What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    I think the path to a decisive victory for either side will be downstairs

That pace is too much for Canelo so he's going to get winded. Invest to the body early and hope that softens GGG up when he has to start sitting down. GGG should go to the body to stop some of that movement and force him into exchanges. Canelo has great upper body movement/defense and reflexes...I couldn't understand why G kept going high when he had him trapped. He so used to catching everybody, seem like he bought his own hype

Lol so basically do what he did the first fight? Aight thanks expert

That's not what Canelo did though.

In the first 3 rounds he didn't attack the body?

Neither one of them attacked the body.

Mixing up your shots between the head and the body ain't the same as attacking the body.

Short answer: NO Canelo didn't attack the body.

He was getting at his body bruh as good as you're gonna do against GGG, of course you have to mix it up do you know anything about boxing?

Its quite obvious that you don't know shit about boxing and since you have proven you don't this is a waste of my time.

Once you learn something about boxing you can come back and possibly hold a decent conversation about boxing.

Smh yea great rebuttal

Like you actually wrote something that needed to be rebutted.

This your comments regarding boxing to me

I know you two are having your little slap fight, but I'd like to know what you mean when you say go to the body too. Canelo obviously targeted the body in the first three rounds. Of course he didn't strike there exclusively, but no good fighter would go after the same target exclusively unless the opponent was not defending. GGG was.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Lamont Peterson in his bag, his body work is ideal

Landing 2 or 3 body shots here and there or per round is not a concerted body attack. Maybe he'll feel them the next morning, aint going do much fight night unless one of those was a superb liver shot.
    illedout
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floyd was right, GGG all straight up and down, no special effects, he relies on his tolerance to pain and on his chin to fights against superior boxers like he did on saturday night.

Canelo ups his work rate on the rematch and beats him on points, those rounds that he won, he did it in a more impressive fashion than GGG in the rounds that he took.

Btw, Jacobs beat him, but lets acts like it never happened.

agreed. rewatched the fight and I scored it 115-112 Jacobs

• aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Landing 2 or 3 body shots here and there or per round is not a concerted body attack. Maybe he'll feel them the next morning, aint going do much fight night unless one of those was a superb liver shot.

Canelo cant fight like lamont he doesn't have the stamina. Lamont has to fight like that cuz he doesn't have great handspeed or power
    dasmooth1
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20
    aneed123 wrote: »

Canelo cant fight like lamont he doesn't have the stamina. Lamont has to fight like that cuz he doesn't have great handspeed or power

His brother had the total package...til idk wtf happened to him
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
    dasmooth1
    Not the point

U trying to say canelo should go in his bag like lamont when stamina wise he isnt capable
  • DupacDupac Retired PurgatoryPosts: 68,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggaz fighting on fs1

Not the point

U trying to say canelo should go in his bag like lamont when stamina wise he isnt capable

I'm not

I gave an example of someone who works the body

Stamina ain't got shit to do with going to the body either...he's throwing punches no matter where he aims

U lost me

• Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastery wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/12495576/division-division-rankings-middleweight

Lol @ dan rafael fat ass at espn ranking canelo the #2 middleweight in the world. FOH.

How you gonna rank canelo over Jacobs? He a whole hoe for that.

Propaganda fam pushing the rematch ....on another ESPN hates Rigondeaux
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

Maywood
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all I was saying. Yes Canelo landed body shots and some good ones at that but in no way, shape, form or fashion did Canelo ATTACK the body of GGG.

so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

• stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.boxingscene.com/jesse-hart-ive-waiting-patiently-become-superstar--120653
    Jesse Hart: I've Been Waiting Patiently To Become a Superstar

By Thomas Gerbasi

Eugene “Cyclone” Hart made it to 22-0 with 1 NC before he suffered the first pro loss of his career against Nate Collins in 1972.

Then things got interesting, as the Philadelphia middleweight faced the best fighters of his era, guys like Marvin Hagler, Willie Monroe, Bobby Watts, Bennie Briscoe, Sugar Ray Seales, Eddie Gregory and Vito Antuofermo.

Win or lose, it was a resume to be proud of, but in the days before there were four world champions per division, Hart never got a crack at the title. And after a 1982 loss to Tony Suero, he called it a day at the age of 30.

Thirty-five years after that last bout, Hart’s 28-year-old son Jesse, 22-0, gets the shot at the title he never did when he faces 35-0 Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez for the WBO super middleweight crown on Friday in Tucson, Arizona.

Some fighters would shy away from the pressure of winning one for dad, but Hart is embracing the prospect of bringing a title home not just for his father, but his whole family.

“It means a lot because we never had a belt in our household,” Hart said during a media teleconference on Tuesday. “My dad wasn’t the first to do this in the Hart household. There were my uncles too, but my dad took it the furthest. He said, ‘Everything I didn’t do in boxing, I want my son to do it.’ That’s what he’s pushing me to do. It means legacy. This is personal for my family; we want to bring a belt back to our household.”

If Hart wins the belt, it would be one of the great boxing stories of the year, especially considering that if “Cyclone” was plying his trade today, a title shot most likely would have been his, and with his legendary left hook, winning a championship was within reach.

