nujerz84 ✭✭✭✭✭

About

Username
nujerz84
Joined
Visits
2,791
Last Active
Roles
Members
Points
8,750
Badges
22
Posts
12,522
  • Re: Mom Arrested After Asking Police To Talk To Young Son About Stealing

    smh
    Young StefBOSSExcellencechiyosukeSo ILLJusDre313iron man1blakfyahkingCashmoneyDux
  • Re: DC COMICS CANCELS "BATGIRL" JOKER VARIANT COVER AT ARTIST'S REQUEST

    Broddie wrote: »
    It's about context.

    If that was a panel in lets say one of Scott Snyder's many grimdark stories like Death of the Family that would be one thing.

    However the rest of the Joker cover variants for that month are lighthearted in comparison and don't depict anything more than a harmless crime, standard attack or prank from The Joker. At the most you'd get Joker venom victims. It definitely comes across as something more mean spirited and in bad taste when compared to the rest.

    I mean compare the following sequence of images and let me know which one completely sticks out like a sore thumb.

    SM-Cv41-joker-variant-solicitation-55598.jpg

    JUSTL-Cv41-Joker-var-9daa1.jpg

    GOTHAC-Cv7-joker-variant-solicitation-2-a9326.jpg

    FLSH-Cv41-joker-variant-f7a98.jpg

    BG-Cv41-Joker-variant-solicitation-68d7f.jpg

    Another thing is that particular comic series is not only lighthearted & tonally positive but also features a heroine who embraces superheroics and does her best to be the most competent hero that she can be.

    Here we have the foundations of the book's tone completely shaken up to the point that it lands on the opposite end of the spectrum unlike the other variant covers. On top of that we have the competent heroine who smirks at the face of adversity cowering like an incompetent victim and with tears of horror in her eyes to further accentuate that point at that.

    Hell yeah that could come across as pretty jarring especially to people who regularly read that particular title. I'm sure if a Joker variant for Red Hood & The Outlaws featured a similar scenario with Joker hovering over a cowering Jason Todd with a crow bar it would also ruffle feathers. Simply because the tone and content of RH&tO doesn't gel with portraying Jason in that light.

    So I see no problem with people not only being offended by it but the artist himself deciding he'd like to have it pulled from publication altogether. Remember it was the artist who made the suggestion and insisted on it to DC not the other way around.

    Bad taste is simply bad taste and I'm glad I live in a society that is still mostly sane enough to comprehend that.

    Furthermore I'm someone who completely hates the notion that some creators and fans have that The Killing Joke must always so greatly define every single moment of Barbara Gordon's life. To the point that it becomes a crutch and makes it seem like she was not able to overcome that adverse situation because it never leaves her mind.

    Or how it promotes the notion that she's pretty much nothing without that story defining her; well I'm glad to see people take a stand against further exploitation of that overrated ass story's narrative.

    All I got from your long ass post


    crying-baby.jpg


    calm the fuck down.
    Broddiea.manngnsCashmoneyDuxSmokey Tha Banditfortyacres&amuleqawshun
  • Re: Wiz Khalifa performs at WWE raw. Crowd is not amused.

    I stopped watching the shit long ago but The argument being made bashing pro wrestling is retarded on many levels.
    Already Home_17Peezy_Jenkinseternal soldierJokerKingTheEyeronic1jayvon32infamous114CashmoneyDuxCP203bkzlostchildTheBoyRoVIBEwillhustleCopperYoung Gunner
  • Re: Geraldo Rivera: Hip-Hop’s Done ‘More Damage’ to Minorities Than Racism in the Last Decade..

    Stiff wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    If you guys don't think a rapper can glorify gang life, drug dealing and gun violence, you must not be listening to the good stuff.

    In fact, you must not have heard any rap in the past 25 years if you deny that rap music CAN have a negative effect on youth via the lyrics.

    Or maybe ya'll just sincerely don't remember what the Black community was like prior to the gangsta rap era.

    Crack and gang infested?

    How old are you?

    Ever see The Cosby Show?

    Granted, I didn't grow up in "the hood" the 80s was post civil rights era. Martin Luther King's birthday was made into a holiday and you began to see the beginnings of a Black middle class.

    When gangsta rap came around it was like a double edged sword. On one hand it was the voice of the underclass; The voice of the voiceless. On the other hand, it confused children and teenagers who, could have been encouraged to stay in school and go to college, instead they said "fuck the world", smoked weed, got drunk, sold drugs and in many cases, went to jail (and in some cases people are still in jail from the early gangsta rap era)

    The incarceration rate has gone up 700% since the early 70s. That means if there were 100 people in jail in 1970, there's 700 people in the same jail now.

