What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Offical Treme Season 2 Thread

Ounceman
Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Im surprised to see this hasnt been made yet. its coming on tonight at 10:00. being a fan of the first season, i was patiently waiting for this day as it's been marked off on my calender. but then again the creators are david simon and eric overmeyer, u cant expect anything less than true quality. any fans on here? what are your thoughts and predictions for this season? the synospsis is stating its taking place 14 months after katrina and the crime is going up. i personally didnt want them to 🤬 of creighton(goodman's character) as he had quotables for days. but im curious to see where this goes next
«13

Comments

  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to watch it and The Big C season 2
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    But Kreighton The Chef and The Dj are all waste of time to me
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    MrJR wrote: »
    But Kreighton The Chef and The Dj are all waste of time to me



    Unno. i enjoyed creighton's character somewhat. his youtube rants were priceless. but i agree with u about dj. he's no more than a meandering, abrading, awkward twerp who adds virtually nothing to the show. and judging from the first episode, it seems like there will be more of the same with him this season as well.

    as for my thoughts on the first episode: one thing i really want to bring attention to is the music of this show. it has to have bar none the best music of any show on right now. from hearing the live bands, to the duet performances, to hearing new orleans dixieland numbers played by musicians. even the little boy attempting to play trumpet in the beginning adds to the verismilitude of the show. it perfectly captures the essence and vibrance of the city. along with the cajun accents. o yea lol @ juvenile performing on stage. as for the characters, i see antoine is still trying to step up the ladder in the music world by finding gigs. smh @ the insurance companies 🤬 albert. i think janette shouldve stayed put in new orleans. even though werent looking on the up and up. i think she'll end up more miserable in new york. im already predicting that annie and dj's relationship will get annoying quick. ladonna's business doesnt seem like its struggling that much. and the newly added lieutenant character pretty much implies that crime is up in the city and will continue to rise throughout the season. which means 🤬 will get real pretty soon.

    This is, imo, without the shadow of a doubt one of the best shows on tv right now. its the type of show, like the wire, that will demand your attention to the nuances and details. but, also like the wire and the first season as well, it will continue to go unnoticed and be ignored by millions of mindless tv viewers who prefer simplistic and escapist tv entertainment like the game, jersey shore, real housewives, and the real world. where's bornandraisedcmr? he's a fan of david simon and he's from new orleans. im curious to know what he thought about the pilot episode tonight
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Can I just start watching this or do I really need to see Season 1 first?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice #YM Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    you need to start from season 1, coz of the various characters and the lessons in music and katrina

    Alright thanks. I tired to watch it tonight but I was kinda lost so I am going to check out season 1.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Alright thanks. I tired to watch it tonight but I was kinda lost so I am going to check out season 1.



    Yea def. check out season 1 first. not only do most of the characters return, but the story arch will start to make more sense to u
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Unno. i enjoyed creighton's character somewhat. his youtube rants were priceless. but i agree with u about dj. he's no more than a meandering, abrading, awkward twerp who adds virtually nothing to the show. and judging from the first episode, it seems like there will be more of the same with him this season as well.

    as for my thoughts on the first episode: one thing i really want to bring attention to is the music of this show. it has to have bar none the best music of any show on right now. from hearing the live bands, to the duet performances, to hearing new orleans dixieland numbers played by musicians. even the little boy attempting to play trumpet in the beginning adds to the verismilitude of the show. it perfectly captures the essence and vibrance of the city. along with the cajun accents. o yea lol @ juvenile performing on stage. as for the characters, i see antoine is still trying to step up the ladder in the music world by finding gigs. smh @ the insurance companies 🤬 albert. i think janette shouldve stayed put in new orleans. even though werent looking on the up and up. i think she'll end up more miserable in new york. im already predicting that annie and dj's relationship will get annoying quick. ladonna's business doesnt seem like its struggling that much. and the newly added lieutenant character pretty much implies that crime is up in the city and will continue to rise throughout the season. which means 🤬 will get real pretty soon.

    This is, imo, without the shadow of a doubt one of the best shows on tv right now. its the type of show, like the wire, that will demand your attention to the nuances and details. but, also like the wire and the first season as well, it will continue to go unnoticed and be ignored by millions of mindless tv viewers who prefer simplistic and escapist tv entertainment like the game, jersey shore, real housewives, and the real world. where's bornandraisedcmr? he's a fan of david simon and he's from new orleans. im curious to know what he thought about the pilot episode tonight
    Great post

    Yeah, the wire and Treme are my favorite shows. i loved everything about the first Treme season. And the soundtrack... oh boy I HAD to download like 70 percent of the songs I heard thruout the first season. Great thread and let's keep the discussion going
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    uaintknow wrote: »
    Great post

    Yeah, the wire and Treme are my favorite shows. i loved everything about the first Treme season. And the soundtrack... oh boy I HAD to download like 70 percent of the songs I heard thruout the first season. Great thread and let's keep the discussion going

