What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Big Bang Theory

Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
.






that dot above this sentence, all of the universe came from such a small dot, which is still expanding. in a nutshell thats the big bang theory, before everything there was this miniscule thing that the eye cant see which created everything we know.


so whats your take on this?
«1

Comments

  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Yeaaa, I dunno about that lol
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    it's a theory. not law.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    lol, forgive the short sightness....I met a bro this morning that became a ' believer' because of that theory, started reading the bible and 🤬 . to him its the ultimate proof that there is a creator lol. I always assumed the bg theory actually made people question their fundamental belief system....so thats why I ask you how do you feel about this theory (for the record I dont know 🤬 about this, nore do I belief this is actually the origines of the universe and yadda yadda)
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Alkindus wrote: »
    lol, forgive the short sightness....I met a bro this morning that became a ' believer' because of that theory, started reading the bible and 🤬 . to him its the ultimate proof that there is a creator lol. I always assumed the bg theory actually made people question their fundamental belief system....so thats why I ask you how do you feel about this theory (for the record I dont know 🤬 about this, nore do I belief this is actually the origines of the universe and yadda yadda)

    i always thought science and belief in 🤬 work well together. its funny to me when people debate "religion" or spirituality versus science. if you are a believer in a higher power or creationism, who's to say that the actual creation set in motion by the creator wasn't a "big bang". why doesn't it make sense that a creator would be intelligent enough to install a millennial scan for updates or evolution?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    i always thought science and belief in 🤬 work well together. its funny to me when people debate "religion" or spirituality versus science. if you are a believer in a higher power or creationism, who's to say that the actual creation set in motion by the creator wasn't a "big bang". why doesn't it make sense that a creator would be intelligent enough to install a millennial scan for updates or evolution?

    Well, in my belief there is a creator. I believe he created what he created through making this BB.

    Many people who don't believe in 🤬 just say, oh yeah the big bang just happened. Well where did the material come from? It wasn't just there, it was created by 🤬 . Nothing can be just be there without someone/something creating it.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Well, in my belief there is a creator. I believe he created what he created through making this BB.

    Many people who don't believe in 🤬 just say, oh yeah the big bang just happened. Well where did the material come from? It wasn't just there, it was created by 🤬 . Nothing can be just be there without someone/something creating it.

    You don't know what happened. That is just what you believe. You believe in a creator, but you know less than .001% of the creation. This universe is huge, and creator or not, the human isn't that important to it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    You don't know what happened. That is just what you believe. You believe in a creator, but you know less than .001% of the creation. This universe is huge, and creator or not, the human isn't that important to it.

    No one will ever know 100% of the creation, that is impossible. Yeah, I believe in a creator. Because there has to be one, and for ME that's fact. The bible talks about creation, which I cannot ignore.

    I cannot believe and will not believe that, US, such complex creatures came from micro-organisms, that we went through stages of being monkeys - cave man - modern humans. That the planets just formed themselves like explained. That's just me though, thread is on BBT and I'm just stating my thoughts and belief.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    No one will ever know 100% of the creation, that is impossible. Yeah, I believe in a creator. Because there has to be one, and for ME that's fact. The bible talks about creation, which I cannot ignore.

    I cannot believe and will not believe that, US, such complex creatures came from micro-organisms, that we went through stages of being monkeys - cave man - modern humans. That the planets just formed themselves like explained. That's just me though, thread is on BBT and I'm just stating my thoughts and belief.

    Complex to whose standards? Humans? Does that make it complex? Fact is fact regardless of who believes it or who doesn't. Your beliefs are just your beliefs. There are other books that talk about creation too, why ignore those? Humans existed before your belief system did. Why ignore that? You think the first modern human walked the earth over 4 billion years ago? And no, there doesn't have to be a creator. Just because no one knows the answer doesn't mean that we have to make up one.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Complex to whose standards? Humans? Does that make it complex? Fact is fact regardless of who believes it or who doesn't. Your beliefs are just your beliefs. There are other books that talk about creation too, why ignore those? Humans existed before your belief system did. Why ignore that? You think the first modern human walked the earth over 4 billion years ago? And no, there doesn't have to be a creator. Just because no one knows the answer doesn't mean that we have to make up one.

