What's up everyone. We are doing a contest with T.I. and we are giving away $1200 a day for the next 10 days. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
https://www.allhiphop.com/ti

I feel like I know alotta people who go to church every Sunday but STILL goin to hell

American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What's really good with that.

I knew this dude who would spend all day in the barber shop, but he wasn't a barber. He was in the shop more than the barbers though.

So he was at a place of employment, but getting 0 dollas but hated being broke. Either work, or be broke. Doing a bit of both is wack. Pick a side.

That's how i feel about the church folk that only behave on Sundays. I'm no expert, but I don't think HIS forgiveness works like that. "I"m gonna do me and Sunday I'll be washed clean to do it again."

Let's talk about it.

Comments

  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    everybody wanna be somebody

    but nobody wanna be themselves
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Plap Star wrote: »
    everybody wanna be somebody

    but nobody wanna be themselves

    Not sure how that relates

    But oddly, I agree.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    It's either they're dragged to church or they're there for "comfort of the mind".
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Sort of the same thing with the people that go to Church on Easter Sunday but no other day. What's the point yo?
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    People get used to routines.

    That and..church/religious activities for a lot of people act as a temporary catharsis for the guilt they pent up during the week....

    Like Ive seen major league hoes cry their ass off at church and be the main ones singing cuz they feel guilty as 🤬 getting knocked down during the week by all types of 🤬 ...So they go to church, "admit" their sins, get "forgiven for at least trying" and then they're guilt from the previous week is erased only for them to repeat the same process over and over again.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    And I know people who don't go to church and if 🤬 had any scruples he would let them into heaven. What's your point?
  • j dash
    j dash Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Most of those people who go to chruch every day and some times on weekdays are the worst. those are the type to go to church in the morning but once they get home they open a beer and drink all day!
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    truthfully I use to hate religious people when I was young. However people assume I was a devil because I no longer wanted to attend church. I got tired of being judged. But I realized those same religious people are judgmental even when they suppose to be street thugs and prostitutes. They carry those same religious beliefs that everyone who isn't attending church are devil worshipers, and judge me as a devil worshiper because I am not attending church. they are taught they you are not saved if you are not going to church, therefore when they stopped going to church it was to serve the devil. I stopped going to church because I felt the church people were devils. I still bump heads with religious 🤬 . I challenge them with scriptures because most do not know scriptures most just know religion. If they read the scriptures, they would realize JESUS was CRUCIFIED by religious folks. They persecuted him because he hung with the crooks and the sinners. READ THE SCRIPTURES. They said he was blasphemy and he wasn't a child of 🤬 , because he did not go to CHURCH. JESUS went in the CHURCH and turned over the TABLES. JESUS was not a christian.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    blah blablah blablah blah

    i aint understand a word you said

    hoobly hoobla
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Real Lady wrote: »
    truthfully I use to hate religious people when I was young. However people assume I was a devil because I no longer wanted to attend church. I got tired of being judged. But I realized those same religious people are judgmental even when they suppose to be street thugs and prostitutes. They carry those same religious beliefs that everyone who isn't attending church are devil worshipers, and judge me as a devil worshiper because I am not attending church. they are taught they you are not saved if you are not going to church, therefore when they stopped going to church it was to serve the devil. I stopped going to church because I felt the church people were devils. I still bump heads with religious 🤬 . I challenge them with scriptures because most do not know scriptures most just know religion. If they read the scriptures, they would realize JESUS was CRUCIFIED by religious folks. They persecuted him because he hung with the crooks and the sinners. READ THE SCRIPTURES. They said he was blasphemy and he wasn't a child of 🤬 , because he did not go to CHURCH. JESUS went in the CHURCH and turned over the TABLES. JESUS was not a christian.

    She's absolutely correct. I applaud this post.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Failure is success in progress! Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I know a whole section of church goers that are going to hell and if I keep looking at the young whipper snappers like I do. My ticket will be stamped, too.

    There are like five chicks that go to my church, I would beat in the choir stands. No lie.

    LOL @ my choir director telling me the only reason he doing that so he can be around the female members.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Failure is success in progress! Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Real Lady wrote: »
    truthfully I use to hate religious people when I was young. However people assume I was a devil because I no longer wanted to attend church. I got tired of being judged. But I realized those same religious people are judgmental even when they suppose to be street thugs and prostitutes. They carry those same religious beliefs that everyone who isn't attending church are devil worshipers, and judge me as a devil worshiper because I am not attending church. they are taught they you are not saved if you are not going to church, therefore when they stopped going to church it was to serve the devil. I stopped going to church because I felt the church people were devils. I still bump heads with religious 🤬 . I challenge them with scriptures because most do not know scriptures most just know religion. If they read the scriptures, they would realize JESUS was CRUCIFIED by religious folks. They persecuted him because he hung with the crooks and the sinners. READ THE SCRIPTURES. They said he was blasphemy and he wasn't a child of 🤬 , because he did not go to CHURCH. JESUS went in the CHURCH and turned over the TABLES. JESUS was not a christian.

    the underlined, I say this only when my wife wants to get mad at me about being late for church.