    Here's some more statistics; Blacks drop out of high school at a higher rate than whites. In Trenton, NJ the dropout/graduation rate is around 50%. For some reason Black dropouts have a higher incarceration rate than White dropouts, and Blacks dropout at a higher rate. One obvious solution would be to stay in school and go on to college. Black College graduates have a far lower incarceration rate than Black high school dropouts.

    I can remember what I would consider the turning point. It was in the late 80s. Spike Lee was the new kid on the block and he was producing and directing his own movies with all black casts. His movies had a positive vibe to them and whenever one of his movies dropped the Black Community would flood the theaters. One of his movies, School Daze came out in 1988. It was about a fictional Black College. The characters all had their heads on strait(relatively speaking) and we're pursuing degrees in college. There was a scene where the college students had a run in with the locals in the town who resented the presence of the college kids.

    It was around that time that Schooly D, Boogie Down Productions and NWA came out. They aired a lot of dirty laundry. People could relate to gangsta rap and I suppose it was a combination of socio-economic class, upbringing and having positive role models but between 1988 and 1995 it went from Spike Lee making movies about Black kids going to college to movies like Menace to Society (which was a great movie directed by John Singleton another Black director) to rappers like Tupac tattooing Thug Life on his stomach and Biggie rapping about being a crack dealer in the first person.

    I was in my twenties during the 90s and I could see the shift. It went from wanting to be like Theo on the Cosby Show to wanting to be "a real nigga" that curses all the time, does drugs, goes to jail and ultimately ends up dead. If you didn't live in that era don't even bother responding.

    It's impossible to argue that the incarceration rate has declined since the gangsta rap era. The only reason there may appear to be a lower incarceration date is that the jails/prisons are overcrowded so there's nowhere to put the criminal after he's found guilty. The Criminal Justice System is experimenting with different Community corrections techniques like electronic bracelets or extended community service. Unfortunately, when you look at the statistics, things are worse than they've ever been.

    I would go through and pick this apart but I'ma just leave it at this:

    The bolded is wrong.

    and also incarceration rates don't equate to crime rates. Crime rates are decreasing, but harsh sentencing (mandatory minimums) keeps the incarceration rate from decreasing.

    That's simply not true. The prisons are overcrowded so the Criminal Justice system has/had to experiment with alternative forms of punishment such as community service, pretrial supervision, remote location monitoring, weekend programs, in day reporting centers, work programs, treatment programs and other forms of sanction like home detention.

    I'm a Criminal Justice major and my textbook is sitting in my lap. We could go on all night if you want.

    There's nothing to go all night about...you're ignoring facts. The homicide rate for Black males is nearly half today what it was in 1980 -- which was before mainstream rap was ignorant or violent

    vrg8wy.png source: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

    The dropout rate for Blacks aged 16-24 today is nearly half of what it was back in 1972

    jg1ity.png source : http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2012/2012006.pdf

    The median income of Black Americans peaked in 2000 (when it was roughly $9,000 higher than it was in the 70s-80s) and only fell because of the Great Recession

    2mesfn9.png source : http://blackdemographics.com/households/african-american-income/ [/IMG]

    All you want to talk about is incarceration rates, which actually hurts your argument. If the crime rate is decreasing for Black Americans why isn't the incarceration rate decreasing? Could it be systemic racism embedded in the criminal justice system which disproportionally targets and incarcerates Blacks? But nah let's keep talking about rap songs.

    I figured it out. If you look at the charts you posted, it says "rate per 100,000". There's 75 million more people in America than there was in 1980. There is most definitely more crime.

    Bro...kids today are less violent than kids of 1980. Violent crime rates of every major city are lower than what they were in 1980. All of the data shows that. Pick any source you want to choose to believe (even though the sources I dropped were compiled by the federal government). Stop believing media hyperbole.

    The violent crime rate for black adults age 18-24 today is lower than what it was for black adults 18-24 in 1980. Your theory of incapacitation can't account for that. If you want to argue based on nostalgic feelings then go ahead, but the numbers just aren't on your side. I don't know what else to tell you.

    Study by the Bureau of Justice Division Statistics of US Department of Justice.


    Using FBI Statistical Information specifically the Supplementary Homicide Report that came be found in the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data.


    In closing that guy has proven throughout his posting history to be a fucking idiot.
    Stiff5 GrandhousemouseilledoutFuriousOneAlready Home_17miamivice305
  • Re: So Eminem Won The Grammy For Album Of The Year

    Wold folks be upset if Run the Jewels 2 won Best Rap Album Next Year? ( Seeing as its been called best rap album, few even named it one of the best albums overall by several music critics)
    StoneColdMikeyAlready Home_17