What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Who benefited more from the demise of Chris Brown?

2»

Replies

  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 38,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    chris and trey never even had the same core audience. they're like...trying to compare rihanna with melanie fiona or somebody
    Trey is doing better than before now yes but he still isn't doing GREAT. trey benefit from his own personal grind not because of anything cb did or didnt do
    idk where these comparisons keep coming from lol


    cosign, i love niggas act like there is only 1 or 2 spots in rap and r and b to be occupied.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
  • Nthngis4vrNthngis4vr Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Ri Ri I guess.
  • Bender RodriguezBender Rodriguez Kiss my shiny metal ass!! New new YorkPosts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    CMac wrote: »
    The niggas that fucked her after he whooped her ass, and currently fucking her because she doesn't care anymore, celebs niggas getting that pussy easy

    True.net-c/s
    sticker,375x360.u1.png
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    chris and trey never even had the same core audience. they're like...trying to compare rihanna with melanie fiona or somebody
    Trey is doing better than before now yes but he still isn't doing GREAT. trey benefit from his own personal grind not because of anything cb did or didnt do
    idk where these comparisons keep coming from lol

    true

    but if CB wouldn't went "berserker rage"

    his career and music would have naturally progressed where TS is now....althought Breezy probably be even bigger than Songz
  • ChillaDaKillaChillaDaKilla Retired * In between some thighs Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Stephen Colbert

    he had some great CB jokes
  • MallyGMallyG I Take Myself Out on Dates Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    chris and trey never even had the same core audience. they're like...trying to compare rihanna with melanie fiona or somebody
    Trey is doing better than before now yes but he still isn't doing GREAT. trey benefit from his own personal grind not because of anything cb did or didnt doidk where these comparisons keep coming from lol

    THIS!.......

    I'm jus wondering why Trey can't go Plat. I know the climate has been phucked up for sells for a long time and each of album he's put out has sold more than his last, but THIS nikka got monster singles (and some album cuts)."I Need A Girl" was playin' back in April of 09 and he jus @ 600k, which is gr8, but damn. I don't know if it's marketing, timing ain't right or he jus hasn't "crossed over" all the way in2 that white dollar.
  • ccluvsauccluvsau Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    chris and trey never even had the same core audience. they're like...trying to compare rihanna with melanie fiona or somebody
    Trey is doing better than before now yes but he still isn't doing GREAT. trey benefit from his own personal grind not because of anything cb did or didnt do
    idk where these comparisons keep coming from lol

    I disagree.

    I've been a fan since old buddy was lanky with those ugly braids.

    Ppl weren't checking for him them. His music, imo, is basically the same as it was back then. Sex and raunchy videos.

    He got more popular due to the lack of competition in the male rb singer realm.

    Again, never said his success was due to CB loss, but it can't be denied that he benefited from it.
  • marie addamsmarie addams Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    ccluvsau wrote: »
    I disagree.

    I've been a fan since old buddy was lanky with those ugly braids.

    Ppl weren't checking for him them. His music, imo, is basically the same as it was back then. Sex and raunchy videos.

    He got more popular due to the lack of competition in the male rb singer realm.

    well that's just it. they were not competing for the same fans, the people who loved and made "forever" "with you" and "no air" the huge success that they were are likely not checking for "invented sex" or "say ahh"
    chris brown was a pop artist and trey isn't. I would say jason derulo and jay sean benefit more from cb falling off than trey ever will.I've followed trey from the start as well and he definitely is not as oversexed as he is today. I'd like to consider myself a fan of his but that doesn't mean i can't acknowledge he's still STRUGGLING. In terms of what's considered successful today anyway..

    at the end of the day trey did what any struggling artist does in a moment of desperation...some hoe shit
    the more he took his shirt off the more sexual his content became the more albums he sold. bottom line
  • Gucci Da KidGucci Da Kid Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    rihanna came out swingin and basically took his balls in front of the world.....


