What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

The New Spider-Man is a 🤬 ???? Ohhh shiiittt!!!!!

arbitrationarbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Quite Comical
Fanboys everywhere are gonna explode over this one:

From IGN.com:

This should be obvious, but... SPOILERS AHEAD.

A few weeks back, Ultimate Peter Parker kicked the bucket in spectacular fashion. Sacrificing his life to protect those he loved, the Ultimate Spider-Man we've been following for the past ten years laid down his life in a bout with the Green Goblin. We've known for some time that someone would be taking up the mantle, and Marvel promised us at San Diego Comic-Con that the reveal would come in this week's Ultimate Comics Fallout #4.

[Click here for our review of Spider-Man's death.]

Turns out, as many expected, we didn't have to wait that long. Earlier tonight, USA Today had the exclusive reveal of who Peter's replacement would be. And after examining the legacy of Ultimate Spider-Man and concocting a poll in which IGN readers voted in overwhelming fashion (nearly 54%!) that Ben Reilly would take over... we were all completely wrong. Head past the image below to find out who the new Spider-Man is.

Meet Miles Morales, a half-black, half-hispanic teenager that will be replacing Peter Parker as the Ultimate Universe's web-slinger. The character is new and represents a clear step towards further diversifying superhero comics.

Writer Brian Michael Bendis told USA Today, "The theme is the same: With great power comes great responsibility. He's going to learn that. Then he has to figure out what that means."

He continued, "It's certainly long overdue. Even though there's some amazing African-American and minority characters bouncing around in all the superhero universes, it's still crazy lopsided."

Comments

• arbitrationarbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    9854804-large.jpg
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Toyota/Lexus Enthusiast Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Awkward lookin' ass 🤬 ...
  • StoneColdMikeyStoneColdMikey mikeyismod CHITOWN THE BEST TOWNMembers, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    lol thats raw
  • Mr. 66HundredMr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Soulja Boy????????
  • lion_heartlion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Gives me a reason to start buying ultimate spiderman
  • arbitrationarbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I will pick this comic up too. Better not see no coonin in this either, word to Luke Cage.
    edited August 2011
    I will pick this comic up too. Better not see no coonin in this either, word to Luke Cage.

Do you know when his storyline begins? I want to make sure to cop when it drops.
  • CopperCopper The WickMembers Posts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    fans are gonna be 🤬 ....
  • lovelycreationlovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited August 2011
    Please! They're gonna make sure to 🤬 his ass at the end.
    edited August 2011
    fans are gonna be 🤬 ....

🤬 em....
  • truth spittertruth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i heard he might be 🤬 smh
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i heard he might be 🤬 smh

wel he already looks like soulja boy so hes halfway there.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    if this is 🤬 people off, theyre gonna completely flip in a few months when black Superman gets his own comic

blacksuperhero2.jpg
  • toomytoomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    lion_heart wrote: »
    Do you know when his storyline begins? I want to make sure to cop when it drops.

It's in stores now. His ongoing starts in September. According to the writer he's only 13 years old.
    edited August 2011
    if this is 🤬 people off, theyre gonna completely flip in a few months when black Superman gets his own comic

blacksuperhero2.jpg

Is this real?
  • IceManKamIceManKam Hot bodies get Cold Shoulders Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Atleast they could've tied this guy into the story, he's so random that its bs.
  • not this again!not this again! the dude playing the dude, disguised as another dude Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Is this real?

Yes, it is. It's from an issue of Final Crisis.

Anyway, I'll be picking up Ultimate Spider-Man just to see where they go with this story, but I expect a lot of fanboy nerd rage over this. Which doesn't make any sense, since one of the main purposes of the Ultimate line is to offer different takes on the characters in the first place.
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Ksmart wrote: »
    Atleast they could've tied this guy into the story, he's so random that its bs.

They Are , it starts off in the Ultimate Fallout #4 issue i believe...
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    And Dude looks like Barack Obama , im interested to see if they're just doing this for show or plan on actually builiding a good storyline ...

Dont just make him black just to say "Spider-Man is Black" , do a good a story.
    edited August 2011
    Is this real?

yeah its real, its one of DCs 52 earths. i think he gets his own one shot issue soon.
  • geechee slimgeechee slim I bomb atomicly with socrates philosophies and hypothesis Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Oh 🤬 , I thought you meant the new Spiderman movie.

*whew*
    edited August 2011
    yeah its real, its one of DCs 52 earths. i think he gets his own one shot issue soon.

I'm copping
  • CopperCopper The WickMembers Posts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Yes, it is. It's from an issue of Final Crisis.

Anyway, I'll be picking up Ultimate Spider-Man just to see where they go with this story, but I expect a lot of fanboy nerd rage over this. Which doesn't make any sense, since one of the main purposes of the Ultimate line is to offer different takes on the characters in the first place.

c/s
    chop it up to pure ignorance...they have no problems with white potraying real life egyptians, asians and indians but its not ok for a black person to play a fictional character in an alternate universe
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    will be killed off watch