What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

WTE Challenge: Breath of the Month..

TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
edited October 2011 in Waiting To Exhale
Poets of WTE,

Another IC mod gave me an idea a few months back, about creating breath of the month.. Thus would ential all the poets to join, and create a poem of 16 stanza's... about anything, or maybe I give a topic for ya'll to work with..Then I will have judges vote on them, and who ever with the most votes for their poems, can be breath of the month for WTE.. now the winner's poem that won, will have their poem posted as a sticky for the month that he or she won.

As for who the judges will be, I'm gonna have to speak to a few other's on here.. 'm thinking the other two wte mods, tha killa and blackrain...

YOUR THOUGHTS??????


anybody with suggestions, please don't hesitate to share em' with me.

Comments

  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I think that's a great idea, tupacfan!! It'd definitely make me wanna write and it would also be great if we did have a topic to stick to, maybe some months we'd have a topic and others we would not.

    Or the topics that you choose can be interpreted in ways, i.e. your feeling at the very moment; so that it doesn't box the writer into discussing something that they're unfamiliar with, but all the same, it's great to challenge!
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I think that's a great idea, tupacfan!! It'd definitely make me wanna write and it would also be great if we did have a topic to stick to, maybe some months we'd have a topic and others we would not.

    Or the topics that you choose can be interpreted in ways, i.e. your feeling at the very moment; so that it doesn't box the writer into discussing something that they're unfamiliar with, but all the same, it's great to challenge!

    Thank you for your suggestion, I will definitley give that a serious consideration Ruff Draft. Sticking with a topic would be nice. And we can change that from month to month.

    I agree, it's a great challenge for all of us..

    Again, thanks for your suggestions ruff draft! preciate that!
  • VSOPVSOP Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Tupacfan wrote: »
    Poets of WTE,

    Another IC mod gave me an idea a few months back, about creating breath of the month.. Thus would ential all the poets to join, and create a poem of 16 stanza's... about anything, or maybe I give a topic for ya'll to work with..Then I will have judges vote on them, and who ever with the most votes for their poems, can be breath of the month for WTE.. now the winner's poem that won, will have their poem posted as a sticky for the month that he or she won.

    As for who the judges will be, I'm gonna have to speak to a few other's on here.. 'm thinking the other two wte mods, tha killa and blackrain...

    YOUR THOUGHTS??????


    anybody with suggestions, please don't hesitate to share em' with me.

    I'm down for whatever lets get this jawn goin......

    (Ill do my best to follow the rules of "Stanza" ...go back to the years of creative writing class, which was the only class that I was good at....but I failed, but Ill still try lol)
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    VSOP wrote: »
    I'm down for whatever lets get this jawn goin......

    (Ill do my best to follow the rules of "Stanza" ...go back to the years of creative writing class, which was the only class that I was good at....but I failed, but Ill still try lol)

    lol, fa sho VSOP! i' just waiting for the poets to come thru and agree that they willing to participate..

    I think it's always gon be us 3 (me, Real p, and you) here thou.. cause man, ayebody just comea and goes lol..
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    smh! i fell off HARD from this site!!!!
  • VSOPVSOP Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    we all did, once they did that big overhaul and people couldn't sign on or access it, they lost a lot of good ass people. whaddayagonnado
  • LhagicLhagic Members Posts: 40
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    VSOP wrote: »
    we all did, once they did that big overhaul and people couldn't sign on or access it, they lost a lot of good ass people. whaddayagonnado

    Smh. Literally 7+ plus months later im reaponding.

  • gemamigemami Members Posts: 3
    The sun shines on my heart
    I feel it radiate
    The darkness parts
    It beats loves rhythm
    Can you feel it in the streets?
    Can you tap it with your feet?
    The forest of shadows
    Grows ever so dark
    When you let them in
    To taste a golden heart
    They try to hold you down
    Tell you your not good enough
    To move through the sound
    The sound of misery
    The sound of addition
    The very sound that takes your spirit and kills it
    When 🤬 lives within, they can’t win
    🤬 is greater than you and me
    Greater than the demons that live in your head
    They can’t sing the song of love
    They can’t find the beat
    They don’t have its rhythm
    They will feel defeat
    When they hear the song of LOVE
    Tapping to joy, tapping for happiness
    Making 🤬 tap is toes
    Giggling and laughing at his foes
    🤬 knows a person’s intent
    If it falls short, he reinvents
    I’ve tasted death and lived through it
    I’ve been held down and said screw it
    Now is my time to rise up
    Are you ready for a big cup of
    I will not shut the 🤬 up
  • geechiedanbuford214geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    gemami wrote: »
    The sun shines on my heart
    I feel it radiate
    The darkness parts
    It beats loves rhythm
    Can you feel it in the streets?
    Can you tap it with your feet?
    The forest of shadows
    Grows ever so dark
    When you let them in
    To taste a golden heart
    They try to hold you down
    Tell you your not good enough
    To move through the sound
    The sound of misery
    The sound of addition
    The very sound that takes your spirit and kills it
    When 🤬 lives within, they can’t win
    🤬 is greater than you and me
    Greater than the demons that live in your head
    They can’t sing the song of love
    They can’t find the beat
    They don’t have its rhythm
    They will feel defeat
    When they hear the song of LOVE
    Tapping to joy, tapping for happiness
    Making 🤬 tap is toes
    Giggling and laughing at his foes
    🤬 knows a person’s intent
    If it falls short, he reinvents
    I’ve tasted death and lived through it
    I’ve been held down and said screw it
    Now is my time to rise up
    Are you ready for a big cup of
    I will not shut the 🤬 up

