What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, committed suicide

Replies

• trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats crazy. RIP..
    pro smoke, pro choke, anti-broke, conservative liberal..
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    Wow. Is that the one that used to yell like he was trying to destroy his voicebox ? Used to crack jokes about that shit.

Fucked up - they made decent music. Still listen to some of their old shit sometimes in the gym.

Wonder if dude tried to get help for all those problems ? Either way, apparently the shit didn't work.
  • PanchoYoSanchoPanchoYoSancho To all the killas and the hundid dolla billasPosts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P.

They had some jams back in the day.
  • obnoxiouslyfreshobnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Posts: 11,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I heard Linkin Park was in 2001. This white girl in my art class had never listened to rap. I had never listened to heavy metal. I swapped her my 36 chambers for her Hybrid Theory. I really liked the album. I'll never forget.

You needs go get your Wu cd back from that white girl

And Linkin Park isn't heavy metal

@Trillaaaaaa what is it considered to be?

She actually liked it. I was so happy. She wasn't goth but she was kind of an outcast. Would wear the chains on her pants.
    Angel out of heaven, such a goddess, have a nigga praying [-O<
    AggieLean.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats pretty unexpected. I used to love Linkin park when i was in elementary school. Their first 2 albums were dope af. Bought the Jay Z Mash up album too.
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »
    So shocking..they just dropped a new single not too long ago.

RIP.

I knows there's at least one person in that group thinking "this muhfucka just fucked up everybody's money"

Nah their sales will skyrocket and so will their views. Sad but true.

Bunch of RIP's on the "in the end" video right now.

Then there's that other nigga in the group thinking "we might could make this work for us"
    Busta Carmichael
  • TrillaaaaaaTrillaaaaaa Robbed a thick bitch for 30 bands, now she back strippin/ Threw 5 back at her just for not snitchin Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I heard Linkin Park was in 2001. This white girl in my art class had never listened to rap. I had never listened to heavy metal. I swapped her my 36 chambers for her Hybrid Theory. I really liked the album. I'll never forget.

She actually liked it. I was so happy. She wasn't goth but she was kind of an outcast. Would wear the chains on her pants.

Linkin Park is like pop metal or
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 33,183 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are alternative overall but back then considered nu metal/rap metal
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
    Lou_CypherMallyG
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remember they made music that white people were lovin for a couple of years, and then tried to flip and say they hated years later.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    mohamedTrillaaaaaa
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Mike Shinoda (the rapper from LP) is an underrated producer as well. He did that Fort Minor album and the Reanimation LP Remix albums and they had some awesome beats on them.

Shinoda was their producer in general until Rick Rubin came on board at Minutes to Midnight (from that point he became the group's co-producer).
    LUClENBenjaminE
  • powerman 5000powerman 5000 Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip to dude.. I saw them live when I lived in Austria... It was a good show. Dude lyrics always been dark, tho. smh..
    Cris “Cyborg” Justino: “I’ll Make Ronda Rousey’s Mom Cry When I Beat Her Pussy Daughter”

Screen_Shot_2016_01_25_at_12_01_26_PM.png
    Peezy_JenkinsBenjaminE
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 25,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take it back to the early 2000s
    dontdiedontkillanyonatribecalledgabi
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher

Mike Shinoda (the rapper from LP) is an underrated producer as well. He did that Fort Minor album and the Reanimation LP Remix albums and they had some awesome beats on them.

Shinoda was their producer in general until Rick Rubin came on board at Minutes to Midnight (from that point he became the group's co-producer).

Funny, thats the album where i stopped listening to them. They just werent the same to me. Maybe i just got older and outgrown them. I loved hybrid theory and meteora, but theres only a handful of songs i can listen to today from those albums.
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad shit. Depression is real. Mental health aint no joke.
    Busta Carmichael BenjaminE
  •  i ro ny i ro ny Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

damn and they just released new music this morning.