What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Marlo's run was pure luck

white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
In season 1 Avon, Wee Bay and Byrd got locked up and Stinkum got killed.
In season 2 Stringer set up Brother Mouzone the best muscle they had

In season 3 Stringer and Avon couldn't get on the same page and let Marlo hang around a lot longer than he should have, then when they caught this little 🤬 slippin Stringer Bell snitched and got everybody locked up which left the Westside wide open for Marlo.

Marlo was really just a benficary of circumstance.
«134

Comments

  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    slim charles was lame too never liked him as muscle
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Vader wrote: »
    slim charles was lame too never liked him as muscle

    I liked Slim he was a lot smarter than them young 🤬 they had, plus he came around towards the end and didn't get the chance to put in alot of work
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    so how did marlo pull off Prop Joe's connect?

    but Avon didn't?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    so how did marlo pull off Prop Joe's connect?

    but Avon didn't?

    Uhhh because Avon set it up for him.

    I won't say Marlo's run was all luck. His killer instinct and street smarts played a part too, but he was the beneficiary of a lot of good fortune. I mean the stuff that tthe TC named weren't even really the important factors that worked for him.

    The Towers coming down and the political games leading to huge cuts in the police department are really what boosted Marlo.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Uhhh because Avon set it up for him.

    I won't say Marlo's run was all luck. His killer instinct and street smarts played a part too, but he was the beneficiary of a lot of good fortune. I mean the stuff that tthe TC named weren't even really the important factors that worked for him.

    The Towers coming down and the political games leading to huge cuts in the police department are really what boosted Marlo.

    yeah, after Marlo did his homework and made a run at the connect

    I admit he had luck, but so did others to an extent


    Marlo made the right moves, while elders was running around slipping and acting soft

    Too many oldheads made silly ass mistakes..............I wouldn't necessarily call that luck :shrugs
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    yeah, after Marlo did his homework and made a run at the connect

    Yeah, but none of that mattered because the Russian dude was basically ready to tell Marlo to go 🤬 himself. The only reason Marlo got that connect was because of Avon, and he got extorted in the process.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, but none of that mattered because the Russian dude was basically ready to tell Marlo to go 🤬 himself. The only reason Marlo got that connect was because of Avon, and he got extorted in the process.

    well yeah it did matter

    cuz it just shown how Marlo was focused on pushing Joe off to the side, when Avon could've been done the same exact 🤬 when he got out of jail

    I wouldn't call a paying 100Gs to a 🤬 voluntarily when you making close to at least a milly extortion, it was just the cost of doing business


    Avon was behind jail walls acting like a fanboy cause Marlo was making moves LOL
  • lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited July 2011
    Daaaammmn I missed that show. Weebay I love your fine ass!
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Daaaammmn I missed that show. Weebay I love your fine ass!

    Yeah, I'd 🤬 .
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    white715 wrote: »
    I liked Slim he was a lot smarter than them young 🤬 they had, plus he came around towards the end and didn't get the chance to put in alot of work

    did you like cutty
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Vader wrote: »
    did you like cutty

    Maaan when Cutty got out & slapped up that chick and was laying out that plan to get at Marlo's dudes I thought he was gonna be THAT 🤬 but then he realized he didn't want to play the game no more and bounce which I respect but he coulda been cold paired up with Slim.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Vader wrote: »
    did you like cutty
    gh0st wrote: »
    Maaan when Cutty got out & slapped up that chick and was laying out that plan to get at Marlo's dudes I thought he was gonna be THAT 🤬 but then he realized he didn't want to play the game no more and bounce which I respect but he coulda been cold paired up with Slim.

    Yeah him and Slim would've done some damage if he would've stayed in the game, but he ultimately made the right decision. Like Avon said when Cutty left" he is a man", he choose not to be a soldier(🤬 ) in a war that was destroying his neighborhood and choose to be a leader and a positive influence to the youth.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    white715 wrote: »
    Yeah him and Slim would've done some damage if he would've stayed in the game, but he ultimately made the right decision. Like Avon said when Cutty left" he is a man", he choose not to be a soldier(🤬 ) in a war that was destroying his neighborhood and choose to be a leader and a positive influence to the youth.

    That was the one scene that always made me respect Avon


    As for thread, i disagree...Marlo was smart and ruthless and he capitalized off all opportunities
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Behind MissKMembers Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    yo when slim popped cheese i was ctfu! it was long overdue! had the 🤬 twitchin on the ground
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    old head dont make mistakes and thats why they stayed in the game so long.....they just didnt go around killin people for nothing and acting all wild...the game has to be run by rules otherwise its chaos.....

    marlos run was luck.....🤬 stringer helped marlo more than marlo helped himself. if avon wasnt bust fight with stinger all the damn time...he would have been took marlo out...marlo was stuck without a connect and avon helped him go futher...and in return avon looked out for his sister by having money sent to her. avon could have had mouzone take marlo out and he would have done it with the call for a go ahead like slim did.

    so everything just happened to fall marlos way and he took it an ran....aint like he planned 🤬 to happen like that..

    if the show was still going...marlo would be dealt with quick without chris and snoop....🤬 was more scared of them than marlo anyway...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    well yeah it did matter

    cuz it just shown how Marlo was focused on pushing Joe off to the side, when Avon could've been done the same exact 🤬 when he got out of jail

    I wouldn't call a paying 100Gs to a 🤬 voluntarily when you making close to at least a milly extortion, it was just the cost of doing business


    Avon was behind jail walls acting like a fanboy cause Marlo was making moves LOL

    What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Avon didn't even have time to go at Joe like that because he was busy warring with Marlo. Marlo was clearly the bigger threat at the time.

