What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

DC actually created a Black Wonder Woman

toomytoomy Members Posts: 369
edited August 2011 in Quite Comical
I've been reading comics for a long time but I never knew DC created a Black Wonder Woman in 1979.

superfriends25nubia.jpg

206p3.JPG

wonderwoman206.jpg

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3205453.html?#cutid1

Comments

• lion_heartlion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Probably died befor she made it to the 4th pannel.
  • Mdizzle9000Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    i'd hit it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJMembers Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I mean to my knowledge there was always black amazons on Themesicarya so this is no surprise.
  • kevmickevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Believe it or not both Marvel and DC has black super heroes who were actually popular during the time of their releases. But of course the comic book industry being an all white good ol boys club, made it so they never received the same type of exposure as the popular white super heroes we see today. Places that sold comics would often never even bother to order issues of black superheroes, so a lot of comic book readers never even seen most of these comics.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I mean to my knowledge there was always black amazons on Themesicarya so this is no surprise.

• arbitrationarbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    why they make it look like she got 5 o'clock shadow tho?
  • toomytoomy Members Posts: 369
    edited August 2011
    check out this cover for Wonder Woman 205 vol. 1

Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_205.jpg

Nubia first appearance was Wonder Woman # 204 vol. 1 and also appeared in Supergirl # 9 vol. 1 and Super Friends # 25