    How do you know 🤬 is made up? Is THAT fact? If it is, show me proof. You cannot prove 🤬 DOESN'T exist. No one can. It's only a belief you have, "I believe he doesn't exist" is all you can say.

    You do know that even scientists who study all this, creation, planets, life etc say that they as well believe in 🤬 . They've said, "it's impossible for there NOT to be one". Granted that doesn't PROVE anything, but what my point is here is that even people who study our whole creation don't even believe in the, "it just happened" type of theory.

    It is complex to yes, human standards, who else would it be complex to? What I mean by complex too, is the way we function. Our brains, every aspect of it is amazing. But some think we just came from an organism?

    Not to mention the whole monkey -> cave man -> modern human. Strange we still have monkeys around but no "cave men". How is that possible? It isn't.

    There's holes in everything, science AND the bible (before you try to score on that one lol)

    Everything is pretty much, mix and match, pick and choose. Science & the bible go hand in hand, not 100% though.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    How do you know 🤬 is made up? Is THAT fact? If it is, show me proof. You cannot prove 🤬 DOESN'T exist. No one can. It's only a belief you have, "I believe he doesn't exist" is all you can say.

    You do know that even scientists who study all this, creation, planets, life etc say that they as well believe in 🤬 . They've said, "it's impossible for there NOT to be one". Granted that doesn't PROVE anything, but what my point is here is that even people who study our whole creation don't even believe in the, "it just happened" type of theory.

    It is complex to yes, human standards, who else would it be complex to? What I mean by complex too, is the way we function. Our brains, every aspect of it is amazing. But some think we just came from an organism?

    Not to mention the whole monkey -> cave man -> modern human. Strange we still have monkeys around but no "cave men". How is that possible? It isn't.

    There's holes in everything, science AND the bible (before you try to score on that one lol)

    Everything is pretty much, mix and match, pick and choose. Science & the bible go hand in hand, not 100% though.

    I've always said that I don't know the answer, but I am more than sure that the bible 🤬 is not it. Some scientists believe in 🤬 , some don't. Big deal. I'm not claiming to know the answer. You are. I just don't believe cows, dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same period, especially not over 4 billion years ago.

    And again, it's amazing only by our standards. We are just a product of nature, of course it's amazing to us. Evolution isn't that hard to understand.

    I'm not trying to score on anything. The thing about science is. It's not a law until it's proven. So there are no holes in laws. Theories are just theories and a real scientists wants you to find holes, to prove him wrong.

    How does the bible and science go hand in hand? "Not 100%" can be any number.

    I'm not trying to claim to know it all, because I don't. however, I'm not going to go with the popular story just because, especially when it is ridiculous. Science can afford to have holes in it, not the bible.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I've always said that I don't know the answer, but I am more than sure that the bible 🤬 is not it. Some scientists believe in 🤬 , some don't. Big deal. I'm not claiming to know the answer. You are. I just don't believe cows, dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same period, especially not over 4 billion years ago.

    And again, it's amazing only by our standards. We are just a product of nature, of course it's amazing to us. Evolution isn't that hard to understand.

    I'm not trying to score on anything. The thing about science is. It's not a law until it's proven. So there are no holes in laws. Theories are just theories and a real scientists wants you to find holes, to prove him wrong.

    How does the bible and science go hand in hand? "Not 100%" can be any number.

    I'm not trying to claim to know it all, because I don't. however, I'm not going to go with the popular story just because, especially when it is ridiculous. Science can afford to have holes in it, not the bible.

    I'm not claiming this as the answer to all our questions, it's the answer for me. I'm not trying to make it the answer for you, I would never do that but I will explain to you how I feel/think it.

    There is a description of a "dragon" a "dinosaur" in Leviticus, explaining how no man can take it down. Maybe they didn't walk with ALL those dinos, but I'm sure they did with at least 1. It shouldn't be surprising if it is true though.

    Fossils come up of snakes once having legs, and TODAY, they DON'T obviously. The bible says why they do not have legs anymore, that is first stated in Genesis. You tell me, how way back then they would know they once had legs then didn't? They weren't scientists. 🤬 knows because he made it happen. That's just one explanation I can give you, because right now my bind just went blank for whatever else I wanted to say. Again, this isn't being given to you for you to take as fact but it is for me. It makes logical sense to me and to me is the answer for 🤬 even more so, as little as it is.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I'm not claiming this as the answer to all our questions, it's the answer for me. I'm not trying to make it the answer for you, I would never do that but I will explain to you how I feel/think it.