    Thanks. And yea let's. No need for mento up this thread since it's stickied (appreciates the mods for doing it). But new episode tonight again at 10:00. Hope everybody will be tuning in
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Damn they giving dude the run around about his own son dying. I'm sure that's how it is in real life as well
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lol, homeboy was going to town on them keys
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Thanks. And yea let's. No need for mento up this thread since it's stickied (appreciates the mods for doing it). But new episode tonight again at 10:00. Hope everybody will be tuning in

    🤬 too bad I can't watch Treme on TV since I don't live in the states. Always gotta download the latest episode like a few days after it's release.
    Not many people watching this tho.... US viewers for the first ep of the second season 0.61 M, man how can this show be so underrated.
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Lol, homeboy was going to town on them keys

    U mean the little dude who ethered Sonny with that look?

    Just finished watching the 2nd ep, liked it as much as the first one, 🤬 I really like Wendell Pierce's character.... He was the best one on the wire and he's just as great in Treme...
    fortyacres&amule i dunno.... Hopefully somebody can answer your question
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited May 2011
    That dj is annoying as 🤬 , he brings nothing to tha show, I love watching his chick playing the violin tho, I was rolling when her ex got robbed by them two kids. I think tha woman that owns tha bar gon end up 🤬 her bd again, I see that coming since he gon prolly end up playing in her bar wit his new band. She ain't really that fine and she kinda old but for some reason I really wanna hit that lol.
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    That dj is annoying as 🤬 , he brings nothing to tha show, I love watching his chick playing the violin tho, I was rolling when her ex got robbed by them two kids. I think tha woman that owns tha bar gon end up 🤬 her bd again, I see that coming since he gon prolly end up playing in her bar wit his new band. She ain't really that fine and she kinda old but for some reason I really wanna hit that lol.
    dam if only she was 10 yrs younger.......
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    That dj is annoying as 🤬 , he brings nothing to tha show, I love watching his chick playing the violin tho, I was rolling when her ex got robbed by them two kids. I think tha woman that owns tha bar gon end up 🤬 her bd again, I see that coming since he gon prolly end up playing in her bar wit his new band. She ain't really that fine and she kinda old but for some reason I really wanna hit that lol.



    Lol u must be talking about khandi alexander. shes been on my hit list. even when she was a fiend on the corner, ive been wanting to tap her wide mouthed ass
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Watching Antoine rehearse with the band jus reaffirmed why I love this show so much. It's because I'm a musician as well. So I understand all of the terminology he's using.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    OH 🤬 !!!! Damn @ ladonna
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    That detective was pretty sexy
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Just another example on now if your not in tune with the Internet age, you easily get left behind
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Great episode. Brilliant performances all across the board. Even dj's character wasn't as annoying as be usually is. Man I swear the emmy's better not overlook this show the same way they did the wire. Because it's highly deserving of every award it would and should receive. uaintknow, I remember reading how the episodes come where u are a little later in time. So if your reading this just know that u won't be disappointed by tonights episode at all.
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited May 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Just another example on now if your not in tune with the Internet age, you easily get left behind

    Yeah dude manager was a straight 🤬 , it don't matter if u a bluegrass singer or you play the bag pipes, u need to be accessible on tha Internet. There's way too much money to be made, I'm glad he fired his ass. And that was 🤬 up what happened to ladana. This was a good episode, that Mexican dude is a smooth 🤬 , he stay bagging and hollering at 🤬 . Can't wait to see next week.
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Watching Antoine rehearse with the band jus reaffirmed why I love this show so much. It's because I'm a musician as well. So I understand all of the terminology he's using.

    Yeah I play trumpet(well, I shuld say try to) and it was hilarious. In fact, Antoine Baptiste is the funniest charachter ever. The stuff he says just makes you laugh.
    Remember when he told the drummer that he dropped the beat....damn that was hilarious.

    *Hold on, hold on....somebody still aint with it....
    Yeah, you!!!*
    :)
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Yeah dude manager was a straight 🤬 , it don't matter if u a bluegrass singer or you play the bag pipes, u need to be accessible on tha Internet. There's way too much money to be made, I'm glad he fired his ass. And that was 🤬 up what happened to ladana. This was a good episode, that Mexican dude is a smooth 🤬 , he stay bagging and hollering at 🤬 . Can't wait to see next week.
    Yeah but he took a L when he couldnt agree on smth with that black dude.
    Yeah DJ fits in really well if they dont show him to much. Just a few mins an episode and it makes him fit in perfectly. I still think Annie loves that dutch guy(No 🤬 ) you could tell that when she looked at that pic where he was helping some kids out. Rememeber when he was telling some people in the 1st season what he was doing during the hurricane she was always looking at him with suspicion.

    Ounceman that dtetctive was a little overweight. But the sexiest woman in the show so far is the one who's taking care of Sophia..... I mean the one who is helping Sofia's mother. Dont remember her name
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited May 2011
    Khandi Alexander played the groupie in CB4. think they showed her 🤬 .