What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Official ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC THREAD

blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father FigurePosts: 15,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Edit: Atheists

How many of ya'll believe love really exists but find it hard to believe GOD or any other higher spiritual being could exist?

Throwing the outlandish stories in the Bible out of context, who's to say GOD couldn't be real if you have the ability to feel real love? How is it possible to not feel the same way about faith?
tumblr_maj8y0LU9Y1qimbeto1_500.jpg

Replies

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I believe something exist (higher power), do i believe there is some grey haired dude is up there; naw. I don't even see why we need to add god and organize religion to the picture to be a good person, love and live a spiritual life; it seems like people just like believing in something. Whether it be religion, god, government,etc.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 15,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I believe something exist (higher power), do i believe there is some grey haired dude is up there; naw. I don't even see why we need to add god and organize religion to the picture to be a good person, love and live a spiritual life; it seems like people just like believing in something. Whether it be religion, god, government,etc.

ok I can get with that, I just notice there are some who are just so rigid in their beliefs that it isn't possible for there to be some sort of higher being.

but yet these same mofos are running around heart-broken from relationships because of what they "feel" is "real"

though maybe I shouldve upped this thread for the more mature morning crowd LOL
    edited January 2010
    What's worst, blind faith or having no faith. The problem i have with most religious people is they don't question anything, especially the factuality of these major religions and the role they play in controlling society. To me eastern religions are more realistic than these western religions and the corruption that permeates it.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
  • Carlos Bruise-HerCarlos Bruise-Her Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Bible clearly states God is a spirit. I dont know why people assume he's a grey haired man
    edited January 2010
    Not spirit, but the thought that it's some being up their controlling the Universe and deciding who is gonna go to hell and heaven. The whole concept of god sounds like the criminal justice system to me, use to keep people in check.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    edited January 2010
    Not spirit, but the thought that it's some being up their controlling the Universe and deciding who is gonna go to hell and heaven. The whole concept of god sounds like the criminal justice system to me, use to keep people in check.
    LOL. I dont know why it sounds farfetched to you
  • KplusKKplusK Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Excellent thread i never thought of it like that but u have a point.Love is a feeling u get about a person its not sumtin u can see,feel,smell,touch,hear,but people are willing to believe in it and like u said die for it...the same way about faith.Now im not saying that all religion is rite but if u do ur research u'll find what ur looking for as far as that. "Seek and thou should find" is what one scripture says and i believe in that.All these people talking bout illuminati and and this devil worshipping...u believe in the devil and all crazyness in the world but cant believe in sumting good that bugged to me. It has to be positive and a negative to all thats how the world works...IMO.Cause with no faith in the good them we're all fucked and illuminati will controll everything and there's nothing we can do about it.
  • thespookwhosatbythedthespookwhosatbythed Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    well niggaZ lost they way of religion(spirituality) once we got over here on that boat. with that being said love is a feeling god is a thought.
  • Real LadyReal Lady Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    people who are athiest in 2010 are left behind.
    Bodhi
    edited January 2010
    More and more people are moving towards atheism in 2010, so who is really being left behind.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    edited January 2010
    well niggaZ lost they way of religion(spirituality) once we got over here on that boat. with that being said love is a feeling god is a thought.

so love aint a thought, as in you believe the other person care about you just as much?

or what they do in your eyes is enough to focus your your interests on feeling something particular about them?

How is faith not the same thing? ie a hope, a belief, a persistent feeling out there that something you cant see tangibly is possible?
    edited January 2010
    More and more people are moving towards atheism in 2010, so who is really being left behind.
    atheists lol..
    edited January 2010
    religion is a business- a good one at that
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    edited January 2010
    religion is a business- a good one at that
    jesus did say he had to be about his father's business. You been reading your Bible I see
    edited January 2010
    so nobody is going to refute the whole love feeling thing?

usually atheists be on the IC deep, where they at?

oh and me personally, I could be considered more atheist than a believer. I'm just not closed-minded enough to not believe anything is possible, even though I don't believe in organized religion myself

I was just listening to an old gospel cd I used to rock when I was "hyper religious" as you could say LOL and thought about this thread
  • Real LadyReal Lady Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    atheists lol..

LOL exactly
  • perspective@100perspective@100 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Religious people, LOL---wtf only god can judge me, damn hold up...
    hkjfg%20-%20Copy.gif

hkntd%20-%20Copy.gif

hknox%20-%20Copy.gif

hlsga%20-%20Copy.gif
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Edit: Atheists

How many of ya'll believe love really exists but find it hard to believe GOD or any other higher spiritual being could exist?

Throwing the outlandish stories in the Bible out of context, who's to say GOD couldn't be real if you have the ability to feel real love? How is it possible to not feel the same way about faith?

Love is an emotion.... period. Your faith is something entirely different, it's a believe. a thought as someone mentioned earlier.

IMO, it's impossible for anyone to love God. you can agree with whatever book, says of whatever virtue/sin, of whatever God(s) believes. but saying you love whatever God(s) is .... spiritual lust, at best.
    edited January 2010
    Do you negros ever ask yourself, what happen to your ancestors in Africa who weren't forced to worship and adopt western religions. At one point people lived in peace prior to the major religions coming on the scene.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    God calls those who don't believe in Him FOOLS!

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." Psalm 14:1

LOL @ the sense of humor of the Al-Mighty. I love you Lord!
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Go to Jerusalem! 5777

Amen.
  • perspective@100perspective@100 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Lots of religions have histories in blood shed and death. War war war
    hkjfg%20-%20Copy.gif

hkntd%20-%20Copy.gif

hknox%20-%20Copy.gif

hlsga%20-%20Copy.gif
  • kzzlkzzl Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Do you negros ever ask yourself, what happen to your ancestors in Africa who weren't forced to worship and adopt western religions. At one point people lived in peace prior to the major religions coming on the scene.

I brought this up a couple of times. But from what I can tell people are scared of this question. or thinking like this in general.
    edited January 2010
    The oldest Christian Temple on Earth is in Ethiopia. STFU
  • glowyglowy Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I don't believe in 'true' live. I think love is just an emotion, just like sadness, hatred, etc.
  • DoUwant2go2HeavenDoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatPosts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    kzzl wrote: »
    I brought this up a couple of times. But from what I can tell people are scared of this question. or thinking like this in general.

Read Romans 1 for your answer
    It's the blood moon season! Joel 2:31-32!

GET OUT OF BABYLON THE GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Go to Jerusalem! 5777

Amen.
This discussion has been closed.