What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Artists You Feel Always Put Out A Solid Album, But Theres That ONE Album....

Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices.H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
That SUCKS.

Raekwon - Immobility

Just couldnt get into the album

Eminem - Encore

When relapse came out i was happy it wasnt as shit as encore. relapse sucked but encore made it look like a classic.

Common - Electric Circus

Great rapper, Legendary Producer. Legendary Fuck Up.

theres more i will name once i think of them.

Replies

• ninjasensesninjasenses Posts: 157
    edited September 2011
    Trying to thing of an atmosphere album that sucks...but I honestly dont think they have put out a shitty album. the lowest on my list is probably seven's travels. Maybe del's elevnth hour? Dj Shadow - the outsider
  • IdoitforhiphopIdoitforhiphop Posts: 36
    edited September 2011
    Ludacris - Battle of the Sexes

More will come to me.
    traestar
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Trying to thing of an atmosphere album that sucks...but I honestly dont think they have put out a shitty album. the lowest on my list is probably seven's travels. Maybe del's elevnth hour? Dj Shadow - the outsider

Ah man i was stoked for Del's Def Jux debut but after he came out with deltron the albums have been shitty! I hope the new Deltron album is gonna be good.
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 51,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Oh Yeah.

Blu - No York!

wanted to try an experimental album. he must have been on acid when he made it and decided on a final product.

Ghostface Killah - Ghostdeinie: the Wizard of Poetry

Dunno why ghost would try to make a WHOLE rnb album
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Oh Yeah.

Blu - No York!

wanted to try an experimental album. he must have been on acid when he made it and decided on a final product.

Lol @ acid, I still haven't checked NoYork!! I need to check it… ASAP. I'm disgusted at my lack of free time recently.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • chillychilly Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Has AZ ever put out a wack album? He always puts out something solid, but im not sure if he ever dropped a flop.

Devind the dude suite 420 took a while to grow on me.

Oh yeah bone thugs, thugs stories. Shit was garbage. Im happy they bounced back with strength and loyalty.
    edited October 2011
    AZ isn't a bad choice at all…

To all posters coming to The Essence, a reminder that this is an independent hip hop forum; try to refrain from talking about Major Label emcees.

Mine would be:

Common's Universal Mind Control… weak!

CunninLynguists - Strange Journey releases (I didn't get them, at all!)
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Oh Yeah.

Blu - No York!

Ghostface Killah - Ghostdeinie: the Wizard of Poetry

Dunno why ghost would try to make a WHOLE rnb album

Nosign the bolded. The whole thing was dope to me.
    edited October 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    AZ isn't a bad choice at all…

To all posters coming to The Essence, a reminder that this is an independent hip hop forum; try to refrain from talking about Major Label emcees.

Mine would be:

Common's Universal Mind Control… weak!

CunninLynguists - Strange Journey releases (I didn't get them, at all!)

Shit i forgot about UMC by common! wtf was that?! Common = Geffen/GOOD tho :(
    edited October 2011
    Shit i forgot about UMC by common! wtf was that?! Common = Geffen/GOOD tho :(

Hopefully he's going to turn it around with his new album in November, been playing this track over and over again tonight:
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
    edited October 2011
    Oh his new album just from the 2 singles he released sounds dope as hell! no ID producing it too. it has to be another classic for common.
  • i can say T.I with "King". alot of shit was going on at that time nd i dont think he put his best foot forward