What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

If the system is so 🤬 up

HazeNAlize
HazeNAlize Banned Users Posts: 501
edited December 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
How come there are so many Middle Class, Upper Class and overall well of Blacks living in wealthy Suburbs, owning houses with careers like Doctors and Lawyers?



You can't say it's luck it really came about simply cos they worked hard so at what point do people stop complaining and using excuses?

Comments

  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    there really isn't that many so called well off Blacks in wealthy Suburbs, especially now a days

    da 🤬 u talkin bout?
  • HazeNAlize
    HazeNAlize Banned Users Posts: 501
    edited December 2011
    DAMITT wrote: »
    there really isn't that many so called well off Blacks in wealthy Suburbs, especially now a days

    da 🤬 u talkin bout?



    Not accotding to official stats
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    piff,gutter,gully,fam & wavy.
  • HazeNAlize
    HazeNAlize Banned Users Posts: 501
    edited December 2011
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2071602/Rich-African-Americans-cities-blurring-traditional-divides-wealthy-poor.html



    Affluent African-Americans are leaving industrial cities for the suburbs and the South shifting traditional lines between rich and poor, according to new study.

    Their migration is widening the income gap between whites and the inner-city black population who remain behind, while making African-Americans less united as a group and subject to greater income disparities.
    Roderick Harrison, a Howard University sociologist and former chief of racial statistics at the Census Bureau, said: 'Reverse migration is changing the South and its race relations





    He said a rising black middle class is promoting a growing belief among some black conservatives that problems of the disadvantaged are now rooted more in character or cultural problems, rather than race.

    However Mr Harrison said most black Americans maintain a strong racial identity, focused on redressing perceived lack of opportunities.
    This is in part because many of them maintain close ties to siblings or other blacks who are less successful.


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2071602/Rich-African-Americans-cities-blurring-traditional-divides-wealthy-poor.html#ixzz1gW9fyjUi
  • HazeNAlize
    HazeNAlize Banned Users Posts: 501
    edited December 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    you're quick to talk about 🤬 you don't know 🤬 about...
    you're veiled racism does not go unnoticed you 🤬 ...
    *waits for this 🤬 thread to get deleted*



    I posted an article to back up my claims and it's not a silly type stats from an internet source it is actually from a respected Newspaper you can't dispute the article cos they actually did re search



    You should be taking it as a compliment that there are so many Middle Class Black Doctors, Lawyers living in the Suburbs owning big houses yet you acting like it's a bad thing? you should be proud and motivated by that
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    HazeNAlize wrote: »
    How come there are so many Middle Class, Upper Class and overall well of Blacks living in wealthy Suburbs, owning houses with careers like Doctors and Lawyers?



    You can't say it's luck it really came about simply cos they worked hard so at what point do people stop complaining and using excuses?


    What exactly is your point? Since when does some people succeeding mean that there is no injustice in the world. There is no point in trying to explain any of this to non-African Americans. They already think they know everything and refuse to even listen to what is said. If all blacks do is complain, make excuses, and try to live off the system then that's all we do I guess.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Bronx, NY birthplace of hip-hopMembers Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    There are many well off Blacks and some extremely well to do ones, but many Blacks are struggling day to day too. The unemployment rate amongst Blacks is like 16%, and in some cities it is 50%. I don't think many Black people would support this thread lol........someone close or lock this already.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The statistics don't jive with what T/S is saying.

    Not sure why someone who doesnt live in the US is trying to cherry pick information to use to dictate how Americans should feel about anything.

    T/S has no frame of reference for anything happening here other than TV, movies, and music.

    Black wealth has decreased to its lowest levels since the 80's.

    gr-falling-wealth-624.gif

    The median wealth for single Black women is $5.

    Black people make up less than 13% of the US population and make up 39.4% of the prison population.

    So you might wanna come with some facts and figures before you start making blanket statements about conditions in countries where you don't live.

    *Sorry for bumping this*
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    heyslick wrote: »
    California—are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, consider this depressing statistic: Today in America there are nearly twice as many people working for the government (22.5 million) than in all of manufacturing (11.5 million). This is an almost exact reversal of the situation in 1960, when there were 15 million workers in manufacturing and 8.7 million collecting a paycheck from the government.

    It gets worse. More Americans work for the government than work in construction, farming, fishing, forestry, manufacturing, mining and utilities combined. We have moved decisively from a nation of makers to a nation of takers. Nearly half of the $2.2 trillion cost of state and local governments is the $1 trillion-a-year tab for pay and benefits of state and local employees. Is it any wonder that so many states and cities cannot pay their bills?

    And guess which group is employed disproportionately by the government? The same group of people who still support Barack Obama with a staggering 85 percent approval rating; Black people.Let's take a quick look which private sector jobs have the lowest Black participation before we get started:

    [Not sure why you would highlight this section unless you are making a purely racial argument under the guise of fiscal conservatism. Black peoples support of Obama is in no way tied to jobs within the Federal government. Last time I checked, conservatives work for the Federal government too. 88% of Blacks supported John Kerry & 90% voted for Gore.]

