What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Lil Boosie "Jay Z not going to stop our culture"

18910111214»

Replies

• blue_londonblue_london Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol why is this still going
    CapitalB
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 65,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    a_list wrote: »
    So Jay doesnt single anybody out, and yet all of these sensitive rappers and IC posters feel like he's slighting their region...lol...

Insecurity
    So Jay doesnt single anybody out, and yet all of these sensitive rappers and IC posters feel like he's slighting their region...lol...

Insecurity

This keeps being said. If there's an insecurity, why is that? In this particular instance, why would one be insecure?

I couldn't tell why niggas would be insecure I dont get why anybody would be in their feelings over this..
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I really don't give a fuck about what jay z said or folks reactions to it but just because a person doesn't say your name doesn't mean that they ain't talking to you or about you.

Right, so rappers from everywhere have done the money phone thing, but all we see is rappers and IC posters from a certain region crying about it.....

Boosie only speaking about where he's from. "I dont know how they do over there but over here we gonna keep doing what we do" is what I gathered

And how is that working out for Baton Rouge/New Orleans niggas? Webbie just got arrested on domestic violence charges. Boosie himself admitted he can't even move in Baton Rogue due to the corrupt cops and crazy hating ass niggas who wanna kill him. New Orleans has some of the worse savages and a terrible crime rate. BTN Youngn gets murdered in a well lit gas station he flexed at every week.

Lets not even get started on the poor schools in black neighborhoods around there. But hey that is their "culture".
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    soul rattlerIceManKam
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6
    blackrain wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Jay use to clown people who rap like 4:44
    Better late than never

What rubs me the wrong way is media and fans pretending like no other rappers ever did or said this, but that's an argument for another day

Nas is the only rapper Jay ever said something slick to in regards to dropping jewels in their songs.

What is niggas really mad at? The message or the messenger?

He didn't sign Kanye because Kanye was a conscious rapper an that image ain't fit tha roc a fella roster jay words … but Dame saw different … erbody always sayin jay a good business men when he og never was he ain't become a solo business men think for himself till bp2… b4 that tha white business men did it 4 em an showed him in exchange he had to cut off all street ties

Niggas always got a different story for why Dame wanted to sign Kanye that makes Dame look like some visionary and Jay look blind...go look at any early Kanye West interview or just google Dame talking about why he wanted to sign Ye. He says flat out he didn't want to sign Kanye as a rapper. He wanted to sign him as a producer but he wanted to tap to. He knew another label, I think Capitol Records, was about to sign Ye so in order to keep Kanye's beats for ROC artists he gave Kanye a deal and thought he could just placate him by making a compilation album with a bunch of his beats and letting Ye spit a verse here and there. That's how the song "We Are The Champions" came about. Go listen to Kanye interviews right after Thru The Wire first blew up. He says he couldn't get Dame or Jay to really listen to what he had been making that's why he funded and shot the Thru The Wire video himself. They didn't get behind Ye as a rapper til after that song blew up. It had nothing to do with conscious shit.

But Dame is a visionary him and Biggs put tha money behind jay z… if not 4 Dame jay z woulda remain the Hawaii Sophie nigga …Dame brought cam,beans only 1 jay brought was tata and bleek

Hov brought the millions/fame/lifestyle

Biggs and Dame funded jay z they put tha money behind rd that's why he can't do pt2 wit out payin them

Another quote from Dame...whenever they needed money to shoot those early low budget videos he said Jay would disappear for a few days then come back with a bag of money for the video shoot....nigga if you going to dick ride Dame at least get his shit straight
    Share that link to that quote

Lol

Erythin was dames
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insecurity

Insecurity

This keeps being said. If there's an insecurity, why is that? In this particular instance, why would one be insecure?

I couldn't tell why niggas would be insecure I dont get why anybody would be in their feelings over this..

As for this subject, I actually somewhat agree with Jay. I think the whole putting cash up to your face thing is quite silly. I do agree with you that people in here kind of overreacted to Jay's statements. Boosie overreacted.

