The Lonious Monk · Man with No Fucks Given · ✭✭✭✭✭

About

Username
The Lonious Monk
Joined
Visits
6,260
Last Active
Roles
Members
Points
37,728
Posts
24,047
Badges
26
  • Re: Prodigy from Mobb Deep passed away today

    RickyRich wrote: »
    Y god couldnt call bill o riley ass up

    Cause Bill O'Reilly won't be going to God.
    power_wisdomSoloman_The_Wisenex ginRickyRichgenocidecutterMallyGJoker_De_La_Loverbigev240Like WaterL3NUMrCrookedLetterLcnsdbyROYALTYillestni99ainneBreezy_KilroyBDBIIDChiCityTrillfateMorganFreemanKingblackrainnatural born sinners
  • Re: Prodigy from Mobb Deep passed away today

    I know it's probably been posted already, but this is like the epitome of 90s NYC Hip Hop to me.

    blakfyahking
  • Re: "You cannot say Black Lives Matter and then kill yourselves" - Stevie Wonder

    optimistic wrote: »
    Hey can someone unconfuse me? If the BLM movement started because blacks were being abused by the police, and the police weren't being prosecuted, which led to protests, etc.....

    How is black on black crime even in the same conversation? Considering the prison population, black on black crime, seems to be met with swift "justice" so who am I to protest? and when has any community been crime free?

    It's not. Stevie was making the suggestion that a movement titled Black Lives Matter should address more than just police brutality.
    dnyce215
  • Re: "You cannot say Black Lives Matter and then kill yourselves" - Stevie Wonder

    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

    Your point and Stevies is still not only ridiculous but unnecessary. Of course there are people falling short of what they espouse. However, neither you nor Stevie have any information that supports this idea that there is a large enough segment of the Black community that hold the BLM sentiment yet are committing crimes against Blacks. In other words some things just don't need to be said. So, when a person of Stevies stature says such things it certainly gives the impression that there is a problem. I don't believe there is one. You can believe whatever you like.

    I addressed your point. You are pulling shit out of thin air to make non-points or to support strawman arguments.
    I didn't even feel the need to address your "EVERYBODY on the IC" garbage because it simply isn't true. I chose to focus on the rest of your comment which was Blacks beating on Blacks which was nothing short of a dig at Blacks.

    From what I understand BLM is active in various activities within Black community. However, even if they were not, SO THE FUCK WHAT? BLM was created with a specific goal which, is to bring awareness to police brutality. There 100's of other Black organizations across the country dedicated to addressing violence within the Black community. But no one cares about those groups because they are to busy shitting on BLM because, they are the most visible, only because, they are calling out whites and their 100's of years of violence against Blacks.

    Look man, your whole stance is based on the idea that only black people who are killing other black people need to hear what he's saying. Again, that's objectively false. Someone else already pointed out that there are people in the audience that might serve well as teacher, mentors, etc... that are gung ho on fighting the police but never considered how much of a difference they might make by taking on the internal struggle. Someone of Stevie's stature saying that may be the thing that gets them to consider it.

    Here goes another person misusing the term strawman. You don't understand that you're the one that's making a strawman argument. You do it again here. The point of my argument was not that blacks beat on blacks. Most violence is intraracial. If you believe what I said is a dig at blacks then the point I was making is 100 ft over your head and I have no idea how to bring it down to you. And if my "Everybody on the IC" statement is garbage, please name the black poster on here that is cool with seeing white people beat black people.

    And I agree with your last paragraph. Again, I don't think Stevie is taking shots at the BLM organization, so white you're 100% correct, it's also 100% irrelevant. Unless of course you believe Stevie was actually criticizing BLM members solely, then we can just agree to disagree.

    Sorry dude. I am not buying what you're peddling. I am sticking with my opinion of the overwhelming majority of Black people who support BLM are also aware of our internal struggle and are active in that fight as well. Making what Stevie said, unnecessary, confusing and fodder for coons and supporters of White Supremacy. However, I don't believe Stevie was intentionally trying to harm. His track record is strong.