    1. Artists and related workers—0.8%
    2. Environmental scientists and geoscientists—1.0%
    3. Cost estimators—1.1%
    4. Farmers and ranchers—1.4%
    4. Dentists—1.4%
    4. Surveying and mapping technicians—1.4%
    7. Farm, ranch, and other agricultural managers—1.5%
    8. News analysts, reporters and correspondents—1.8%
    9. Millwrights—2.1%
    9. Miscellaneous physical scientists—2.1%


    What was the Wall Street Journal alluding to again?

    We already know that TSA, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, the Post Office, NASA and virtually every other Federal agency hires Black employees at rates that far exceed private companies. Black people rely on the public sector for jobs that the private sector just can't create for them to perform, hence high rates of unemployment because every Black person can't work in human resources for the state department.

    [Again, basing your argument around the race of Federal employees shows more about your agenda than it does about the merits of your argument.]

    Just how reliant are Black people on the government for jobs?:

    The figures on the number of blacks in federal government positions tell the story of just who will be hurt the most in a government shutdown. According to a 2010 study by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, blacks make up nearly one out of five non-postal federal employees. The disproportionate number of black federal employees is more than a paper figure if the government issues temporary pink slips to nearly one million federal employees in any shutdown. They have rents and home mortgages to pay, children's tuition due, food and clothes to buy.

    In short the human toll would be huge, and would go far beyond the $100 million dollar per day that some experts estimate a government shutdown would cost. The disproportionate hurt that a government shutdown will inflict on blacks is no anomaly. Public employment, and the federal government being a centerpiece of that, has been the economic life blood of black communities for generations.

    [I would imagine that the discrepancy between the numbers of Black folks employed by the Fed and other sectors of the economy is due to the fact that Black people live in urban areas where those jobs are and a stronger adherence to equal employment standards.]


    Let's dig further into those numbers:

    Nearly 60 percent of older black people rely on Social Security for more than 80 percent of their income, according to the study, released Friday by the Boston-based non-profit United for a Fair Economy. That's compared to 46 percent of older white Americans.

    [Again, to highlight this as a point of your argument shows your true intentions. White people control a much larger share of wealth than Blacks. The idea that Black people require more Federal money, that they paid into, just like any other citizen, is evidence of the historic unlevel playing field that this thread ignorantly tries to sidestep.]


    "These programs are to lift up all Americans, regardless of race," said Brian Miller, executive director of United for a Fair Economy and a co-author of the report. Still, he added, "for black and Latino households, things like social safety nets are far more important."

    The safety net is not all that's at stake. African Americans are 30 percent more likely than the overall workforce to hold public sector jobs -- and 70 percent more likely to work for the Federal government, the study found[/b].

    Spending cuts, then, amount to a "one-two punch" for black households, Miller said.

    "Not only do they get these cuts in public services, they also get hit with layoffs," he said.

    Budget austerity would come at a time when unemployment among African Americans has reached epidemic proportions. Last month, the national unemployment rate was 9.4 percent, and the white unemployment rate was 8.5 percent. For black Americans, it was 15.8 percent.

    How bad would Black unemployment be without public jobs? We might find out soon if the government shuts down, however brief a period it might be.

    We joke about what will happen when the welfare checks and Section 8 housing vouchers run out, but let's face it, it won't be funny. It will be chaos. Worse, think about how many jobs the government provides Black people that the private sector can't replicate[/b].

    Think about all the various organizations that exist on the government dime that help Black people:

    [Most of these programs benefit Whites more than Blacks as White people make up the majority of people receiving food stamps and other forms of public aid. FACT.]

    The government has run out of money. At some point, austerity measures will be implemented that will impact Black people at rates


    One the biggest pushes by the GOP is to cut funding for Planned Parenthood. Despite the GOP’s demonization of Planned Parenthood, the organization isn’t purely about providing abortions. Planned Parenthood provides condoms and other means of contraception to people in urban communities. They also educate teens on sex, children and parenthood and offer other options such as adoptions and counsel young parents on how to raise children.

    I get that you have a different perspective, but you are cherry picking the facts that suit your race based agenda.
  • cool amp
    cool amp Members Posts: 165
    edited December 2011
    HazeNAlize wrote: »
    How come there are so many Middle Class, Upper Class and overall well of Blacks living in wealthy Suburbs, owning houses with careers like Doctors and Lawyers?



    You can't say it's luck it really came about simply cos they worked hard so at what point do people stop complaining and using excuses?
    i can short circuit your whole rhetorical argument. lets say your crakka azz had the opportunity to purchase a $3 million dollar home inside an exclusive gated community. but the only catch is that every homeowner on your street was nyggas. and i dont mean eurocentric subscribing, under the illusion of inclusion good, safe negroes. i mean "fukk the white man and his plan" nyggas. and they all had more money than you. BUT, every dime of that money was earned legally, morally and ethically. would you move into that property? would you continue to stay in that property if the roles were reversed and the nyggas all moved in on your street? why would those properties all of a sudden not seem as valuable as they once were? and finally, why did you invent white flight?
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yall know thats Shadyteam right?