What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Replies

• Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old TrentonPosts: 16,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    If Dirk can do it in 2011, then Lebron can do it in 2017

Not the same situation not even close niggas need to stop disrespecting dirk

Dirk didnt win that..
    LeBron lost that..

What does this mean lol....lets ask Westbrook

that mean if LeBron didnt mentally check himself out the game if he wouldve half ass played Miami wouldve won..

dont be that guy..
    u know what the fuck that meant..

stop this shit..

Ifs never happen

so LeBron didnt mentally fumble!!?

LeBron plays THAT series Dirk would be lookin like LeBron THIS series..

call me a lie..

Dirk was ballin, he had a great series

LeBron aint??

Didn't say he didnt, just stating Dirk earned his chip

u totally missed my point..
    perhaps even purposely. lol & smh

I wasn't even arguing with or against you or trying to examine your point, I just was saying Dirk was ballin

then maybe u should sit out the conversations im in..
    cause i stick to the points..
    if u talk outside of it imma look at u like an idiot..

How droll
  • 9TRAY9TRAY EverywherePosts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The King is dead... Sweep
    tumblr_oomercbcDW1t1k6p7o1_500.gif

tumblr_omf0ouQQmH1t1k6p7o1_500.gif
    OhioState1987King_MOEbraMarcusGarvey
    I'm of the hope Millsap does go but idk where

Portland?

Beta
    Beta wrote: »
    Tristan Thompson started off slow in the Finals last year. He'll come around....probably game 3 or 4 at home.

Sounds like a role player to me...that's a wider jordan hill

Cavs could go dig up Reggie Evans to do what tristan does for 2 mil instead of 15 mil

Straight comedy

edited June 6
    So..................

What other great players are gonna team up and where do any of you think they will go?

Boston has a chance to really do some damage this off season and it's gonna be very interesting what they do

I think CP3 leaves, which forces blake to leave.

Hayward signs with Boston

And surprise trade...maybe jimmy butler or Paul george

Jimmy ain't goin' nowhere, neither is CP3, George is gone, Hayward is 50/50 to stay or go

Boston gonna' keep that pick, draft Fultz, and lowball Thomas on his next deal, and he gonna' bounce in FA

• numbaz...80's babynumbaz...80's baby Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »
    Tristan Thompson started off slow in the Finals last year. He'll come around....probably game 3 or 4 at home.

But he's the only center this time around, he had Mozgov to rely on.
    This time around his backup is Channing Frye, he is using more energy this time.

I'm not giving him excuses. It's just a reminder. He'll come around whether it's too late or not.
    13669056_495515447310776_1649422438188903135_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=03172f7dbc0a1be38acfd07b5788dd81&oe=582E3D6161jot2uiausr.jpg
  • KamPushMeKamPushMe Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Ginobli was atrocious in the 2013 Finals

He's the reason why they lost.
    R.D.DaBull
  • d.greend.green Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6
    I agree with Horry about Dream > Duncan and also believe Dream doesn't get his due.
    Bulls vs Rockets would've been a great Finals those 2 years though.
    Orlando and New York were not ready. Dream schooled Shaq and I mostly remember OJ Simpson bronco chase interrupting the Knicks-Rockets Finals. Knicks were always boring to me.

However, after watching the video, the author of the piece made it seem like Horry was being intentionally negative and bitter, he was actually having fun with the topic.
    Maywoodsilverfoxx
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yao Ming is in the same hall that the dream is in

Yao Ming is in the same rafters that the dream is in

Disgusting

but didnt Yao get in based on him being chinese and not b/c of his talent?

i mean, i went to a rockets game YEARS ago when the pels were the hornets and they came to NOLA and that bitch was PACKED with asians coming to see him play
    d.greensilverfoxx
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Robert Horry takes unexpected shots at Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili

Robert Horry arguably is the NBA’s all-time greatest role player, given his contributions to seven championship teams spread over three franchises. If his role Monday was to provide scorching hot takes for ESPN, Horry proved pretty great at that too, taking unexpected shots at a pair of highly regarded former teammates, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

It’s one thing to posit that Hakeem Olajuwon was a better player than Duncan, but Horry took things several steps further on “The Jump,” not only declaring that the former Rockets center was massively superior, but also appearing to question the Spurs great’s “work ethic” and late-game trustworthiness. Later in the segment, he seemed to imply that it was incompetence on the part of Ginobili that cost San Antonio multiple titles.

Perhaps the “Jump” panel, including host Rachel Nichols and former players Paul Pierce and Stephen Jackson, should have seen the habañero-grade opinions coming, given that Horry was wearing a coat decorated with tacos. Nevertheless, the trio was taken aback when Horry, who won two titles with both the Rockets and Spurs, in addition to three with the Lakers (making him the only player not associated with the 1960s Celtics to earn seven rings), casually tossed this remark into an anecdote about his playing days: “Dream was 20 times better than Tim Duncan.”

Asked to explain that assertion, Horry replied “See, I’ve played with both. I know the work ethic of both, so I’ve seen it live.” That had Nichols exclaiming in disbelief, “Wait, did you just take a shot at Tim Duncan’s work ethic?”

Horry offered an initial denial, then praised the work ethic of former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant as “the best ever,” before clarifying that he meant to compliment Olajuwon rather than demean Duncan. “I’ve seen these two guys in the gym. I know what Dream brought to practice. I know what Tim brought to practice,” he said.

