What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

5 Years On... Still Shining

rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Essence
J+Dilla+jd.jpg

February 10, 2011 marks the 5th Anniversary of James Dewitt Yancey's passing. His legend has been growing every year.

I remember when I heard the news on the radio, I was gobsmacked.

Life goes on and I will honour the man's greatness to the best of my ability.

rip.dilla

Comments

• RuffDraftRuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    J+Dilla+jd.jpg

February 10, 2011 marks the 5th Anniversary of James Dewitt Yancey's passing. His legend has been growing every year.

I remember when I heard the news on the radio, I was gobsmacked.

Life goes on and I will honour the man's greatness to the best of my ability.

rip.dilla

5 years? Damn, remember buying The Shining shortly after... too long to be without him. RIP Dilla. Props on the link, what's on it?
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Props on the link, what's on it?

MUSIC ENTIRELY produced by the man.
  • Food & LiquorFood & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited February 2011
    I wish I got into Dilla when he was around, absolute legend and one of the greatest producers the genre has ever seen.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011

Kinda new 🤬 .