    There is a description of a "dragon" a "dinosaur" in Leviticus, explaining how no man can take it down. Maybe they didn't walk with ALL those dinos, but I'm sure they did with at least 1. It shouldn't be surprising if it is true though.

    Fossils come up of snakes once having legs, and TODAY, they DON'T obviously. The bible says why they do not have legs anymore, that is first stated in Genesis. You tell me, how way back then they would know they once had legs then didn't? They weren't scientists. 🤬 knows because he made it happen. That's just one explanation I can give you, because right now my bind just went blank for whatever else I wanted to say. Again, this isn't being given to you for you to take as fact but it is for me. It makes logical sense to me and to me is the answer for 🤬 even more so, as little as it is.

    well, if that is enough for you then so be it. we'll just agree to disagree. peace.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    How do you know 🤬 is made up? Is THAT fact? If it is, show me proof. You cannot prove 🤬 DOESN'T exist. No one can. It's only a belief you have, "I believe he doesn't exist" is all you can say.

    You do know that even scientists who study all this, creation, planets, life etc say that they as well believe in 🤬 . They've said, "it's impossible for there NOT to be one". Granted that doesn't PROVE anything, but what my point is here is that even people who study our whole creation don't even believe in the, "it just happened" type of theory.

    It is complex to yes, human standards, who else would it be complex to? What I mean by complex too, is the way we function. Our brains, every aspect of it is amazing. But some think we just came from an organism?

    Not to mention the whole monkey -> cave man -> modern human. Strange we still have monkeys around but no "cave men". How is that possible? It isn't.

    There's holes in everything, science AND the bible (before you try to score on that one lol)

    Everything is pretty much, mix and match, pick and choose. Science & the bible go hand in hand, not 100% though.

    hold the 🤬 up, when did '🤬 exists' become the status quo? Also, for you to mention 'holes' in science shows your limited understanding of the field itself. But your cave men line shows what a 🤬 clueless idiot you are.

    And for those interested in learning something, read up on the LHC, which is attempting to validate the big bang theory as we speak...and dont give me this 'science = illumaniti' 🤬 either, if anything the whole structure behind organized religion is the real illumaniti if there is one.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    hold the 🤬 up, when did '🤬 exists' become the status quo? Also, for you to mention 'holes' in science shows your limited understanding of the field itself. But your cave men line shows what a 🤬 clueless idiot you are.

    And for those interested in learning something, read up on the LHC, which is attempting to validate the big bang theory as we speak...and dont give me this 'science = illumaniti' 🤬 either, if anything the whole structure behind organized religion is the real illumaniti if there is one.

    Hold up clown, no need to attack me at all. You're acting like I'm pressing this for you to accept as a fact. It is a fact for ME, and right now ONLY me. I don't care if you choose to not believe it. Like I said, if you would've chosen to read the thread, I am stating what MY belief is and how I think/feel. Don't think I'm being this, "bible thumper" you are very wrong to even approach me like this, no reason for it. Your belief is your belief, you think you're right over me, that's fine.

    Why are you tripping about me stating there is holes in science? In which, there IS. How does that make me a limited? As for the cave man line, then you explain it to me, since I am such a 🤬 idiot.

    As the the Illuminati, that was never even mentioned in this thread, at all. You're such a clown.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    there are things in this world you cant explain.. i dont believe the universe started as a big bang.. you gotta think about it.. how was gravity created? why does it react the way it does? why is the universe filled with gasses and radiation? scientists may have the answers.. its all theories..

    HUMANS.. are like a mistake... a form of evolution that happens when you reach a certain temperature on earth where human life can exist.. dont follow any bible- cuz all they do is borrow from one another.. christians from sumerians, etc. etc. this generation of humans will never know what happen.. it will be up to your kids kids kids kids kids kids kids kids kids to find out.. by that time life will be done..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatMembers Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    The concept of a "Big Bang" producing the universe is absolutely illogical. Explosions do not produce ever increasing order and structure. Explosions produce disorder and chaos. Explosions break things down or destroy what was previously ordered.

    Thank you. Come again.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    The concept of a "Big Bang" producing the universe is absolutely illogical. Explosions do not produce ever increasing order and structure. Explosions produce disorder and chaos. Explosions break things down or destroy what was previously ordered.