As for the insecure comment. I believe you and everyone in here who's made an insecure comment know exactly why said folks may be "insecure." You know why southerners feel the way they do. That insecurity as you call it didn't just pop up outta nowhere. There's gotta be a reason to feel that way. My two cents..
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 65,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6

Insecurity

Insecurity

As for this subject, I actually somewhat agree with Jay. I think the whole putting cash up to your face thing is quite silly. I do agree with you that people in here kind of overreacted to Jay's statements. Boosie overreacted.

As for the insecure comment. I believe you and everyone in here who's made an insecure comment know exactly why said folks may be "insecure." You know why southerners feel the way they do. That insecurity as you call it didn't just pop up outta nowhere. There's gotta be a reason to feel that way. My two cents..

And why do you think southerners might feel insecure to the point that they might catch feelings unnecessarily?
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insecurity

Insecurity

The whole money phone shit is not a southern thing it's an ignorant nigga thing across the country. That's what proves how insecure southern posters and artists were when they assumed it was targeting southern culture. 50 and Floyd been doing this money fuck shit. The Chiraq niggas been doing it. And so have rappers like meek up north.

Hov also defended Yung Thug and other southern rappers with the Tupac nose ring line as well.

Dawg, I didn't say Jay was speaking on southern culture. I was simply speaking on the insecure comment. I've already said I somewhat agree with Jay. This whole thing isn't really a big thing to me. I listen to Boosie, and didn't really feel him on what he said. He shouldn't speak on a whole state and it's citizens.

As for you, you've already made it clear in the past how you feel about southern blacks in general. So for you to bring up insecurity in southern blacks is funny. Niggas like you might be the problem..

The root of the insecurities from rappers like boosie and people on the IC from jay comes from their skewed perception he was going at southern niggas.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
  • NoCompetitionNoCompetition Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6

Insecurity

Insecurity

The whole money phone shit is not a southern thing it's an ignorant nigga thing across the country. That's what proves how insecure southern posters and artists were when they assumed it was targeting southern culture. 50 and Floyd been doing this money fuck shit. The Chiraq niggas been doing it. And so have rappers like meek up north.

Hov also defended Yung Thug and other southern rappers with the Tupac nose ring line as well.

Dawg, I didn't say Jay was speaking on southern culture. I was simply speaking on the insecure comment. I've already said I somewhat agree with Jay. This whole thing isn't really a big thing to me. I listen to Boosie, and didn't really feel him on what he said. He shouldn't speak on a whole state and it's citizens.

As for you, you've already made it clear in the past how you feel about southern blacks in general. So for you to bring up insecurity in southern blacks is funny. Niggas like you might be the problem..

Yeah its not a "Southerner thing" how can it be a Southerner thing when its very isolated incidents and not even isolated to the South? And every southerner dont do that. And it doesnt even matter. If you got a stack and want to hold it up to your ear like a phone, have at it. If somebody got something to say about what your doing they on your jock too hard. Why they watchin you like that? Jay was saying that as more an example for what to do and not do with money. As if thats all people do with their money. But it was more a spotlight on...man It was just a provocative line but meant nothing to me. Doesnt hurt a song. Cause no way you can really draw a correlation, that doesnt say what you do with the money. And thats their business and their money
    Aint no widespread "insecurity". That was one dude giving his response to a lyric....yep a lyric. Nothing there all around beyond discussion.
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,156 Regulator
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Jay use to clown people who rap like 4:44
    Better late than never

What rubs me the wrong way is media and fans pretending like no other rappers ever did or said this, but that's an argument for another day

Nas is the only rapper Jay ever said something slick to in regards to dropping jewels in their songs.

What is niggas really mad at? The message or the messenger?

