What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Equipment for makin beats??

D.OriginalD.Original Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Fresh Produce
i got 300 dollars to throw down on a drum machine, keyboard or computer program, whatever i need to start makin some beats. idk if i wana go with the actual machines or just get a program. i know 300 aint much but whatever advice yall got to get me started is much appreciated.

Replies

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    mane wit just 300, u better search Ebay...shit is expensive outchea...

better get u a torrent and dine load fl studio and some drum kits...
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    For $300 you could by Ableton Live. It's a GREAT program. It's also free if you know where to look on the net...
    awq1l4.png

xp0aqu.png
  • D.OriginalD.Original Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    aight someone school me on the basics then. from what i kno, im thinking i need a drum machine, keyboard and some type of computer recording program. whats good when it comes to the drum machines?
  • money mobmoney mob Posts: 420
    edited March 2011
    $300 is kinda light to get started but if you have a computer already, all you need is a DAW, a midi controller, headphones and studio monitorsr to make beats.

Search Craigslist first to see if you can get a good deal on any of these.

This joint right now is on sale for $99.
    akai-mpk25.jpg

I can shoot you whatever software for your DAW to get started.

If you dont have a computer at all, you are gonna need more scrilla to get started.
    edited March 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    If u want software i suggest torrents.

anything software related is free.

where can i get torrents for free?
  • Kang_Solomon_GrundyKang_Solomon_Grundy Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    D.Original wrote: »
    lmao!!!!!!!
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited March 2011
    lmao!!!!!!!

LOL....dont laugh at the homie.

It shows that he is really new to this. LOL
    edited March 2011

I know torrents work for some folks but I could never understand it so I would get mine from download links posted on blogs and other messageboards.
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i got 300 dollars to throw down on a drum machine, keyboard or computer program, whatever i need to start makin some beats. idk if i wana go with the actual machines or just get a program. i know 300 aint much but whatever advice yall got to get me started is much appreciated.

$300 really isn't a lot at all. But if you already have a decent computer just download a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) such as FL Studio, Reason, Pro tools, etc. from a torrent. (I would recommend FL Studio since the learning curve is a lot easier than other DAW's...) Download Vuze from Vuze.com. and you can search/download torrents from there. or thepiratebay.org.

Get a cheap Midi Controller (probably something from M audio) Some Headphones and some Monitor Speakers.

Young-Ice wrote: »
    lol

thats not very much money

here's a video of a really dope keyboard thats out of your price range

I would rather the XF version of this though...lol
    edited March 2011
    KINGEC wrote: »
    $300 really isn't a lot at all. But if you already have a decent computer just download a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) such as FL Studio, Reason, Pro tools, etc. from a torrent. (I would recommend FL Studio since the learning curve is a lot easier than other DAW's...) Download Vuze from Vuze.com. and you can search/download torrents from there. or thepiratebay.org.

Get a cheap Midi Controller (probably something from M audio) Some Headphones and some Monitor Speakers.

I would rather the XF version of this though...lol

now we gettin somewhere
    edited March 2011
    money mob wrote: »
    I know torrents work for some folks but I could never understand it so I would get mine from download links posted on blogs and other messageboards.

hook it up
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    now we gettin somewhere

Would also look for some VST's to better your sound.

Try looking at Hypersonic 2 or Nexus 2.

I don't use them anymore but they're pretty good.