What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

DJ Akademiks Says Lil Wayne Carter 3 Is Not A Classic

Replies

• CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't kno' people thought Carter 3 was classic. I thought it was alright when it came out. It's dope by today's poor standards but nowhere near classic
    thagreat45R2_163
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky Posts: 35,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Solid album

Nothing special
    (Really though?)
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    Solid Timepiece, not a classic though

Let The Beat Build is probably the instrumental of the decade tho

Anyone else watch this show faithfully aside from me?
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    Roster Player #99CeLLaR-DooR
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Damn shame the bootleg version had like 28 tracks of fire. This shit hit and all i could do is SMH. Such a disappointment from Carter and Carter 2 along with the fire mixtapes before it.

the carter 3 had a bootleg version??is there a site out there with this??

SMH. You gotta track down the bootleg man in SD back in those days. Also Limewire had all 28 tracks too
    onetoughmiracle
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    I have definetly listened to NYC The Album more than C3...

5th LetterBetagenocidecutter
  • BetaBeta #FastFamily Posts: 65,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    True
    Beta wrote: »
    New York City the Album by Troy Ave >>>> Carter 3

And I'M DEADASS my guy

Of course you are, cuz only you and Troy's mama really believe that shit.

Stop being a hater and/or sheep that is his magnum opus and I'm not even trolling this time. Carter 3 <<<<<

Matta fact, billfiger I need you B
    justise-winslow-dunk-shot-science.gif?w=418

giphy.gif

• KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Was an aight album. Not a classic.

C1 and C2 were better albums IMO.
    CashmoneyDuxthagreat45
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 52,024 Regulator
    True
    KINGEC wrote: »
    Was an aight album. Not a classic.

C1 and C2 were better albums IMO.

Lol going out on a limb there bruh (Sarcasm)
    tumblr_mr81yvqfbH1rjp688o8_540.jpg
    tumblr_p06lruvfZL1u1kyq6o2_540.gif
    tumblr_p06q1lNuNh1tctq75o2_540.gif
    BetaMatike85StoneColdMikeyRevolver Ocelot
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Matike85 wrote: »
    I wish the IC Data can go back to 2008 and pull y'all comments on Wayne back then about Carter 3
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

Ask @StoneColdMikey ive been anti Voltron since day 1
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    StoneColdMikey
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Beta wrote: »
    Lol @ Mrs officer and Nobody listened to lollipop after 2009

These aint classic songs just poppin songs during a time when wack shit was out

This

I listen to C1 and C2 and The leak from time to time. But i rarely go back into C3 to bump unless my phone is on shuffle. Same thing with C3 in public. I heard all types of shit from the past being bumped. I hardly see niggas on a drop top sunny day bumping C3.
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    thagreat45
  • Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    False
    I wish the IC Data can go back to 2008 and pull y'all comments on Wayne back then about Carter 3
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

Ask @StoneColdMikey ive been anti Voltron since day 1

Y'all Reason niggas need to jump on YouTube because chat Niggas are Roasting and humiliating DJ Akademiks in the comments section.... He needs y'all support from this thread

49qrqj7fyabh.png
    bawbnq1t7aiz.png
    xi6qbeca49ui.png
    52cw60escmgk.png

infamous114CashmoneyDuxthagreat45DarthRozayilledoutBroddie
  • OnnaThursdayOnnaThursday Posts: 236 ✭✭
    True
    Didn't match the fire of his his tapes or Carter 2 imo

thagreat45
    True
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

What does that have to do with after time passing in 2017 niggas thinking the impact doesn't last to be called a classic? Part of what makes a classic is still having replay value and quality years after it came out. C3 was on fire for like a year. After that no niggas played that shit often. Where as i still play illmatic and low end theory front to back often.
    onetoughmiracleLurker6
    False
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

What does that have to do with after time passing in 2017 niggas thinking the impact doesn't last to be called a classic? Part of what makes a classic is still having replay value and quality years after it came out. C3 was on fire for like a year. After that no niggas played that shit often. Where as i still play illmatic and low end theory front to back often.

Opinions are Asshole everybody have one... that why I post YouTube comments to the thread....Everybody have the right to their own opinion but Mass Audience determine what a Classic or not ... not your or My personal opinion. It's like me saying Adele 25 album is not classic because I do not listen to her music.... but to the mass audience Adele 25 is a classic ....and to the mass audience the Carter 3 is Lil Wayne's classic...The mass audience determines the term classic for an album at end of day
    illedoutinfamous114
    True
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

Opinions are Asshole everybody have one... that why I post YouTube comments to the thread....Everybody have the right to their own opinion but Mass Audience determine what a Classic or not ... not your or My personal opinion. It's like me saying Adele 25 album is not classic because I do not listen to her music.... but to the mass audience Adele 25 is a classic ....and to the mass audience the Carter 3 is Lil Wayne's classic...The mass audience determines the term classic for an album at end of day

Hammer and Ice got classics?

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    illedout
    False
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

Yup... and that's my point.
    443ehi2ynsjn.gif

I Self Lord & MasteronetoughmiracleLurker6illedoutmiamivice305
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True
    Get money came on the radio this morning actually....its sad how it really doesnt hold up at all
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    Kid Dynasty
    True
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

443ehi2ynsjn.gif

Name Vanilla ices classic

icUWzM.gif

Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
    Kid Dynastyilledout
    edited September 13
    False
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

443ehi2ynsjn.gif

Name Vanilla ices classic

The Mass Audience love this song even brought the album in 1990.... but real hip hop dude hated this dude... Carter 3 is the Crossover Album just like Vanilla Ice To the Extreme Album in 90...Crossover to the mass audience always equal Classic to the majority of the public

5agyr1zn2alr.gif
    infamous114genocidecutterKid Dynastyilledout
    True
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

The people who decide to comment (Stans of wayne) and the mass audience are 2 totally different things. The people who passionately love lil wayne replied on comments to stan. Whereas the majority of people who don't fuck with wayne don't even both to comment on a complex news page.

Niggas including wayne stans aren't playing C3 nearly a decade later at high volumes. It sold well due to hype but it is not a classic.
    False
    6w6723hrc1n6.gif

The people who decide to comment (Stans of wayne) and the mass audience are 2 totally different things. The people who passionately love lil wayne replied on comments to stan. Whereas the majority of people who don't fuck with wayne don't even both to comment on a complex news page.

Niggas including wayne stans aren't playing C3 nearly a decade later at high volumes. It sold well due to hype but it is not a classic.

But in 25 years when they honor Lil Wayne because if he dies ... God Forbid ... or touring like them old school artists now .. when the mass audience remember Lil Wayne.... they will remember the Carter 3 album the most because it's his Crossover album... and the mass audience that his Classic
    Trollio MorganFreemanKing