    And you get judged all the time, do you let that keep you away from places you want to go. NO!
    You do what you want to do. You dont want to go to church. So you made up this excuse, so it can make you feel better. It is cool to not want to go to church. That is your 🤬 given right. Or human right! But dont give over used excuses to explain your actions when they really dont need explaining.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    like I always say

    lock an Evangelist in a room with a Baptist/Methodist/Protestant etc

    and somebody is leaving the room with their feelings hurt

    it would honestly be the most hilarious thing ever to watch
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Heaven has nothing to do with how we act.
    Its about whether we accept what jesus christ has done for us.
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    when I became a messenger I was at war with religious people, I got tired of them persecuting me as a devil. & because of evil persecution, people started following me as a devil worshiper. see when some spread evil lies on others, some people get jealous or influenced of the lies they hear and want to be the lie.


    for example, if you take a girl like me who other girls especially younger ones follow and say that I am being a 🤬 and a devil worshiper, these followers will start being 🤬 and devil worshipers because they believe that's who I am. ( and they are following) so the lies people spread ed upon me was mis-leading people. Therefore I took responsibility to make it clear what I believe.

    this is why I was telling them to stop being jealous of me, because I knew they were jealous of a lie.

    ppl think messengers think they are better than them and that's why we become messenger, most messengers are trying to save "themselves".

    What it is some people like mis-leading the youth, and they are at war with the ones who like guiding the youth in the right direction. They are trying to paint the ones who want to be righteous examples as if we are just trying to be better than them. When it's not the truth. We are trying to guide the youth in the right direction. When u start seeing people following you, you suppose to take responsibility as a leader and lead them the right way. Most people want leadership roles to be seen, but they do not like to lead, or they like to lead the youth astray.

    This is why the future is dim, because many bitter people who made the wrong choices like to corrupt the youth, and destroy the chances of the following generation. Those people like to finger point the faults of the ones that want the youth to know the truth. Despite what u do, you suppose to lead the ones after you in the right path.

    A junkie on 🤬 , told me not to do 🤬 . I looked at what 🤬 did to them, and took it in consideration. I didn't say well u on 🤬 ...

    A drop out told me to stay in school, I didn't say u dropped out.

    People who point fingers back at the messengers are fools, a wise person know that wisdom is obtained thru experience. So wise people do not knock people faults we learn from them. This is why it's so many fools because they expect their teachers to be perfect or they wont listen. This is why they cant learn.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yeah but you were a jumpoff for nas tho
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Heaven has nothing to do with how we act.
    Its about whether we accept what jesus christ has done for us.

    i hope you are not serious about this bro
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    i hope you are not serious about this bro

    None of the verses in the bible about our salvation and eternal life in heaven mention our behavoir as a prerequisite, only that we accept the fact that christ died for our sins
    and was ressurected for our salvation. I know it sounds weird, but that is what it says. Our entrance into heaven is as simple as recieving his gift to us.

    Acts•16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

    Romans•10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that 🤬 hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of 🤬 : 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    None of the verses in the bible about our salvation and eternal life in heaven mention our behavoir as a prerequisite, only that we accept the fact that christ died for our sins
    and was ressurected for our salvation. I know it sounds weird, but that is what it says. Our entrance into heaven is as simple as recieving his gift to us.

    Acts•16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

    Romans•10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that 🤬 hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of 🤬 : 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    but i hope you are aware of the fact, that believing in jesus christ doesn't mean to solely acknowledge his existence but to also believe in him as the only truth and therefore follow him. without diggin too deep into it, we all know what the most important principle on how we should live our lives, which was spoken by jesus himself is: love 🤬 and love your neighbor like you love yourself.

    so to follow him means, to live by that principle. this principle rules out things like stealing, killing, lying, promiscuity etc. if you think these things are okay as long as you acknowledge jesus as the son of 🤬 you got something fundamentally wrong. they can be forgiven, definitely. but you have accept them as wrong doings, regret them and try to do better.i hope you do not think, you can live down here on earth enjoying the life of a sinner to the fullest and still go to heaven since you got this wild card. if you do so, i think there is an unpleasant surprise waiting for you at the end of the road...
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    but i hope you are aware of the fact, that believing in jesus christ doesn't mean to solely acknowledge his existence but to also believe in him as the only truth and therefore follow him. without diggin too deep into it, we all know what the most important principle on how we should live our lives, which was spoken by jesus himself is: love 🤬 and love your neighbor like you love yourself.

    so to follow him means, to live by that principle. this principle rules out things like stealing, killing, lying, promiscuity etc. if you think these things are okay as long as you acknowledge jesus as the son of 🤬 you got something fundamentally wrong. they can be forgiven, definitely. but you have accept them as wrong doings, regret them and try to do better.i hope you do not think, you can live down here on earth enjoying the life of a sinner to the fullest and still go to heaven since you got this wild card. if you do so, i think there is an unpleasant surprise waiting for you at the end of the road...

    Breh....... i am only telling you what the book says. The book dont say love thy neighbor as you love thyself and you will be saved.
    Matter of fact, it points out that doing this( "works") without accepting Christ's gift WILL NOT get you to heaven.

    I mean, i agree with you and live my life like that, but, if it was not meant for us to know what i said, it would not be in the bible dozens of times.
    I just grabbed the verses that said it the most clearly.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Breh....... i am only telling you what the book says. The book dont say love thy neighbor as you love thyself and you will be saved.
    Matter of fact, it points out that doing this( "works") without accepting Christ's gift WILL NOT get you to heaven.

    I mean, i agree with you and live my life like that, but, if it was not meant for us to know what i said, it would not be in the bible dozens of times.
    I just grabbed the verses that said it the most clearly.

    yeah, this is definitely the main requirement. but to get a little closer to the thread title here is what i meant:

    Revelation 21:8, “But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
    im a Christian and i admit that there is too many truths in this post wowzers

    i have the feeling church is really split, on the hand you got these scandalous hoes and other people who come there to cleanse their guilty conscience from their mon-sat life and on the other hand you got people that really try to live that christian life and take it serious.