“Jesse has a very, very good punch, but his father, ‘Cyclone,’ could knock down walls,” said Jesse Hart’s promoter, Bob Arum. “He was the hardest punching middleweight of his time and he was a tremendous draw during the heyday of the middleweights.”

“My dad was a tremendous boxer-puncher,” added Hart. “He was a converted southpaw so people didn’t expect that hook to be as devastating as it was.”

Hart has something extra on his fastball as well, evidenced in his 18 knockout wins, but it was one of the fighters he couldn’t stop, veteran journeyman Dashon Johnson, who taught him the most in the ring.

“I took away some different tricks of the trade,” Hart said of his March 2016 bout with Johnson, which saw him decked in the final round before gutting out a decision win. One of them was to not let an opponent’s record deceive him.

“When you look at a guy’s record like that, the first thing that went through my mind was ‘I’m gonna get this guy out of here,’” said Hart of Johnson, who had a deceiving 19-18-3 record at the time of their fight. “And when my mind is set to do something, that’s what I believe. I believed I was going to do it. There was no Plan B or Plan C. And that was immature. Now I’m mature enough to see everything – when to box, when to move, when to hit a guy, when to tie a guy up, when to dig to the body.”

Hart has left nothing up to chance in his last two bouts, dispatching Andrew Hernandez and Alan Campa in three and five rounds, respectively. And through it all, he stayed in the gym and remained patient, waiting for his call to fight for the title. That patience was obviously instilled in him by his father, but it’s also been in his brain during his entire pro career, something he owes to Arum.

“Bob always said, ‘You’ve got to be patient,’” Hart recalled. “When I first turned pro, he said to me, ‘There are boxing stars and there are superstars. Superstars can sell themselves in the ring and outside the ring. Boxing stars can only sell themselves in the ring.’ He said I have all the qualities to be a superstar. I speak well, I have a great smile, and all of these different things come into play when you’re trying to build a superstar. The things that Oscar De La Hoya had, Bob built that up. Floyd Mayweather and the things he had, Bob built up. So I’ve been waiting patiently to become a superstar. I just don’t want to be a boxing star.”

The first step to that goal is Friday. Hart will have an ESPN audience for his bout with Ramirez, which won’t hurt in having him reach an audience outside of the boxing hardcores, and it’s impossible not to latch on to the father-son story, much like America embraced Ray Mancini’s quest to win a title for his father Lenny.

But the bottom line is still the fight, and Hart has to deliver on his promise against Ramirez. Yet as he pointed out to the media, camp had been nothing short of torture.

“I think this has been the hardest training I’ve been through in my life,” he said. “It’s a damn near-death experience in that gym. It was war.

“There were times I was like, ‘Am I still alive?’”

That’s old school Philly right there, and while Hart admits that the days of the legendary gym wars are done, there is no question that there’s a piece of that history that he will always carry with him.

“That means you have an upbringing, you have something behind you that you have to uphold and live up to,” he said. “That means a lot dedication, preparation and pride. The city of Philadelphia takes pride in its sports.”

And in the athletes who represent the city in the ring or on the field, court or ice. As for Jesse Hart, he respects that lineage, especially the one closest to him.

“When I go in there, my dad’s heart goes in there with me,” he said. “My dad started me in this at the age of six years old, so we have to recognize where we come from and how we got here. The goal was to be a world champion.”

vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
    buttuh_b
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all I was saying. Yes Canelo landed body shots and some good ones at that but in no way, shape, form or fashion did Canelo ATTACK the body of GGG.

I guess it's just semantics. I see what ya'll are saying, but I don't think you have to focus on the body to "attack the body." I can spend a round hitting a guy almost exclusively with light shots to the body or I can use jabs to the head to set up a few heavy damaging shots to the body. To me, those are both examples of attacking the body.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn R.I.P to one of the old school GOATs

"I fought Sugar so often, I almost got diabetes"
    You Down to Travel?

I've been International since I was 16

Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

at my Travel Blog right here

htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
    aneed123Valentinez A. Kaiserplaymaker88#1hiphopjunki3
  • Alpha_Ambition Alpha_Ambition Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy how much DeNiro looked just like him
    stringer bell
    Not the point

I'm not

Stamina ain't got shit to do with going to the body either...he's throwing punches no matter where he aims

U lost me

Stamina dies play a part... u have to risk getting hit... and exert energy to sell out to the body for 12 rounds
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the point

I'm not

U lost me

Stamina dies play a part... u have to risk getting hit... and exert energy to sell out to the body for 12 rounds

PlainBackEquestrian.gif

ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

dasmooth1
    Not the point

I'm not

U lost me

PlainBackEquestrian.gif

Name me a prolific come forward body puncher who didnt get hit a lot? They usually have great chins will and stamina.
    Not the point

I'm not

U lost me

PlainBackEquestrian.gif

Name me a prolific come forward body puncher who didnt get hit a lot? They usually have great chins will and stamina.

Nigga its a fucking fight that alone means you risk getting hit.

Prime Roberto Duran
    giphy.gif

Smh nigga u bein contrary for no reason... it's klikeike arguing with a woman ... u got it b
    Maywood
    Smh nigga u bein contrary for no reason... it's klikeike arguing with a woman ... u got it b

In other words "you was right I was wrong let me go ahead and shut the fuck up now".

I agree 100% go ahead and shut the fuck up now cause you was wrong!!

Maywood