What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

To all the believers...

Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What made you start believing?

Were you born into the church? Synagogue? Mosque?

Or did something happen to you one day, and you said to yourself "That has to be 🤬 "??

Comments

  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    I dont believe anymore, but the reason I did for a long time is because growing up it was just that you had to be. I dont know anyone who didnt believe at that time around me and I went to church 3-4 times a week. I guess you could say I was brainwashed into believing because everyone around me preached it and made me afraid to not believe. Once I was old enough to realize I didnt have to believe everything they told me and got sick of churches giving me unreasonable responses to questions, i said 🤬 it and went elsewhere for the truth.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    imo it would be irrational to believe 🤬 doesnt exist
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    imo it would be irrational to believe 🤬 doesnt exist

    You're not as dogmatic as you were before the IC went down.

    What happened?
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I pray to 🤬 for the truth. I trust in him and he leads me to it as every day passes
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I would call myself more of an intuitive acknowledger/knower in progress. I used to be a beast out there. I got shot and literally died. I didnt see all that bright light, loved ones with open arms waiting for me 🤬 people lie about. I was looking down on myself being defribulated and seeing other "things" moving to and fro in the air. From the on I knew it was more to life than eating, sleeping and 🤬 and Ive been obsessed with finding the Truth ever since with no respects to religion or mans fake ass boundaries. Never been the same since, but i know I'm on the right path by the results that i experience.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    I would call myself more of an intuitive acknowledger/knower in progress. I used to be a beast out there. I got shot and literally died. I didnt see all that bright light, loved ones with open arms waiting for me 🤬 people lie about. I was looking down on myself being defribulated and seeing other "things" moving to and fro in the air. From the on I knew it was more to life than eating, sleeping and 🤬 and Ive been obsessed with finding the Truth ever since with no respects to religion or mans fake ass boundaries. Never been the same since, but i know I'm on the right path by the results that i experience.



    this explains a lot about your beliefs. What do you mean by 🤬 froze in the air
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    this explains a lot about your beliefs. What do you mean by 🤬 froze in the air

    It was real fast and i was disoriented, but i could make out human looking shapes..they were slightly opaque but I could tell they werent like physical people because I could see the physical bodies clearly.The thing I saw the clearest was a big bug looking entity I couldnt describe totally if i wanted to. I guess maybe it looked like a cross between a crab and some kind of flea if or tick if you were looking at it under a microscope. It was just posted up in the corner of the ambulance. Scared the 🤬 out of me.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I know this is going to sound like "heaven"'s response to the question "what made you start to believe", but I'm going to say the Holy Spirit made me believe. I had verses thrown at me here and there but I can't really say that there was some "enlightenment" that I receive by mere effort to believe. I can't say that I made the Bible make sense. It is strangely understood as 🤬 's Word and despite efforts to even refute it in myself, I find myself unable to let go.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Im not a believer anymore .... but when I did Believe... it was a result of having a strong family influence. I grew up praying and worshiping never to give it a second thought until i moved out on my own and started traveling the globe , learning more about science, and really started thinking outside the box.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    From the time I was a little boy, I just always had a sense or intuition of a higher existence. I didn't go to a house of worship or anything, I just knew. Certain things you can't get from a book, graph, chart or research.

    You can't really quantify intuition.

    Plus, Certain things I don't believe anymore, I know.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The things that make people believe are usually indoctrination, desperation, and stupidity.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven When the first trumpet sounds!!!! Agggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Babylon the GreatMembers Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    What made you start believing?

    Were you born into the church? Synagogue? Mosque?

    Or did something happen to you one day, and you said to yourself "That has to be 🤬 "??

    Because I had a personal encounter with Jesus Christ.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Because I had a personal encounter with Jesus Christ.


    enlighten us please
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    From the time I was a little boy, I just always had a sense or intuition of a higher existence. I didn't go to a house of worship or anything, I just knew. Certain things you can't get from a book, graph, chart or research.

    You can't really quantify intuition.

    Plus, Certain things I don't believe anymore, I know.

    That's interesting.

    How do you identify yourself? Are you simply just a believer, with no type of affiliation to organized religion?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    That's interesting.

    How do you identify yourself? Are you simply just a believer, with no type of affiliation to organized religion?


    I do have an affiliation but I am not dogmatic, I can see the commonality in different expressions where it is not a problem for me to respect and even embrace differences. Root knowledge helps you see past differences and look into the core of a thing. Branch Knowledge leaves you out on a limb, scared to move, and an intellectual coward.

    In some instances I am a believer, because my knowledge is not absolute and I have not met my goal yet. However in some instances, what I have applied what I have accepted and the benefit or success I have achieved has put me past belief into knowledge.

    Organized religion is to me wrongly labeled. I don't see organized religion. I see organized rituals, traditions, and dogma.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    imo it would be irrational to believe 🤬 doesnt exist


    No one believes 🤬 doesn't exist....people just don't believe that 🤬 exists. There's a subtle difference.

    shootemwon wrote: »
    The things that make people believe are usually indoctrination, desperation, and stupidity.

    Sums it up perfectly...QFT.