky. That's why his ass got knocked out and lose his mustang.

that was a tie to me

How was him getting KOd a tie
    313 wayzsapp08_2001
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »

that was a tie to me

in the last fight?

im not talking about when ward got him, strictly hte last fight
    Smokey Tha Bandit
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was a tie to me

in the last fight?

281.gif
    sapp08_2001Focal Point
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 34,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was a tie to me

in the last fight?

281.gif

The early rounds he was getting whipped.

And then they was going back and forth.

He knew he caught the L when Ricky got up.

You know the old saying in boxing. You gotta knock the champ out to win.
    (Really though?)
    Rubato Garcia
  • ckfreeckfree Posts: 9,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charles2 wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    the thing that resonated the most to me was the melancholy undercurrent of sly performance, i thought it was the best part because ive been there watching the whole time -- that was the briliance of this movie, it was all there -- you can actually see the passage of time in a mans life, from where he started to all the way facing his own end and losing those around him along the way

i cant think of something like that ever happening before in film, where you aged with it

as for the movie itself, it was cool but i left thinking if i would continue to pursue a woman knowing that she would go deaf in the near future more then anything

You have a great point about us seeing the passage of time in a man's life and I'd extend that to the entire franchise if that wasn't already your point. I don't know of another franchise where you see a man go from young to old touching on various stages in life. Now we have Luke and crew in Star Wars, but there were no steps between young and old. The Rocky movies actually have a lot of parallels to Sly's acting career. I don't have time to expound on it now, but something to ponder.

this like the 3rd time ive heard it said that the rocky character and various actions in the series mirror those of stallone in real life, im gonna have to look into that because i have no idea what yall be alluding to

im not too familiar with the harry potter shit but i guess you could vaguely say daniel radcliffe grew over the course of that series too but nothing close to the 40 something years the rocky character aged with its audience -- i mean its crazy to think that in the movie creed, rocky is the same age as micky was in the original rocky + the emotional impact couldnt be as heavy or realistic enough since harry potter is only fantasy while rocky is something we could all experience

which is why i think the critics were so into this movie since they usually vilify sentimental stuff like this
    C da Night Kingsapp08_2001
  • C da Night KingC da Night King Antisocial Extrovert Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charles2 wrote: »

You have a great point about us seeing the passage of time in a man's life and I'd extend that to the entire franchise if that wasn't already your point. I don't know of another franchise where you see a man go from young to old touching on various stages in life. Now we have Luke and crew in Star Wars, but there were no steps between young and old. The Rocky movies actually have a lot of parallels to Sly's acting career. I don't have time to expound on it now, but something to ponder.

this like the 3rd time ive heard it said that the rocky character and various actions in the series mirror those of stallone in real life, im gonna have to look into that because i have no idea what yall be alluding to

im not too familiar with the harry potter shit but i guess you could vaguely say daniel radcliffe grew over the course of that series too but nothing close to the 40 something years the rocky character aged with its audience -- i mean its crazy to think that in the movie creed, rocky is the same age as micky was in the original rocky + the emotional impact couldnt be as heavy or realistic enough since harry potter is only fantasy while rocky is something we could all experience

which is why i think the critics were so into this movie since they usually vilify sentimental stuff like this

I'm not sure what others say, but to me Rocky was high and mighty, then fell off a bit and maintained until this last one where he gets a chance to be on a big stage again and earn a new level of respect in his older age. Sly was the same. He was Rocky, Rambo, etc. and ruled the box office with Swarzenneger. Then he hit a lull and came back with the Expendables franchise and Creed in his older age.

It's crazy that the Rocky franchise has ran for damn near 40 years with the same main character played by the same actor.
    L.O.S.T.jee504ckfreeKid Dynasty
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,140 Regulator
    Creed 2 has been confirmed for a while now. Dope
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,140 Regulator
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if where Sly personally saw Drago go after Rocky IV (alcoholism and being a disgrace to his countrymen) will play a part in this. Obviously the suicide will be ruled out since Dolph will return.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Idiopathic Joker
    Broddie wrote: »
    I wonder if where Sly personally saw Drago go after Rocky IV (alcoholism and being a disgrace to his countrymen) will play a part in this. Obviously the suicide will be ruled out since Dolph will return.

That's interesting
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    This will be his 5th movie in the series as a director. If he directs one more he'll tie George Romero's record.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
  • SplackavelliSplackavelli I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall really Goating Stallone. Directing.. the queso factor just went up.. Coogler is blowing in the wind.. i just hope this shit is at least as good as the firs toe.. But i am skeptical
    BroddieRevolver Ocelotsapp08_2001illestni99ainneclairvoyance
    Yall really Goating Stallone. Directing.. the queso factor just went up.. Coogler is blowing in the wind.. i just hope this shit is at least as good as the firs toe.. But i am skeptical

Ingrate.

2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    King of GA