    I can definitely gig this jawn
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    Keep em coming!
  • yahwehprofetyahwehprofet Members Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    Riots how can I keep quiet
    My soul yearns to preach
    And reach anyone
    There are plenty of us
    Giants who triumph
    When we're in a fire
    Justice shoulda been
    Coulda been
    My next To kin
    28. Not Mexican
    Old and young
    Freddy gray
    Rest in peace
    Your life was ochrestrated
    Cuz pd was Masonic decorated
    Glad some who hate it
  • emaculateemaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Sensual
    Ice
    Rubbed all over your body
    Carmel cubes consumed
    Laying on a bed of rose petals
    I caress
    You feel more comfortable
    Slowly undress
    You wiggle
    tickled
    As satin panties come off
    The energy electric
    Potential motion becomes Kinetic
    Hearts sweat tears
    Minds bodies souls
    All Powerful together

    Rain drops hit the window ceil
    Thunder and lightning
    Roar visible through the window pane
    Love not 🤬
    Enchanting how in this situation
    We became tied to one another
    Passions blasting
    🤬 in actions
    Thrusts closed caption
    Touch
    Orgasims
    At last it has happened
    Thankful for a birth
    Finally it's happened
    Pleasure and excitement
    Turns to quietness

    Zzz of silence
    Thankful for you
    Grateful to be faithful
    Thank you's to the Angels
    To the Heavens
    To the Most High
    & 9 months later
    A burst of new life

    The time between was all but a dream
    Reality a mix of peace
    Pride power
    Serene Difficulties
    6 years deep
    To one night of love
    To create our love
    Our blood shall run everlasting
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    emaculate... That jawn was nice! I like the last stanzas. Thank you for sharing.

    Yahwehprofet, I loved the multi rhymes.. And I felt this piece and I'm sure plenty folks can sympathize. Thank you for sharing... Jah bless!
  • FiyahRapsFiyahRaps Members Posts: 10
    Zoom zoom im racing escaping this reality grasping no concept calamity ive fallen cant get up mind altering steps faltering.Chasing a dream i think i fell and missedKiss of death times up no hope left so i turn the page ink stains my hands my hands they itch money green like yo 🤬 when she see meAint got 🤬 to say cant beat me my mouth dont run but my hands they walk so ill walk on her face make her rethink twice bout swinging my waySidetracked i switch lanes back on it cant shake this thang my future calling but i wont answer still got messages from the past i left last present aint left yet so why talk to the future when my present still relevanyI teach a speech of a million words insults unheard of my insides they burn up see why they call me fiyah bc my flow hard and i burn hotter the more i write the harder i fightMy haters they motivate help me create let the words escape a destination unknown but in solice it will find homeIngrained n the membrane forever and alw!
    ays so i treat the beat like a reverend and i praise it giving a voice to the voiceless choice to the choiceles
  • FiyahRapsFiyahRaps Members Posts: 10
    Wats the point of life to wake up one morning and watch it all crash and burn n the blink of an eye. Wats the point of love to wear your heart on your sleave jus to watch it get ripped off like a glove. Why feel when nothing is ever real why hope when all your gonna do is lose your soul why pray when uve asked 🤬 the same thing everyday with no change why care when your the only one fighting why trust when your blood just turns to must when the wounds r
    open why give is u never get what's the point of trying when n the end your only good at dying
  • Max.Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • TupacfanTupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    Fiyahraps,

    You came with it. Thank you for sharing and keep dropping your material here.
  • emaculateemaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings
    Magnificent manifestations
    From mental motivations
    Magnified through inner lenses
    Lenses from within
    Him her who he she
    We continue to speak without understanding listening communication is body language that’s when we are most in synch
    Syncopy sinking sinking deeper than deeply
    Thinking dreaming wondering pondering enduring persevering through it all
    Was it a mighty fall? Was it a forceful plunge? What did you succumb? What have you become?
    How have you come? The pausing in and out of salting cream with milk over ice and strawberries
    This delicacy is a delicate dwelling divine
    Where fusion of mind and the things upsetting
    Meet and discuss differences and opinions after spare ribs
    This was the beginning adding space and time
    As we travel the mind the minds we all are inclined
    To deliver lines and spells through turmoil to excell
    Experience life as is so serious as is not to be seriously taken however there may be those scenarios we evolve forward fold fall foil
    Peace be with you and with me may peace be
    Rest assured you will overcome and become what is true to thee...thank you for your time.
Sign In or Register to comment.