    And yes it was getting extorted. You make it seem like Marlo was paying Avon a finder's fee. That's not what happened at all. Marlo thought he was about to pull off the big heist. Avon held the deal hostage until Marlo compensated him. That's a text book definition of extortion.

    You're giving Marlo way too much credit. He made a few savvy moves here and there, but when it comes down to it he benefitted greatly from the fall of Avon's empire, the voluntary weakening of all the other organizations in the area, and all of the corruption in Baltimore city. He didn't really do anything to make any of that happen, he just capitalized off of it. So you have to give credit where it's due because striking the iron while it's hot is important. But you can't sit here and act like that dude was some criminal mastermind that orchestrated all of that perfectly. I mean the biggest move he made was pushing Prop Joe out, and that wasn't even a matter of smarts. That was simply betraying a dude that thought he was your mentor. In other words, he got ahead by being shady not smart.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Maroon killed prop Joe, that 🤬 wasn't right. I hated him after that.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    What you're saying doesn't make any sense. Avon didn't even have time to go at Joe like that because he was busy warring with Marlo. Marlo was clearly the bigger threat at the time.

    And yes it was getting extorted. You make it seem like Marlo was paying Avon a finder's fee. That's not what happened at all. Marlo thought he was about to pull off the big heist. Avon held the deal hostage until Marlo compensated him. That's a text book definition of extortion.

    You're giving Marlo way too much credit. He made a few savvy moves here and there, but when it comes down to it he benefitted greatly from the fall of Avon's empire, the voluntary weakening of all the other organizations in the area, and all of the corruption in Baltimore city. He didn't really do anything to make any of that happen, he just capitalized off of it. So you have to give credit where it's due because striking the iron while it's hot is important. But you can't sit here and act like that dude was some criminal mastermind that orchestrated all of that perfectly. I mean the biggest move he made was pushing Prop Joe out, and that wasn't even a matter of smarts. That was simply betraying a dude that thought he was your mentor. In other words, he got ahead by being shady not smart.

    the bolded was a poor choice made by Avon

    he should have played with that co-op 🤬 stringer and prop joe set up, and then took over all that 🤬

    THEN, he should've dealt with Marlo


    Stringer had it set up to where they were wholesaling, and didn't even need corners at one point...............Avon made the choice of making 🤬 hot, and almost getting himself killed over corners when he should've been above that petty 🤬




    as far as "extortion", in real business they call that goodwill fees LOL

    extortion is where you don't have a choice but to give up your dough or there will be drama......................nothing is saying Marlo couldn't have found another way eventually to get at prop joe's connect

    but marlo saw it cost effective to pay a fee vs. having to work harder.....................and Avon really only helped that 🤬 cause he was from WestSide

    had Marlo been an East Side 🤬 , Avon wouldn't have done 🤬 for him


    as far as being shady vs. smart, that's the game................every character was shady in their own way to an extent

    you have to be smart to recognize opportunities and be skillful enough to take advantage:

    notice Marlo was the only 🤬 pressing Joe to speak to the connect about that robbery Omar pulled off
    notice Marlo people's came up with the rowhouses to hide bodies
    notice Marlo peeped Cheese's potential for disloyalty early
    notice Marlo killed random mofos, but all the people he killed for the most part insulated him from prosecution
    notice Marlo peeped the scheme with the girl Avon sent to lure him into an ambush


    🤬 just hated ol boy's character and refuse to acknowledge that he was purposely making the right moves
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    the bolded was a poor choice made by Avon

    he should have played with that co-op 🤬 stringer and prop joe set up, and then took over all that 🤬

    THEN, he should've dealt with Marlo


    Stringer had it set up to where they were wholesaling, and didn't even need corners at one point...............Avon made the choice of making 🤬 hot, and almost getting himself killed over corners when he should've been above that petty 🤬




    as far as "extortion", in real business they call that goodwill fees LOL

    extortion is where you don't have a choice but to give up your dough or there will be drama......................nothing is saying Marlo couldn't have found another way eventually to get at prop joe's connect

    but marlo saw it cost effective to pay a fee vs. having to work harder.....................and Avon really only helped that 🤬 cause he was from WestSide

    had Marlo been an East Side 🤬 , Avon wouldn't have done 🤬 for him


    as far as being shady vs. smart, that's the game................every character was shady in their own way to an extent

    you have to be smart to recognize opportunities and be skillful enough to take advantage:

    notice Marlo was the only 🤬 pressing Joe to speak to the connect about that robbery Omar pulled off
    notice Marlo people's came up with the rowhouses to hide bodies
    notice Marlo peeped Cheese's potential for disloyalty early
    notice Marlo killed random mofos, but all the people he killed for the most part insulated him from prosecution
    notice Marlo peeped the scheme with the girl Avon sent to lure him into an ambush


