What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

X-Men and the whole people hates mutants thing.......................

CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggasCyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
edited August 2011 in Quite Comical
After all this time and all the good the xmen have done why do people hate mutants still? I mean damn all the supervillians coming up you would think all the hate would subside. They have saved the planet numerous times helped save the world from the skrulls. They have to make there on island nation in Utopia just be safe. Is this getting played or am I over-analyzing?

Comments

• earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    read the new storyline X-Men: Schism. The hellfire club gave the world a brand new reason to fear/hate mutants.
  • KeepOnPushingKeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    read the new storyline X-Men: Schism. The hellfire club gave the world a brand new reason to fear/hate mutants.

Decent first two issues, really hope things start to pick up tho ...
  • Knives AmilliKnives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Grant Morrison tried to explain the inexplicable mutant hatred as a result of Sublime subconciously influencing humans.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Decent first two issues, really hope things start to pick up tho ...

yeah it was definitely good. the prelude was great too. and I dont even read xmen like that, but ive been checking the main book out for while.
  • a.manna.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Grant Morrison tried to explain the inexplicable mutant hatred as a result of Sublime subconciously influencing humans.

some his 🤬 just be to to far out

Sublime ideal was one of them

Humans hated and prejudice should not be explain to be in outside influence

it in us and something we have to over come ourselves
    edited August 2011
    his far out concepts work better in DC than in marvel
  • Knives AmilliKnives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    a.mann wrote: »

Sublime ideal was one of them

Humans hated and prejudice should not be explain to be in outside influence

it in us and something we have to over come ourselves

Well it was more to explain why humans hate the MUTANTS but not powered metahumans like the Wasp or the Fantastic Four. Cuz really how the 🤬 would you even know that FF or Black Panther aren't mutants? Beyond their origins, there's nothing outwardly inherent about mutants that separates them form super powered/enhanced humans.
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    a.mann wrote: »

aaahhahahahahahahahahhaahaha

read The Invisibles sometime

i 🤬 double dog dare you
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I think TC is missing a very crucial point. Yes, the X-men have done some pretty heroic things and saved lots of people. However, a large portion of the threats that they have addressed were mutants.

Honestly, the whole fear and hatred of mutants is justified. Comic writers have always tried to compare their struggle with the civil rights movement. I can see where they are coming from. However, the difference is minorities don't have any power and never posed any real threat to whites, so there was no reason for us to ever bee treated like second class citizens. Mutants on the other hand do pose a clear danger. I mean just take regular human. Think about all the stupid things they do. Now give them crazy powers that would allow them to ramp those things up 100 fold and allow them to hide among normal humans. If I want to buy a gun, I have to take a class and register and basically make it known that I have that weapon. Mutants have powers that can be many many times more dangerous than any weapon a normal person can buy without anyone knowing it.
  • louis richlouis rich BeantownMembers Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    LMAO @ the best there is, is teaching kids GTFOH....yeah they need ideas quick
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    I think TC is missing a very crucial point. Yes, the X-men have done some pretty heroic things and saved lots of people. However, a large portion of the threats that they have addressed were mutants.

Honestly, the whole fear and hatred of mutants is justified. Comic writers have always tried to compare their struggle with the civil rights movement. I can see where they are coming from. However, the difference is minorities don't have any power and never posed any real threat to whites, so there was no reason for us to ever bee treated like second class citizens. Mutants on the other hand do pose a clear danger. I mean just take regular human. Think about all the stupid things they do. Now give them crazy powers that would allow them to ramp those things up 100 fold and allow them to hide among normal humans. If I want to buy a gun, I have to take a class and register and basically make it known that I have that weapon. Mutants have powers that can be many many times more dangerous than any weapon a normal person can buy without anyone knowing it.

I get what you saying but IMO the lane is getting olld. Every book on marvel has been revamped and new storylines have came out of it. Still theyre my fav book and characters just hope that the stories amp up a little more.
  • supaman4321supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited August 2011
    I've always wished a for a re-imagining where 🤬 -superior was the dominant species of humans on the planet instead of being the minority, to my knowledge this hasn't been done and they actually almost got rid of all the mutants.
    edited August 2011
    I've always wished a for a re-imagining where 🤬 -superior was the dominant species of humans on the planet instead of being the minority, to my knowledge this hasn't been done and they actually almost got rid of all the mutants.

like a What if... story? yeah thatd be pretty cool. and most mutants are pretty much dead now. i think its only about 200+ and they all live in utopia
  • a.manna.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    that Grant comment wasn't exactly a slight

but you guy got to be hard press to example Final Crisis and the Death of Batman in a cohesive manner

Loved what he did with the X-Men, but the need for Sublime to be the reason humans hate mutants and Sublime being the basically the nexus of to some major events like the Weapon X program

c'mon

it's a reason other writers just straight ignoring it....
  • CopperCopper The WickMembers Posts: 49,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    After all this time and all the good the xmen have done why do people hate mutants still? I mean damn all the supervillians coming up you would think all the hate would subside. They have saved the planet numerous times helped save the world from the skrulls. They have to make there on island nation in Utopia just be safe. Is this getting played or am I over-analyzing?

intresting thread topic....but same can be said about black people look at what we have contributed to, created and become but still we are the most hated race in the world and for what? what have we done to any other culture or race of people in the recent few hundred years? yet there are still a huge segment of society that hates blacks....so having said that bigots arent logical they hate who they hate for whatever reasons so I dont think so.....but x-men story lines dont constantly revolve around that
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionMembers, Moderators Posts: 44,543 Regulator
    edited August 2011

They had a short run called House of M. It had the same premise of what your talking about.