He didn't sign Kanye because Kanye was a conscious rapper an that image ain't fit tha roc a fella roster jay words … but Dame saw different … erbody always sayin jay a good business men when he og never was he ain't become a solo business men think for himself till bp2… b4 that tha white business men did it 4 em an showed him in exchange he had to cut off all street ties

Niggas always got a different story for why Dame wanted to sign Kanye that makes Dame look like some visionary and Jay look blind...go look at any early Kanye West interview or just google Dame talking about why he wanted to sign Ye. He says flat out he didn't want to sign Kanye as a rapper. He wanted to sign him as a producer but he wanted to tap to. He knew another label, I think Capitol Records, was about to sign Ye so in order to keep Kanye's beats for ROC artists he gave Kanye a deal and thought he could just placate him by making a compilation album with a bunch of his beats and letting Ye spit a verse here and there. That's how the song "We Are The Champions" came about. Go listen to Kanye interviews right after Thru The Wire first blew up. He says he couldn't get Dame or Jay to really listen to what he had been making that's why he funded and shot the Thru The Wire video himself. They didn't get behind Ye as a rapper til after that song blew up. It had nothing to do with conscious shit.

But Dame is a visionary him and Biggs put tha money behind jay z… if not 4 Dame jay z woulda remain the Hawaii Sophie nigga …Dame brought cam,beans only 1 jay brought was tata and bleek

Hov brought the millions/fame/lifestyle

Biggs and Dame funded jay z they put tha money behind rd that's why he can't do pt2 wit out payin them

Another quote from Dame...whenever they needed money to shoot those early low budget videos he said Jay would disappear for a few days then come back with a bag of money for the video shoot....nigga if you going to dick ride Dame at least get his shit straight
    Share that link to that quote

He says it in the documentary they did about the making of Reasonable Doubt when he was talking about how they could afford all the shit in the "Feelin It" video
  • raheemclassickraheemclassick Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Boosie's stance is stupid, but it is weird how some common sense shit is suddenly profound just because Jay said it.

That says more about society than it says about Hov.
    texasdaking88
  • Karl.Karl. Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People take Jay lyrics way too seriously. Kinda proves how he's one of the GOATs.
    G.Avanttexasdaking88Revolver Ocelot
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man lock this shit
    blue_londonTheBoyRodnyce215nex gin
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 16,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    So much butthurt has sprouted from this thread on both sides, I could build a forest from it.

On one hand, Boosie and others like him look like fuckin fools, and are no better than the Sambos we chastise when they do Sambo shit. Any halfwit knows you don't need to pose with thousands of dollars just to prove you got something. If people know your hustle, they'll see it.

On the other, Jay ain't said shit that people didn't learn in basic financial literacy classes. The fact that it took Jay 48 years to figure all that out, it's stunning to me. The fact that people suddenly took it as hip-hop gospel is no better than these fuckin hicks out here who swear by the Pussy-In-Chief just because he's wealthy is even more sad. Lost niggs out here need someone - ANYONE - to tell them what to do, as long as they have some sort of clout in the world.

Schools have failed all y'all negroes. And now people are using hip-hop to play catch-up on both sides. Scust at this whole fuckin thread. No wonder why the Jews own NYC, and we out here struggling just to have a fucking Prince or Michael Jacking memorial party every year.

(BTW: I have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Banking, so I learned all this "money talks" bullshit last fuckin decade. Don't come at with your off-brand, Primerica financial 'knowledge.')
    AP21 wrote: »
    man lock this shit
    PLEASE DO.
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    trendsetta1030MarcusGarveytexasdaking88KnowReasonForPeace
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    How dare this hundred millionaire brag about his wealth by insulting how I brag my hundred thousandaire wealth over regular people.
    The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    4:44
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    MorganFreemanKing
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    On the other, Jay ain't said shit that people didn't learn in basic financial literacy classes. The fact that it took Jay 48 years to figure all that out, it's stunning to me.

Really? You really think it took a man worth $800+ million 48 years to learn financial literacy? Or are you just saying that because he's just now saying it plainly in a rap album?

I think it's obvious Jay had known what he's been doing the vast major of his career.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
    Breezy_Kilroytexasdaking88TheBoyRoRevolver Ocelot
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,035 Regulator
    AP21 wrote: »
    @stew, @sion...its time family

good looks bruh, I stopped coming in this thread 12 pages ago lol
18910111214»
This discussion has been closed.