    This was your statement. "Everybody on here has a problem with white on black violence of any kind." I am totally ok with a white person beating the stank off of a black person robbing them or randomly subjecting them to violence.

    It's more important just like with Cosby that our elders filter what the hell they are saying in public. There are to many spin masters out here and we have legislation being made or not made based on the divisiveness that exists in statements like Stevies.




    Fair enough. The phrase "violence of any kind" was too imprecise. And while I see value in Stevie's comments that you don't, I do agree that figures like him have to be careful when they make these comments because of the enemies that will misuse them.

    I see value in Stevies comments as well. His track record is strong. My concern is the misuse which, seems like in our climate people are more than willing to latch onto for nefarious reasons.

    Yeah, it does put black figures in a fucked up "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.
    optimistic
  • Re: "You cannot say Black Lives Matter and then kill yourselves" - Stevie Wonder

    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

    Your point and Stevies is still not only ridiculous but unnecessary. Of course there are people falling short of what they espouse. However, neither you nor Stevie have any information that supports this idea that there is a large enough segment of the Black community that hold the BLM sentiment yet are committing crimes against Blacks. In other words some things just don't need to be said. So, when a person of Stevies stature says such things it certainly gives the impression that there is a problem. I don't believe there is one. You can believe whatever you like.

    I addressed your point. You are pulling shit out of thin air to make non-points or to support strawman arguments.
    I didn't even feel the need to address your "EVERYBODY on the IC" garbage because it simply isn't true. I chose to focus on the rest of your comment which was Blacks beating on Blacks which was nothing short of a dig at Blacks.

    From what I understand BLM is active in various activities within Black community. However, even if they were not, SO THE FUCK WHAT? BLM was created with a specific goal which, is to bring awareness to police brutality. There 100's of other Black organizations across the country dedicated to addressing violence within the Black community. But no one cares about those groups because they are to busy shitting on BLM because, they are the most visible, only because, they are calling out whites and their 100's of years of violence against Blacks.

    Look man, your whole stance is based on the idea that only black people who are killing other black people need to hear what he's saying. Again, that's objectively false. Someone else already pointed out that there are people in the audience that might serve well as teacher, mentors, etc... that are gung ho on fighting the police but never considered how much of a difference they might make by taking on the internal struggle. Someone of Stevie's stature saying that may be the thing that gets them to consider it.

    Here goes another person misusing the term strawman. You don't understand that you're the one that's making a strawman argument. You do it again here. The point of my argument was not that blacks beat on blacks. Most violence is intraracial. If you believe what I said is a dig at blacks then the point I was making is 100 ft over your head and I have no idea how to bring it down to you. And if my "Everybody on the IC" statement is garbage, please name the black poster on here that is cool with seeing white people beat black people.

    And I agree with your last paragraph. Again, I don't think Stevie is taking shots at the BLM organization, so white you're 100% correct, it's also 100% irrelevant. Unless of course you believe Stevie was actually criticizing BLM members solely, then we can just agree to disagree.

    Sorry dude. I am not buying what you're peddling. I am sticking with my opinion of the overwhelming majority of Black people who support BLM are also aware of our internal struggle and are active in that fight as well. Making what Stevie said, unnecessary, confusing and fodder for coons and supporters of White Supremacy. However, I don't believe Stevie was intentionally trying to harm. His track record is strong.

    This was your statement. "Everybody on here has a problem with white on black violence of any kind." I am totally ok with a white person beating the stank off of a black person robbing them or randomly subjecting them to violence.

    It's more important just like with Cosby that our elders filter what the hell they are saying in public. There are to many spin masters out here and we have legislation being made or not made based on the divisiveness that exists in statements like Stevies.




    Fair enough. The phrase "violence of any kind" was too imprecise. And while I see value in Stevie's comments that you don't, I do agree that figures like him have to be careful when they make these comments because of the enemies that will misuse them.
    optimistic