    Thank you. Come again.

    I didn't realize that the galaxies had an even distance between each other.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatMembers Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I didn't realize that the galaxies had an even distance between each other.

    Nobody said they did. How you got that from my post is pretty dumbfounding.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Nobody said they did. How you got that from my post is pretty dumbfounding.

    It was more of a comment on order and structure with how objects in space are placed. Other than objects under gravitational influence, there is no overall structured layout to the universe.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Hold up clown, no need to attack me at all. You're acting like I'm pressing this for you to accept as a fact. It is a fact for ME, and right now ONLY me. I don't care if you choose to not believe it. Like I said, if you would've chosen to read the thread, I am stating what MY belief is and how I think/feel. Don't think I'm being this, "bible thumper" you are very wrong to even approach me like this, no reason for it. Your belief is your belief, you think you're right over me, that's fine.

    Why are you tripping about me stating there is holes in science? In which, there IS. How does that make me a limited? As for the cave man line, then you explain it to me, since I am such a 🤬 idiot.

    As the the Illuminati, that was never even mentioned in this thread, at all. You're such a clown.

    I think illestrator already schooled everyone on what it means to have 'holes' in science. It's not your belief that had me raging on this hotel internet but your line of reasoning, which is absolutely atrocious...caveman dont exist because, uh, humans arent hunter-gatherers anymore. Depends on what you define as caveman though, 🤬 erectus =/= 🤬 sapien, even though the latter is a descendent of the former.

    And the last part wasnt directed at you...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatMembers Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    It was more of a comment on order and structure with how objects in space are placed. Other than objects under gravitational influence, there is no overall structured layout to the universe.

    I disagree. 🤬 is a 🤬 of order. Everything that exists in this universe has a purpose, so to say that there is no structured layout is pretty ridiculous.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I disagree. 🤬 is a 🤬 of order. Everything that exists in this universe has a purpose, so to say that there is no structured layout is pretty ridiculous.

    No it's not. Of course you disagree because you don't know what you're talking about. Show me anything that suggests an overall structured layout. I'd truly love to see it. Your 🤬 has nothing to do with reality. While the big bang theory is just a theory, it shows more promise than your explanation. Again, there is no overall structured layout to the universe that I have seen. "Everything that exists in this universe has a purpose" =/= a structured layout
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I think illestrator already schooled everyone on what it means to have 'holes' in science. It's not your belief that had me raging on this hotel internet but your line of reasoning, which is absolutely atrocious...caveman dont exist because, uh, humans arent hunter-gatherers anymore. Depends on what you define as caveman though, 🤬 erectus =/= 🤬 sapien, even though the latter is a descendent of the former.

    And the last part wasnt directed at you...

    He didn't school anyone, he stated and that is that. I can see why homoerectus don't exist or why these cave men don't we've advanced but what I'm saying is since cave men are done, gone, "evolved" why aren't monkeys? If monkeys evolved into cave men, do you see what I'm saying?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatMembers Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    No it's not. Of course you disagree because you don't know what you're talking about. Show me anything that suggests an overall structured layout. I'd truly love to see it. Your 🤬 has nothing to do with reality. While the big bang theory is just a theory, it shows more promise than your explanation. Again, there is no overall structured layout to the universe that I have seen. "Everything that exists in this universe has a purpose" =/= a structured layout

    All you have to do is look at the relation of our earth to the sun and moon. Now if there were no stability in our structured layout, we would fry if we were any closer to the sun and we would freeze if we were any further from the sun. The tides of the oceans would be all over the place if the moon was any further or closer than it is in orbit. I mean these are not hard to find facts my friend.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    All you have to do is look at the relation of our earth to the sun and moon. Now if there were no stability in our structured layout, we would fry if we were any closer to the sun and we would freeze if we were any further from the sun. The tides of the oceans would be all over the place if the moon was any further or closer than it is in orbit. I mean these are not hard to find facts my friend.

    I said objects without gravitational influence. You're thinking too small...hence the use of the words "overall structured layout." I'm talking the relationship between galaxy clusters, etc. I'm well aware of the earth being in the "life zone." That's not what I'm talking about. btw, how do you know that there isn't another planet under the same conditions with life? You don't do you? No, you only know about the bible dealing with the only world its writers knew about, this one.