    🤬 just hated ol boy's character and refuse to acknowledge that he was purposely making the right moves

    @ the bolded that 🤬 was so dumb of Avon. In the first season the made him to be this very careful removed from the street 🤬 kingpin then they have him actually in the car about to do a hit on Marlo & he take one in the shoulder...that was dumb 🤬 was the BOSS that's what your soldiers are for, 🤬 fresh home and about to do a drive-by?!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    yall have to uindertand...avon was the street and the street was avon....thats what he liked and thats what he was....thats all he wanted to know....dying for corners was something that meant alot to him because that was his thing.....i would have done the wholesale thing....but avon didnt want it to look like he was being pushed into it...i think he would have done it had marlo not popped up.
  • lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited August 2011
    Omar
    Chris
    Snoop Top 3 that made the action on the show.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    the bolded was a poor choice made by Avon

    he should have played with that co-op 🤬 stringer and prop joe set up, and then took over all that 🤬

    THEN, he should've dealt with Marlo

    Are you serious? Why would he have done that? That would have been stupid. Did you pay attention at all? The Co-op made everyone weak. They didn't really have any muscle anymore after starting that. That's the whole reason they wanted Marlo to join them so bad, because he had manpower and could do the things they couldn't. Avon knew that 🤬 . How would taking control of the co-op have helped him in anyway. It would have basically made him a lame duck. Marlo is the very reason the co-op couldn't work the way Stringer wanted because he wanted to be the boss which meant he would have taken those dudes down which he did for a little while.

    Stringer had it set up to where they were wholesaling, and didn't even need corners at one point...............Avon made the choice of making 🤬 hot, and almost getting himself killed over corners when he should've been above that petty 🤬

    You are completely forgetting about how Stringer was trying hard to get Marlo to play ball and he wasn't interested. That's why Avon was ready to war because he knew Marlo was like him and trying be a king, not a co-op member. Avon is the only dude that saw that from the beginning.

    as far as "extortion", in real business they call that goodwill fees LOL

    extortion is where you don't have a choice but to give up your dough or there will be drama......................nothing is saying Marlo couldn't have found another way eventually to get at prop joe's connect

    You just making up stuff man. Marlo knew that was his one and only avenue to the connect. That's why he paid. If there was one thing about Marlo that's true. He wasn't about sharing if he though he could have it all to himself and his crew. He wouldn't have paid any goodwill fee to avon unless he had no choice.
    but marlo saw it cost effective to pay a fee vs. having to work harder.....................and Avon really only helped that 🤬 cause he was from WestSide

    had Marlo been an East Side 🤬 , Avon wouldn't have done 🤬 for him

    You have an interesting way of looking at things. Avon didn't really help at all. He was blocking Marlo and only let up when Marlo promised to cut him in. Sure Avon let him off easy because Marlo was from the West, but you're making it seem like Avon assisted in the deal. He didn't. He stood in the way of the deal until Marlo agreed to play ball. That's extrotion.

    as far as being shady vs. smart, that's the game................every character was shady in their own way to an extent

    you have to be smart to recognize opportunities and be skillful enough to take advantage:

    notice Marlo was the only 🤬 pressing Joe to speak to the connect about that robbery Omar pulled off
    notice Marlo people's came up with the rowhouses to hide bodies
    notice Marlo peeped Cheese's potential for disloyalty early
    notice Marlo killed random mofos, but all the people he killed for the most part insulated him from prosecution
    notice Marlo peeped the scheme with the girl Avon sent to lure him into an ambush


    🤬 just hated ol boy's character and refuse to acknowledge that he was purposely making the right moves

    No offense but you are looking at things in a vary jaded way. You're making it seem like Marlo was the only one to do all those things because only he was that clever. You're complaetely missing the point that he was the only person that even wanted to do that stuff. Every other boss that was in a position to capitalize like Marlo was in the co-op and wanted that peace. That's part of the reason Marlo could be as successful as he was. He really had no competition in the trenches because everyone else was trying to play nice.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Omar
    Chris
    Snoop Top 3 that made the action on the show.

    false.......


    s/n monk sure is caping 4 Avon hard.....thought u was Marlo best lieutenant
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    It ain't so much that I'm caping hard for Avon. I just feel like people misinterpret events in the show and give Marlo way more credit than he deserves.

    People make seem like he was some criminal mastermind like he did things that no one else was smart enough to do. When in reality he was just the guy who was still going 🤬 when everyone else was trying to chill. He's sort of like Tony Montana. It's not like Tony was smarter than Frank. He was just hungrier. While Frank had become accustomed to being on top, Tony was still fighting to get there, so he had more edge and drive.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denGuests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    marlo had chris helping him out.....chris did all the real footwork...the stalking and showing up early to peep the scene and set 🤬 up. snoop was just a hotheaded shooter with no real scruples...

    marlo got to where he is by paranoia....it was a matter of time before it caught up with him.....and he start looking at chris sideways
Sign In or Register to comment.