What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

Anyone in Debt? Thanks college...

TaylorLWSTaylorLWS Banned Users Posts: 17
edited January 2011 in Growing Pains
Im 2 grand plus another 11 grand in the hole for a 2 year tech school. Studying to be a Surgical Technologist but damn those big numbers are scary. anyone else in the same spot?

Comments

• weezyfgarbageweezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited June 2010
    ahha you think that's bad I know people who are 200K in debt after a 4 year school, and then 500K in debt if you add medical school to that....with interest it comes out to almost 1M. Be glad you aint one of them.
  • RAAJ BRAAJ B Members Posts: 46
    edited July 2010
    after only one semester im in over 6 grand in dept
  • LugzLugz Members Posts: 6
    edited September 2010
    I finished with BS and have over 70k now just tryin to find a JOB to pay it off.
  • Blue VirgoBlue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Wowzas!!!!

I've heard horror stories of debt after college.
    So, I vowed to take no loans out!

I pay out of pocket.
    Luckily, my school does "payment plans"
    So, I choose the one that gives you 3 months (until the end of the semester) to pay it back.
    I just save, save, save.
  • willhustlewillhustle Sion Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    No loans for me just all pell grants
  • anduinanduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    who the 🤬 goes to a 500k medical school... tuition here for medical school was only like a grand or two above normal tuition (~5k a year). US schools stay losing the way theyre bankrupting their citizens from an early age.
  • TANGLUNGTANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    National Guard pays for my tuition. Free school is where it’s at.
  • thesoulcontrollerthesoulcontroller Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i'm already planning to tell my kids when i have them. Go to college if you have good enough grades for scholarships. if not, work for the city/get a trade.
  • busayobusayo Members Posts: 857
    edited October 2010
    anduin wrote: »
    who the 🤬 goes to a 500k medical school... tuition here for medical school was only like a grand or two above normal tuition (~5k a year). US schools stay losing the way theyre bankrupting their citizens from an early age.

med school runs about 40k per year in the states
  • About$About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I owe Mortgage and a small amount in student loans...

other than that NO...

I'm DEBT FREE!!
  • t_walkat_walka Members Posts: 13
    edited October 2010
    "I want to pay my debts, but I will just do the best I can in life, if I got money, I'll pay them if I have no money, I can't pay them".- Mike Tyson
  • JackAssInTheBoxJackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Nope not yet. Waiting for that 🤬 . and when it does get to me imma fight that 🤬 to the death.

Edit: Wrong thread?
    Nevermind translation since i dont wanna delete this 🤬 : imma trya and pay that 🤬 once I graduate Uconn aint that expensive.
  • A1 FamegaA1 Famega Members Posts: 33
    edited January 2011
    Ill be 40 k in debt when Im done
    YAY
  • naomi shamblesnaomi shambles Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Why not go to a community college to knock out as many classes as you can for cheaper and then transfer to a four year....general education classes like your maths, englishes, humanities, etc. tend to be cheaper at a community college.