What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What happened to the "Stables" in wrestling??

MillzOGMillzOG OGPosts: 14,458 Regulator
edited September 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
When there was stables in wrestling, shit was GOAT.

From the Hart foundation, The Corporation, NWO, Nation of Domination, DX, Four Horsemen, etc even to the more recent "Legacy" or whatever they were called with Orton, Cody Rhodes, and Dibiase.

Wrestling needs to bring that kinda shit back, it made things more interesting. They tried it with Nexus but after the first initial push with them destroying the ring area they dropped the ball with them.

Replies

• Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Creative can't make it work, look at Legacy and the Nexus where they built up only 1 of the members and the others were just there.
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 29,050 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Creative can't make it work, look at Legacy and the Nexus where they built up only 1 of the members and the others were just there.

this........

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,117 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    smh @ you nt mentioning bWo
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • thecomebacklegendthecomebacklegend Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Nation of Domination.

lol them niggas are in the reason section of this board
  • south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

This is it right here.
    For the life of me, I don't know why they didn't make Legacy like Evolution.
    Orton, DiBiase, Rhodes and they needed one more member.
    When they had the Legacy "qualify" matches, they got rid of Sim Snuka and Manu.
    I would have kept at least one of them so that Legacy could dominate The WWE Title, IC Title and Tag Titles.
    But they didn't do that, they had Rhodes and DiBiase help Orton win the WWE Title and not hold the tag belts.
    Hell Orton at times didn't act like he was apart of Legacy, he wouldn't wear the shirt that much.

I miss the great stables, I always loved seeing that in Wrestling.
    Evolution was probably the last great stable they had in WWE and in TNA Main Event Mafia and Fortune are two favorites.
    TNA had some good stables with MEM, Fortune, World Elite and LAX and WWE dropped the ball on The Nexus, The Corre and The New Nexus.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

• genocide_cuttergenocide_cutter Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    They went to TNA
  • Mally_GMally_G Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Stables these days are over rated.

Just as one person already said, the booking crew only focuses on one individual and the rest are blahhh.

With the way a majority of wrestlers are built up these days, stables aren't worth shit. I can't respect a stable of kats if I didn't respect them when they were rolling solo.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DMV_Mally_G
    P³ Entertainment Radio Show: http://www.spreaker.com/user/p3_entertainment
    iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mally-g-spreaker/id665779725
    Blogsite: http://p3entertainmentllc.blogspot.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrideProsperityPower

"You're welcome....YOU'RE ALL WELCOME....enjoy." - Frank White, King of New York
  • MillzOGMillzOG OG Posts: 14,458 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Stables these days are over rated.

Just as one person already said, the booking crew only focuses on one individual and the rest are blahhh.

With the way a majority of wrestlers are built up these days, stables aren't worth shit. I can't respect a stable of kats if I didn't respect them when they were rolling solo.

but look at the Nation of Domination for example (first one that popped in my head) Faroouq was the man, he was the leader...But Dlo Brown was in the european title discussion all the time, Kama was viewed kinda as a beast, the rock was built up in the intercontinental race and shit and then remember the time he was last in the rumble with Austin (austin won) the Rock was still part of Nation of Domination. The only 1 that really got no respect was Mark Henry for some reason, but now look at him in the world heavyweight title discussion.

Theres way's to build up everybody, obviously not all for a World title run but they could have have some level of respect.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,289 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Whats the point of a stable when a nigga like super cena gonna just destory them dolo
  • Chi-Town BullyChi-Town Bully Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I can see a heel stable of Mark Henry, the Uso's and R truth (his character need to stop the cooning and become serious) and have Layla as the diva manager
  • MillzOGMillzOG OG Posts: 14,458 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Whats the point of a stable when a nigga like super cena gonna just destory them dolo

lol yea that was disgusting....they built up the Nexus with that debut, only to let Cena dismantle them. Them niggas had/have no respect, same with the New Nexus
  • deeroc22deeroc22 Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Clipboard210.jpg?t=1242196555

We are the Nation Live and in Color, Dont diss the man or we'll bum rush your mother. Listen what im sayin this forreal im not playing Farooq is the man so hit ya knees and start praying..shit went HARD
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,019 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    They need something more groundbreaking... Nexus was lame cuz it was essentially built around one dude. Shit man they gotta get dudes that can stand on their own and can represent certain roles (the leader, the tag team, the right hand man & the manager). One of the reasons why DX or the Hart Foundation was so successful was cuz of this, in DX the new age outlaws had their own fanbases & were just as entertaining as a group as they were individually. Triple H had Chyna & Xpac was the last member he needed to add.

Today they just throw dudes together & tell em "make it work" with no target or specific goal in mind to support them. Its always just some jobbers tryna get out of that bucket SMH. At least the NWO was about taking out the establishment & running the show, NoD was a group of niggas that said "fuck everybody" niggas need to stick together outchea, DX was all about pranks & not giving a fuck. Lawd how i miss the good ole days.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 49,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    ^^ true stable are put together these days with no initiative or goal the last great stable was probably evolution....Im iffy about this new NWO that is being hinted at the last time the original NWO was in the WWF (nash, hogan and hall) The wwf fucked that story line up...they should atleast bring back x-pac to run with nash though
    rocket-2.gif