“I know Tim, he brought work ethic to practice, but it’s an extra level,” Horry continued. “When you’re a superstar, you have to go the extra level. Not saying Tim’s not a superstar, but what Dream brought to the game is amazing.”

Horry went on to assert, “I don’t think people understand how good Olajuwon was,” a sentiment with which many basketball aficionados could agree. But he ventured back into questionable territory when he said, “I always tell people, you judge a player by what they cannot do. Who would you want on the line at the end of the game, Dream or Tim Duncan?”

“Tim Duncan,” Jackson, who won a ring with the 2003 Spurs, replied, to which Horry said, “You going to go with 85 percent, or you going to go with 70 percent from the free throw line?”

It’s unclear why Horry was citing those figures, given that Olajuwon was a .712 free throw shooter in the regular season, with a .719 mark in the playoffs, numbers not much better than Duncan’s (.696, .689). Horry also neglected to mention that Duncan was the centerpiece of five championship teams, while Olajuwon, with Horry’s help, won two rings.

Pierce, however, claimed that Olajuwon was fortunate to even have that pair of titles, noting that they came during the break in Michael Jordan’s Bulls career when the six-time champion was pursuing a goal of playing professional baseball. First, though, the recently retired Clipper, who won his own ring with the 2007-08 Celtics, said, “Dream was awesome, unbelievable. But he was not 20 times better than Tim Duncan. Not 20 times!”

Horry responded with, “I’m saying you would rather have Dream at the free throw line at the end of a game, and you’re down.”

“Dream is lucky Jordan retired,” Pierce replied. “You would only have five rings if Jordan didn’t retire.”

That’s when Horry delivered yet another unsolicited shot at a widely respected former teammate, telling Pierce, “Let me just say this: You got yours because, if Manu Ginobili would have did the things he was supposed to do, I would have had like 10 championships.”

Horry was apparently referencing the 2008 playoffs, in which the Lakers topped Ginobili, Horry and San Antonio en route to a Finals loss to Pierce’s Boston squad. He seemed to be blaming the Argentinean icon for stymieing two other championship runs for the Spurs.

Ginobili, a four-time titlist who is mulling retirement, and Duncan offered little, if anything, to criticize over their NBA careers, let alone accusations of being mistake-prone and relatively lax in preparation. But Horry seems to have arrived at the “Jump” set determined to give new meaning to his nickname, “Big Shot Bob.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/06/05/robert-horry-takes-unexpected-shots-at-tim-duncan-and-manu-ginobili/?utm_term=.b639e2a9f22f

Im a homer but I agree that people dont really understand how good of a player Dream was and he doesnt get enough props as one of the best of all time

I agree 100%
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

• AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6
    AP21 wrote: »

Disgusting

i mean, i went to a rockets game YEARS ago when the pels were the hornets and they came to NOLA and that bitch was PACKED with asians coming to see him play

He made current warriors fans start watching the NBA back then so that's how he got in

Was just telling my brother how Golden State Warriors might as well be called the Beijing Warriors
    BetaBlackAX410silverfoxx
  • TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disgusting

Yea the Yao being in the HOF is 1000% politics.. they didn't even try to hide it
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate these nostalgia biased conversations without any consideration for the present.

the hard nose aspect of the 80'-90's was one thing but bringing up the blatant non basketball moves that occurred from time to time as a badge of honor is garbage.

these cats saying that the warriors would be hard pressed to bring the ball up the court..against the 96 bulls given their make up with durant steph and draymond they arent gonna stifle them
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6
    I hope CP3 leaves.....I'd take him in Philly.

Shit, we have a fuckload of cap space to do it, too (around $46M projected). That would solve the Lonzo Ball/Ben Simmons problems. Lonzo and Var could get the fuck on, and Ben could play the 3 like he's supposed to.

A starting five of: CP, Josh Jackson or Malik Monk, Ben, Dario, and Joel could do serious damage in the East.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    DaBull
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »

Disgusting

Yea the Yao being in the HOF is 1000% politics.. they didn't even try to hide it

But its called the BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME for a reason.

There are people in the basketball HOF who NEVER played or coached in the NBA.

Damn near every sports HOF has some politics involved. Cause if politics wasn't involved then Barry Bonds would've went in the baseball HOF first ballot.
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

#1hiphopjunki3Inglewood_B
    I hate these nostalgia biased conversations without any consideration for the present.

the hard nose aspect of the 80'-90's was one thing but bringing up the blatant non basketball moves that occurred from time to time as a badge of honor is garbage.

these cats saying that the warriors would be hard pressed to bring the ball up the court..against the 96 bulls given their make up with durant steph and draymond they arent gonna stifle them

I get what you saying and its all speculation anyway. Let's just they played two 7 games series. 1 series based on the rules from 1996 and 1 series based on the rules now.

How do you think those 2 series would play out?

• playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get what you saying and its all speculation anyway. Let's just they played two 7 games series. 1 series based on the rules from 1996 and 1 series based on the rules now.

No clue but the Bulls defense would be stressed as fuck..Golden State being constructed as they are
    Maywood

No clue but the Bulls defense would be stressed as fuck..Golden State being constructed as they are

I don't think it would be as easy as most make it out to be but I don't see the Bulls defense being stressed out

caddo manMaywood