What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Ice Cube: "No Vaseline" is Better Than "Hit Em Up", it was More Personal

RickyRichRickyRich almighty ricky richEastend Scarbo Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=CN-Jzvxe6yE

Ice Cube’s “No Vaseline” is arguably one of the most scathing diss records ever released, and now Ice Cube has taken the time to discuss the record’s impact and where it stands in terms of diss records overall. During an interview, Cube was told that in the finals of diss records, “No Vaseline,” and 2 Pac’s “Hit Em Up” is at the top. Cube ended up saying his record is better, saying “We were in the same group, so it was more personal. They [Biggie and 2 Pac] were just friends.”
When Cube was asked if felt like 2 Pac’s diss was trying to close in on his space of releasing scathing diss records, he said “Nah. I mean 2 Pac’s was banging, but my loop was better too. Using that Dazz, that “Brick” [loop]… nah, nah, you gotta give it up to Pac. He’s one of the best that ever picked up a mic. But if he was here, I’d still tell him: You can’t fade ‘No Vaseline.’” When asked who he had in terms of 2 Pac versus Biggie, Cube said “If I’m talking about onstage passion, emcee from the heart, that’s 2 Pac. I’m just talking about lyrically gymnastics, that’s Biggie.”
The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

silverfoxxmacmurda313 wayzKneeGro_DuperManBDBIIDRevolver OcelotTHE_R_black caesarPreach2TeachCSOPQsTaY_TrUeIdiopathic JokerLagniappeXtrabigbird_1KingFreemanMallyGdnyce215illestni99ainnenickel-us P

Replies

• bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hitemup is the best diss song in hip hop....then its between ether and no vasoline
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    RickyRichCainKneeGro_DuperManking hassanMr.LVRevolver Ocelotnex ginonetoughmiracleCeLLaR-DooRKamPushMegman82MrCrookedLetterCSOPQGhostdenithegawdsTaY_TrUeqawshunblue_londonCJKingFreemandnyce215infamous114thegreatunknownBabaaaillestni99ainneChi SnowTheNuttinProffessorR2_163
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both classic diss tracks. But no vaseline was so vicious
  • BetaBeta Posts: 63,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't this a thread already? Like last year?
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

THE_R_thagreat45
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO Ether>>> No Vaseline>>> Hit Em Up...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
    sapp08_2001GetoBoyRevolver OcelotonetoughmiracleTHE_R_Olorun22Mr 202sTaY_TrUeKingFreemanthagreat45The Prodigalsondeemula420
    Cain wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    Hitemup is the best diss song in hip hop....then its between ether and no vasoline

No Vaseline broke up a group and got Heller fired. Hit em Up is one bar that people remember lol stop it

Hitemup had a bigger impact in hip hop and much more emotion....much more scathing

#unfukwitable
    SELASI_iBender RodriguezonetoughmiracleblacktuxCSOPQMr 202optimisticillestni99ainne
    No Vaseline might very well be the better diss, but you don't get much more personal than telling a man you fucked his wife at the beginning of the song.

No vasoline is personal but pac made it sound more personal which is very important

#unfukwitable
    optimisticthagreat45blackgod813

No Vaseline broke up a group and got Heller fired. Hit em Up is one bar that people remember lol stop it

Hitemup had a bigger impact in hip hop and much more emotion....much more scathing

Lol at emotions. Cube was speaking facts that anyone can check Pac made a statement that no one can confirm.

Facts>>>>>>>>>>

Thats cute...hitemup is a much better song and much more hard hitting even if its not facts

#unfukwitable
    blackgod813infamous114
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 43,926 Regulator

Lol at emotions. Cube was speaking facts that anyone can check Pac made a statement that no one can confirm.

Facts>>>>>>>>>>

Thats cute...hitemup is a much better song and much more hard hitting even if its not facts

Nah
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    nickel-us P
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree with the thread title.
  • bdbdbdbdbdbd Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as ive got older and matured i have started to agree with this statement. Hit up was hard tho
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/531712/scumbag/p12

^^^^^^

The scumbag thread

Embrace the Scumshine
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This true.

Cube>>>>>>>>>>>Pac also

SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    optimisticKingFreemanthagreat45
    AZTG wrote: »

Facts>>>>>>>>>>

How does this make any sense?

I fucked ur bitch you fat mother fucker

Fuck bad boy as a staff, record label, and a ma fuckin crew

No one knows if pac fucked faith..probably did and the agression in his voice during the song is so venomous

#unfukwitable
    onetoughmiracle