    He never should have appeared too apologetic, especially if she was just as physically violent as he was.....








    i would have stood by whooping her ass and came out as a total douche....america loves a 100% bonafide douche bag
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    How did "Rated R" flop? 2 top 10's and a #1? 2.5-3 million worldwide to date? Biggest debut of her career?

  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Rihanna lost the battle but fuck me she won the war. She got her arse beat good and proper but she came out laughing with Chris Brown's bollocks in her hand. Play the beaten victim, string up your ex-boyfriend up, create a new, darker, 'edgier' image for yourself out of it in the same process... I hate the annoying bitch but she played her position to perfection while he's now begging his fans to save his career

    I don't even know any of Trey tunes
  • Mr. R&BMr. R&B Posts: 80
    edited March 2010
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,207 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    well that's just it. they were not competing for the same fans, the people who loved and made "forever" "with you" and "no air" the huge success that they were are likely not checking for "invented sex" or "say ahh"
    chris brown was a pop artist and trey isn't. I would say jason derulo and jay sean benefit more from cb falling off than trey ever will.I've followed trey from the start as well and he definitely is not as oversexed as he is today. I'd like to consider myself a fan of his but that doesn't mean i can't acknowledge he's still STRUGGLING. In terms of what's considered successful today anyway..

    at the end of the day trey did what any struggling artist does in a moment of desperation...some hoe shit
    the more he took his shirt off the more sexual his content became the more albums he sold
    . bottom line

    yeah I fuck w/ Trey Songz music but I can't even watch more than like 20 seconds of any video of his cuz this nigga is always running around w/ no damn shirt on...
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    cj012890 wrote: »
    justin beaver

    lmao!!!!!! he's just a new " justin timberlake"........



    but im gonna say rihanna bytch ass....
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    boom wrote: »
    chris brown... that gangsta grillz cold

    i still need 2 get that....... *put on my to do list*
  • music_man_2007music_man_2007 Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    It doesn't really matter...lol
  • boat1580boat1580 Posts: 200
    edited April 2010
    CMac wrote: »
    The niggas that fucked her after he whooped her ass, and currently fucking her because she doesn't care anymore, celebs niggas getting that pussy easy


    *DEATH* so true though,

    this is a good question to me. i'm going to say trey songz. rihanna was already crazy popular before this incident, she just continued to do well as she would have had this incident hadn't happened. ask for trey songz, he's nowhere near chris brown popularity true, but things have improved for him. but as mentioned earlier, it could be because of his own personal grind. really for him, i think it's a combination of the two because believe me, even though he's working hard as a smart business man, it is easier to get exposure when a popular artist like chris brown, isn't taking up the space.
  • Yung_Souf_MoneyYung_Souf_Money Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    chris brown gonna bounce back in the next year
  • hautehaute Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Trey won

    Rihanna took a hit, literally and figuratively
  • duckmanpigduckmanpig Posts: 428
    edited April 2010
    chris brown gonna bounce back in the next year

    this.
    And as a dude living in the wi i know rhianna took a huge w. Like an hour after the news hit, a radio station down here in trinidad literally stopped a cb song halfway and started shittin on him. Rihanna was an outcast on every island except barbados cuz she refused to do shows in the wi now her shit plays non stop.
  • tab58064tab58064 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    ccluvsau wrote: »
    Rihanna or Trey Songz?
    Rhianna for sure. Trey Songz was coming whether CB was top of his game or not because Trey is a different kind of artist. Trey is a much better vocalist & writer (not as good as he thinks he is though). Rhianna with the sympathy attention moved her status to another level.
  • lady_clady_c Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    rihanna used her victim status to the fullest.
  • boat1580boat1580 Posts: 200
    edited April 2010
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Rhianna for sure. Trey Songz was coming whether CB was top of his game or not because Trey is a different kind of artist. Trey is a much better vocalist & writer (not as good as he thinks he is though). Rhianna with the sympathy attention moved her status to another level.


    wow, trey is a much better vocalist? than chris brown? wow, i 've never heard that. oh well, to each his own, we all have different ears
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.